Was there from 1-5 June 2013.
1. The assistant manager (a guy with the last four letters of his name I think is "sorn") checked me in on 1st June 2013 even though I was way before check in time around 930am. I was very tired from the early flight and he took time to find me a double bed room. Thanks and that was a great help!
2. Another lady manager on 4th June 2013 night allowed me to check out late at 3.00pm as my taxi was arriving at 3.30pm and a flight of 6.00pm. I was very thankful. The usual reception staff actually wanted me to pay by the hour for the late check out and I was thankful the manager on duty allowed me a late check out.
3. I had fruits served to my room for my first day of stay and was pleasantly surprised.
4. Shower water pressure is great! Heavy enough for a good shower.
5. Was placed on a 12th floor room. The view was very good as it overlooks part of the rows of houses and view of the patong beach and hill. Very nice.
1. Staff were generally friendly.
2. This is considered one of the oldest hotel around but its surroundings is still quite well maintained.
3. Room is clean and spacious. Comes with ironing board and a deck to dry out clothes.
4. Pool is sufficient for use to relax and comes with a bar by the pool.
5. Though my hotel room was just beside the lift, somehow was quite quiet for a good night's sleep.
6. Bed is pretty comfortable and the double bed is large if one rolls and turns in his sleep.
Not so good:
1. No wifi at room. Will be good to have it.
2. Wifi is available only at 2nd level which the lift does not reach. Means you got to take the lift to the first level then walk up to the 2nd level. And, this area is very warm.
3. Tooth brush not provided in the room. (I brought mine luckily)
In any case, for my assessment based on the off peak price paid and all, I think the hotel is generally very good. Well, I have booked my Aug 2013 trip with the same hotel already. Wifi in room by then, hopefully.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Royal Paradise Hotel & Spa is located in famous Patong Beach on the tropical island of Phuket. Centrally located, the hotel offers easy access to the vibrant entertainment & shopping district, with the stunning Patong Beach and a variety of memorable tourist attractions just a short walk away. We are a contemporary hotel ideal for holidaymakers, families as well as a group of friend and independent travelers. Most room from Paradise wing have the Panorama sea view with their private balcony. While rooms from Royal wing have pool and mountain view with the private balcony. We provide car parking area for our guests. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Travelocity, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your The Royal Paradise Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Royal Paradise Patong
- The Royal Paradise Hotel & Spa Patong, Phuket