“Royal Paradise Hotel Phuket Patong”

The Royal Paradise Hotel & Spa
Ranked #60 of 331 Hotels in Patong
Reviewed June 6, 2013

Was there from 1-5 June 2013.

Very Good:
1. The assistant manager (a guy with the last four letters of his name I think is "sorn") checked me in on 1st June 2013 even though I was way before check in time around 930am. I was very tired from the early flight and he took time to find me a double bed room. Thanks and that was a great help!
2. Another lady manager on 4th June 2013 night allowed me to check out late at 3.00pm as my taxi was arriving at 3.30pm and a flight of 6.00pm. I was very thankful. The usual reception staff actually wanted me to pay by the hour for the late check out and I was thankful the manager on duty allowed me a late check out.
3. I had fruits served to my room for my first day of stay and was pleasantly surprised.
4. Shower water pressure is great! Heavy enough for a good shower.
5. Was placed on a 12th floor room. The view was very good as it overlooks part of the rows of houses and view of the patong beach and hill. Very nice.

Good:
1. Staff were generally friendly.
2. This is considered one of the oldest hotel around but its surroundings is still quite well maintained.
3. Room is clean and spacious. Comes with ironing board and a deck to dry out clothes.
4. Pool is sufficient for use to relax and comes with a bar by the pool.
5. Though my hotel room was just beside the lift, somehow was quite quiet for a good night's sleep.
6. Bed is pretty comfortable and the double bed is large if one rolls and turns in his sleep.

Not so good:
1. No wifi at room. Will be good to have it.
2. Wifi is available only at 2nd level which the lift does not reach. Means you got to take the lift to the first level then walk up to the 2nd level. And, this area is very warm.
3. Tooth brush not provided in the room. (I brought mine luckily)

In any case, for my assessment based on the off peak price paid and all, I think the hotel is generally very good. Well, I have booked my Aug 2013 trip with the same hotel already. Wifi in room by then, hopefully.

Room Tip: This hotel has 24 storeys. I will think it is wise to take a level of about 10 storey for a good vie...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank StevenTHKoh
Operation M, Manager at The Royal Paradise Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded June 7, 2013

Good Morning ,
Thank you very much for your comment and thank you very much for your visit to stay with us , we hope you will come back to stay in our hotel again for next time . about the Wi Fi we have plan to install free Wi Fi in our hotel soon . About the tooth brush actually we not set up in the room if the customer request we will serve it in the room . If you would like any assistance please contact me at admin@royalparadise.com .

Best Regards,

Write a ReviewReviews (1,418)

Reviewed June 5, 2013

I cannot believe such a big hotel did not have Internet or Wi-Fi in the room Internet would be extra cost in the rooms and no Wi-Fi. Hotel is a 10 minutes walk from the beach and all the crazy nightlife

• Stayed: May 2013
1  Thank Afshadd
Operation M, Manager at The Royal Paradise Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded June 5, 2013

Good Afternoon ,
Thank you very much for your comment and thank you for stay with us here . About the Wi Fi we have service at the lobby and second floor of the Paradise Wing near by Fueng Fah ( Thai Restaurant ) and Coconut Coffee Shop . Our Management we have plan to set up Free Wifi around our hotel soon . Finally our management would like to thank you to visit us and stay with us if you have any assistance please contact me directly at admin@royalparadise.com. We hope to take care you and your family again .

Reviewed June 4, 2013

Very loydness. You can't sleep over night because of the very high desibles sounds from outside which is caused by the party in gay area infront of your hotel. Very ironic. It said that this hotel famously has good halalan food (which is only have 3 kinds of halalan food) but near of this hotel is surrounding by gay area, gay club, gay spa, and so many gay's entertainment. So maybe it was becoming a gay village. So i would not recommend this hotel to families who wants to have a nice rest and nice environment. The next terrible things is the nonsense solution and compensation. At our first night, the night manager told us that we will have a breakfast in the morning as the compensation for the shutdown electricity accident, but in tomorrow morning the breakfast keeper didn't let us to pass in. She easily told us "you can't come in, because your room is not included the breakfast.." and we said that your previous night manager told us that we have rights to have a nice breakfast, and she said again "sorry..i don't received any messages and notes from him..so you still can not come in.." woww, what a "nice" coordination. Or..the night manager actually never have a good intention in giving the compensation. What a liar. What kind of 4 star hotel is that? 4 star of nonsense? Very dissapointing. Totally pissed me off. And also they have slow responses in their receptionist because we've got 50 minutes for our check in. Wasting time. And they wouldn't changes your bathing stuff eveb you have been told them to replace it everyday, so we suggest to not use it to much for the bath soap, the shampoo and other bathing stuff. And for the last terrible things is, don't ever take anything in the room such as slippers, laundry bags etc (which never been charged in other 4 star & 5 star international hotels) because they will charges you very very high, for the example they charges you 200 Baht for the take home slippers. So, don't hope too much for taking that as a souvenirs without digging up your wallet very deeply. So, at the end, their cheap price doesn't mean anything at all!

• Stayed: June 2013
3  Thank marqy
Operation M, Manager at The Royal Paradise Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded June 12, 2013

Good Afternoon ,
Thank you very much for your comment and thank you to stay with us for your best time in Phuket . Our Management would like to apologize about the situation on 31 /5/13 for the electric problem the reason is problem form electricity authority after that our cable line defective 2 line then we wait for 6-8 hour to repair it . Our Management would like to say very sorry with all of our customer with this situation .
About the Breakfast is our wrong communication between Night Manager and our staff . Management team know about this situation we would like to apologize again for this situation we promise we will not mistake again .
About the Laundry Bag and slipper actually our hotel policy we have to charge if you would like to take it for souvenir we have price in the price list item already . we will discuss again in the future how we can do ?
Finally ,Thank you very much for your comment we promise we will take the problem to discuss and do the best for our customer . Hope you will come back to see us and visit us again . If you would like to have any assistance please contact to me directly at admin@royalparadise.com

Reviewed June 4, 2013

the check in was easy and fast
we took a room at the 11th floor so the view was very nice
the room is spacious and clean not so luxurious we stayed at the paradise wing not the royal wing
the breakfast is horrible, except for the egg station, everything smelled like the traditional thai food and no much varieties
the hotel pool is very good
I didn't use the spa
every room has its umbrella which we had to take with us every time we went out as we went in may and this is the wet season in Phuket.
the hotel location is very good, near bangla road where all the night life is
in front of the hotel there is a gay bar but nothing harmful

Room Tip: Paradise wing is better choose a room in a high floor
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Amir S

Good Afternoon ,
Thank you very much for stay with us and thank you for your comment , We promise we will keep up our standard for the best service for our customer . Actually our breakfast is International Buffet
we have many kind of food but concentrate more asian food . Our Paradise Thai Spa is very nice place and very good service . Our management hope you will come back to stay with us again and if you would like any assistance please contact me directly at admin@royalparadise.com

Best Regard,

Reviewed June 3, 2013

I booked 8 rooms on this hotel via Orbitz since it was good deal. Three of them are in Royal Wings while five of them are in Paradise Wings. Upon arrival, we were greeted by the cut-down electricity in the hotel and also followed by the miscommunication that happened during our check-in. The check-in process took dreadful 50 minutes. However, I'm pleased that Ms. Wann was very helpful so we could get our rooms per our request and didn't charge for the extra bed since actually one of my friend joined with another room from his original room.
After 3 hours from our check-in time, the electricity was still turned off. As you expected, the room was very hot !!! I chose to stay at the lobby since the Wifi is only available in lobby and it was very hot in the room. The Chinese guests; which just checked-in one hour ago were very angry to the night manager of the hotel; some of them asking for a fan since their babies and children cannot sleep. The hotel cannot fulfill the request of the guests which make them very angry. However, it's pity to see that the hotel actually has fan on the reception; where the reception staff could still feel the cool breeze from the fan; while the guests have to stay on their hot room. Five hours passed from our check-in time; so some of my friends are losing our temper. That's why I decide to talk to the night manager; Mr. Muhammad something... We asked when we could get sleep with the electricity on and he couldn't answer for our question. My friend asked to him that we should get compensation from the hotel; we asked for free breakfast for our two rooms (we booked 6 rooms with breakfast; while 2 other rooms are room only) and late check-out. He said yes but we have to inform it also to Front Office Manager on the next day. My friend insisted that we should get proof from him for this deal but he told me that we could tell it to the FOM. Finally, the electricity was recovered after 6 hours from our check-in time.

The hotel location is good, you could walk to Bangla and Jungceylon within few minutes. However, if you travel with your family; I wouldn't recommend it since the hotel is located on the gay area with the loudness of the club nearby. My friends who were in Deluxe Royal Wings cannot sleep at all since there were loud sounds from the gay club next to the royal wings. The beds in Royal Wings are hard like rock either so it adds as an incentive to my friends why they could not sleep on the Royal Wings. The mineral water and the toiletries were not replaced eventhough I requested to clean the room. The room in Deluxe Paradise Wing doesn’t have international channel at all. I couldn’t comment on other rooms because I didn't check but probably the same.

We booked the hotel based on the information that the hotel has halal breakfast buffet since most of my group preferred halal food. However, it tends to be not true since they only provide halal corners with only 3 kind of foods everyday and the halal foods served are only Indian cuisine; which might not cater all segments. The majority of the buffet in restaurant are ham, pork, and other non-halal things so actually it is the same with other hotel in Phuket area. The juice provided were syrup so I chose to drink plain water everytime I have breakfast.

On the next day (Saturday), we didn't have a chance to meet the FOM since we have early tour to Krabi so I talked to the reception staff on the next following day.(Sunday). I talked to the reception staff about the late check-out was confirmed and also free breakfast from the night manager but she told me that only late-check out was granted. I told her that Mr. Muhammad told me that we could get free breakfast for our two rooms but she told me that we can't. Wow..what a liar !!!

The most surprising moments were when we have check-out. Some of my friends use slippers and also laundry bags then they charged for the slippers and laundry bags which I found it rarely happened in other four stars hotels. The charges for Laundry Bags are 250 Baht/bag; while slippers were charged 200 Baht/slippers. If there were 16 Laundry Bags were used; probably you could afford a room on this hotel !!! So beware !!!The FOM told me if I need a receipt for the slippers and laundry bags charges but I asked them whether they would also charge for the receipt since I worried that the receipt would cause another charges.

All in all, it was very disappointing stay since the hotel charges everything; probably the Laundry Bags and slippers charges contributed more than the breakfast charges. I learned something today that cheaper room rate doesn’t mean that would be cheap; my room rate for their Deluxe room was 2,353.58 Baht/night (including taxes). Eventhough it was cheap but it doesn't have great value at all. Imagine if there were two slippers and two laundry bags were used; so the total actual room rate would be 3,253.58 which you might afford other better 4 stars or even 5 stars hotel on this range. However, if you were only need location near to Jungceylon or Bangla in affordable prices, this hotel might be for you.

Room Tip: Book somewhere else
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
6  Thank virtualaris

Good Afternoon ,
And Laundry Bag and slipper actually our hotel policy we have to charge if you would like to take it for souvenir we have price in the price list item already . we will discuss again in the future how we can do ?

Reviewed June 3, 2013

I ended up staying at this hotel because of our flight time we wouldn't be able to make it in time with the first ferry leaving Ko Phi Phi. We found Royal Paradise Hotel on Agoda.com, and the prices was very reasonable. The hotel is very nice, clean, and the staff is helpful. We only stayed for a night so I can't comment on what it would be to get around town etc, but it seemed close to lots of dining, going out and the beach. The hotel is a little old fashioned looking but again for the price you can't beat it. We tried their Thai restaurant which didn't have too many people, but that may because more people wanted to be in town. The food there was decent and the service was very good. The breakfast buffet is also a nice bonus to have included int the room. Only downfall is the free wifi on the second floor is a bit hit or miss. .

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Operation M, Manager at The Royal Paradise Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded June 3, 2013

Good Afternoon ,
Thank you very for your comment . Our Management would like thank you very much for your interesting to stay with us . Our hotel we promise we will keep our service and our standard and will be improve our standard more for the best hotel in Patong , we hope you will recommend our hotel to your friend and you colleague stay at our hotel because our hotel is more comfortable you will not get bored when you stay at our hotel , Our hotel is near by shopping area , banla road
( Entertainment Road ) , near the beach too . If you would like any assistance please contact to me directly at admin@royalparadise.com.

Reviewed June 3, 2013

Recently we stayed at the Royal Paradise Hotel, Phuket. The hotel is simply one of the best properties in Phuket. Ideally situated near Patong beach and Bangla street, where the night life of the city is. Hospitality of the staff was very good so also the food. It offers the value for money and we would certainly like to go back.

Room Tip: Rooms on the rear side offers you a good view of the sea
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Good Afternoon ,
Thank you very much for your comment .we 're very happy when our customer very enjoy when stay at our hotel . Our management promise we will keep our standard , best service and improve more for the best hotel in Patong , Our hotel is the center at Patong nearly shopping area and near by entertainment road at Bangla Road .only 5 minute form our hotel to beach . we're look like cities H otel. We hope you will come back and introduce our hotel to your friends and your colleague . If you would like any assistance please send e-mail to me directly at admin@royalparadise.com . Hope to see you soon .