“How they cheat”

The Royal Paradise Hotel & Spa
Ranked #60 of 331 Hotels in Patong
Reviewed June 14, 2013

We booked 3 rooms of the hotel from expedia. But when we reached to our surprise, we were put in different wings. When we request to put us on the same wing they asked money!! Beside that when we booked with breakfast, we were surprise to know that the break fast is only for adult and for kids you have to pay extra!! And worst was yet to follow. When ever you ask for towel they only provide 2 towels despite telling them that we have kids with us and required 3 or 4 towels per room. They never provided the same. And further to add our misery which on last day we were to check out at 1.00 PM we got a call from reception threatening us to charge 200 Bath per half an hour more if we do not empty the rooms. Such a terrible experience.

I request all my prospective visitor to ignore the hotel. It will spoil your vacation.

Room Tip: rooms near pool side is better however they come with premium.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank Nirav S
Operation M, Manager at The Royal Paradise Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded June 19, 2013

Good Morning ,
Thank you very much for your kind and select to stay with us . Actually the hotel standard we will have check out time at 12.00 am if you would like to late check out we will charge for 200 Baht . Inside the room we accept for 2 person stay in the room if more for triple we will charge for 1000 Baht for extra person this price include ABF also . we hope you will come back to visit Phuket again and hope you will come back to stay with us again .

Best Regards,

Write a ReviewReviews (1,419)

Reviewed June 13, 2013

I love stayed here since I could meet another mate in the hotel. The hotel is really going off for us. Every nite is just like a paradise for us. The location is very good !!! There are several gay bars nearby so u dont have to go anywhere !! There is also a good massage nearby to the hotel and it was bloody cheap !!

The hotel itsel actually bit old; probably older than me. Heheh. But that's ok since the location is very good. The brekkie itself not really bad; eventough it costs 12 AUD/person.

Overall, it is highly recommended for you mate ! just book here and u might have another mate on another nite. :p

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank partyguy84

Good Morning ,
Thank you very much for your comment .Thank you for choose us to care you . Our hotel is very close with the entertainment , shopping and beach . We hope you will come back and stay with us again . we hope to see you soon.

Reviewed June 10, 2013

The check-in was smooth. The room was quite spacious and a good view. Although it was really noisy at night but I enjoyed watching those ppl enjoying themselves at the gay bar nearby. I experienced a blackout on my 1st day frm 9pm till 3am. Imagine with a hot room and limited lights at the passage way and the hotel lobby. Heard a couple raising their voice at the recep saying that they experience of 'no air-con' the day before and after hearing this I eventually wonder how will my stay be in the next 2 nites. The staffs really cant be help at all as when you ask everything 'i dont know'. Only one staff which i can really praised was named 'Nik'. If you ever stayed there ask him as he is the only one available to help you around. As much as other ppl comments about the blackout of the hotel (which was frequent) and the staffs were really true especially after i myself experienced it.

Room Tip: Ask for Royal Wing, higher floor and facing near to half the sea & half the town so that you can...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family

Good Morning ,
Thank you very much for your kind and visit us for your nice holiday , Our Management would like to thank you about your comment and we will care our customer same as they 're stay at home . We thank you our staff Nik to very care the customer and let 's him know about your comment . Nik very happy to hear that . We promise we will improve our standard and our service . We hope you will come back to stay with us again . See you soon .

Best Regards

Reviewed June 8, 2013

It is near the beach, shoppingmall, bar street and seafood street. It is easy to get all location you want to go by walk in 10 minutes.It is also far away the noise in night, only some bars' happiness will trouble you sometimes for there are some gay bar in the front street of the hotel.

The room service is timely and good. The response of receptionist is fast and efficient. We would take the plant on 8:00 a.m. that day which means we must start off form hotel on 6:00 a.m. With the help of the receptionist, Taxi and breakfast for takeaway were prepared in time which gave us the convieniece.

If we go to Phuket next time, we will choose the Royal Paradise Hotel again.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Xie B
Operation M, Manager at The Royal Paradise Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded June 12, 2013

Good Afternoon ,
Thank you very much for your kind and relax with our hotel . Our management and our staff would like to say thank you again for your promise you will come to see us again and we would like to service you and your family soon . If you have any assistance please contact to me at admin@royalparadise.com

Reviewed June 8, 2013

We found the hotel very well located- a short walk to the beach and the cute eateries around but was by no means luxurious. Since we went in early January, which is peak season- I felt that we paid an arm and a leg for the basic room we got. The buffet breakfast was elaborate but average. The view from our room was nice. Ok if you plan to be out most of the day.

Room Tip: Choose a room facing the beach
Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Rachel1301
Operation M, Manager at The Royal Paradise Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded June 11, 2013

Good Afternoon ,
Thank you very much for your comment , we would like to thank you for visit and use our hotel for your holiday . Our located is nice for the people would like to shopping because our hotel is very close with Junceylon shopping center , Bangla Road ( Entertainment center ) and near the beach . We have minibus schedule for send our customer to beach every hour . If you would like to stay and any assistance please contact to me admin@royalparadise.com .

Reviewed June 7, 2013

Perfect view if you are above 12th Floor. Rooms are clean and tidy. Food and bar service was also good. However, hotel doesn't have wifi in rooms and there is a LAN cord which is chargeable.
Location is so-so. Would have been apt if it was a sea facing hotel.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple

Good Afternoon ,
Thank you very much for your comment and thank you for your visit . About the WiFi we have service at the front desk and second floor in front of coconut coffee shop . In the future we have plan to set up free Wi Fi in the room also . We hope you will come back to see us and visit us again . if you like any assistance please contact to me at admin@royalparadise.com

Regards,

Reviewed June 6, 2013

Was there from 1-5 June 2013.

Very Good:
1. The assistant manager (a guy with the last four letters of his name I think is "sorn") checked me in on 1st June 2013 even though I was way before check in time around 930am. I was very tired from the early flight and he took time to find me a double bed room. Thanks and that was a great help!
2. Another lady manager on 4th June 2013 night allowed me to check out late at 3.00pm as my taxi was arriving at 3.30pm and a flight of 6.00pm. I was very thankful. The usual reception staff actually wanted me to pay by the hour for the late check out and I was thankful the manager on duty allowed me a late check out.
3. I had fruits served to my room for my first day of stay and was pleasantly surprised.
4. Shower water pressure is great! Heavy enough for a good shower.
5. Was placed on a 12th floor room. The view was very good as it overlooks part of the rows of houses and view of the patong beach and hill. Very nice.

Good:
1. Staff were generally friendly.
2. This is considered one of the oldest hotel around but its surroundings is still quite well maintained.
3. Room is clean and spacious. Comes with ironing board and a deck to dry out clothes.
4. Pool is sufficient for use to relax and comes with a bar by the pool.
5. Though my hotel room was just beside the lift, somehow was quite quiet for a good night's sleep.
6. Bed is pretty comfortable and the double bed is large if one rolls and turns in his sleep.

Not so good:
1. No wifi at room. Will be good to have it.
2. Wifi is available only at 2nd level which the lift does not reach. Means you got to take the lift to the first level then walk up to the 2nd level. And, this area is very warm.
3. Tooth brush not provided in the room. (I brought mine luckily)

In any case, for my assessment based on the off peak price paid and all, I think the hotel is generally very good. Well, I have booked my Aug 2013 trip with the same hotel already. Wifi in room by then, hopefully.

Room Tip: This hotel has 24 storeys. I will think it is wise to take a level of about 10 storey for a good vie...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank StevenTHKoh
Operation M, Manager at The Royal Paradise Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded June 7, 2013

Good Morning ,
Thank you very much for your comment and thank you very much for your visit to stay with us , we hope you will come back to stay in our hotel again for next time . about the Wi Fi we have plan to install free Wi Fi in our hotel soon . About the tooth brush actually we not set up in the room if the customer request we will serve it in the room . If you would like any assistance please contact me at admin@royalparadise.com .