“Beautiful Hotel”

Novotel Phuket Resort
Ranked #11 of 334 Hotels in Patong
Reviewed April 18, 2010

Stayed here for 8 nights with friends,my first time here to Thailand. The hotel is up high on a hill. From the moment I walked through to the Lobby area to check in,I was amazed at such a Beautiful spot. The staff handed me a cold towel which was so refreshing. My room was lovely and was up a hill,but they have a buggy to take you up the hill. The breakfast was fresh and was lovely.Staff were friendly and the restaurant has amazing views of The Andaman Sea. The pool area is lovely. I recommend this hotel for couples who are on there honeymoon. I would stay here again as I loved the quietness which was away from busy Patong. The hotel is located up a hill and if you wanted to go out they would take you to the entrance of the hotel in a buggy where the security stand is from there you could walk to Patong in about 20 mins approx to do your shopping,but you can get a taxi at the entrance of the hotel if you didn't want to walk it.

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled with friends
1  Thank addikted2travel
Write a ReviewReviews (3,145)

Reviewed April 16, 2010

My family stayed for 8 nights, I have a 10 month old baby, 2 year old and a nearly 5 year old. The rooms were quite small, lucky we booked 2 rooms, but a superior room would be too small for a couple and 1 child. My family was disappointed at the pools, there are 3 small pools at different levels, the lowest level pool is set up for kids, however to our disappointment and horror for quite a few days there were a few seedy european men in their 50's lying by the pool with their thai prostitutes. To my dismay noone from the hotel spoke to them, and it was very obvious what they were doing and the men playing up around the pool whilst young children trying to swim. This put a bad taste in my mouth of the hotel as it was quite disgusting to see. My daughter wanted to play in the kids club, they had on the sign board kids making necklaces and dolls, so my daughter was excited. We checked the facilities out and it seemed ok. We left her there for 20 mins and I went and checked back and the child carer had walked off next door into the health club, I think she was working in both areas. That was the last time my daughter attended the kids club. The hotel is nice, but I found it closes its eyes to certain important elements in a good resort. There is no pool bar to swim to, but a bar you can walk out too in the childrens area. I found this hotel attracted alot of "ugly australians" that were very rude to the thai staff and have no idea or respect for other cultures. I would not stay here again, for the money I expected more class. No fruit or flowers in rooms

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled with family
2  Thank lhayon
Reviewed April 15, 2010

Simply the best - could not fault this resort or the wonderful staff in any way. Rooms and grounds were wonderful and clean. Breakfast was the best - plenty of variety. Great views from anywhere in the grounds. Balcony with a view of Andaman Sea. Photos on this website is exactly what you will get - definitely a 5 star resort. All staff were very friendly and could not do enough for you. Room service food was very good - the gym facilities were very good. Plenty of daytime activities happening at the resort. I did the Thai cooking class and the food was great. Will definitely be back to stay.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank gvp10
Reviewed April 14, 2010

Stayed 5 nights at this hotel. Staff were very friendly and all provided excellent service, hotel well located to main Patong beach area, rooms were very clean and we had a great view of the beach from our room. All the services the hotel supplied where well priced, enjoyed the brekkie, and the restaurants at night. i could recommend this property more highly, we had a fantastic stay here.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank GVajda
Reviewed April 11, 2010

Great Hotel, nice rooms, good location easy walk to the centre of Patong and on a hill so it has a great view. Buffet Breakfast is fantastic. My only advise would be that the drinks are expensive but you can buy your beer at the 7/11 accross the road or cheap beers accross the road on the beach.

• Stayed: March 2008, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Fire2222
Reviewed April 9, 2010

We were on our honeymoon and booked the hotel room through emails with the Reservation Manager as their website didn't offer honeymoon packages. Our deal wasn't fantastic but was at a reasonable price. We chose to stay further out from central Patong and Bangla Street to avoid noise and interruption especially at night. However, the hotel was still close enough to walk there and back if we wanted. We hired a scooter and travelled like the locals for one day and rode further north and south where we couldn't walk . Novotel offered free car parking and led straight onto the north hill's motorway avoiding all traffic. The hotel was right on the edge of the beach and was close enough to shops and restaurants. The room was exactly how they described it. It was clean and spacious. We booked a seaview room so the view of the beach was fantastic. Sunset was not much to see as it was cloudy every evening. Most of the staff was friendly and helpful. Some of the restaurant staff did not know English and were quite rude when approached. Breakfast at the hotel was awesome. Never seen such a big range of food and there was even a chef every morning to make your own personal omelet. On the second day we found that staircase next to the security guard led straight up to the hotel and was much more convenient than walking up the driveway. The hotel also offers free bus service to the Jungceylon (the central shopping centre) and back. The taxi company located at the hotel was great. We could haggle with the supervisor (Ken) for some things which turned out much cheaper than tuk tuk rides and had air conditioning. Ken even suggested to book a taxi to Phuket Town to visit the night markets (Sat and Sun only from 4pm) where the locals go shopping and is therefore 1/3 of the price of Patong markets even before bargaining!

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled as a couple
5  Thank StarRocket
Reviewed April 9, 2010

My husband and I and 2 children (7yrs & 9yrs) have just returned from 12 days at the Novotel. From the moment we arrived to check in the staff were very professional and friendly. Even though their English was very limited it hardly posed a problem and check in went smoothly! We arrived at the hotel just prior to 9am and had requested Inter-connecting rooms. Even though check in is not til 2pm they had one of our rooms ready for use immediately! I think as far as the language barrier goes we all need to be a little understanding of eachother as we always managed to make ourselves understood through the use of lots of smiles and hand gestures........especially my kids!
Both our rooms were very spacious and clean. Both had a great view of the beach!
Each day they were cleaned very quickly and we never had a problem with cleanliness or smells that other have mentioned.
Our kids both did selected activities at the kids club and thoroughly enjoyed them. These activities were at an additional cost but it was a small price to pay. My husband and I did not once try and herd them off to KC....they enrolled themselves in these activities which I thought was great. As my kids are not toddlers or babies I didn't have a need to use the KC room which from the looks of things was small but I never saw an unhappy kid in there.
We also used a hotel babysitter. We hired a DVD player and the kids watched some of our DVD's that we had purchased. It's the lady's that clean the room that double as the babysitters so the kids felt like they knew her and were comfortable. This cost 150baht per hour per kid........so based on current exchange rates that's just over $10 an hour for both kids.
Breakfast was an absolute treat. Each morning I promised myself that I would not eat as much as the previous morning but of course that never happened. You name it they have it!! Kids thought it was heaven on earth!! The stairs are your friend after that breakfast!!
The decor is obviously Thai inspired and yes if you want to get picky is a little tired and in need of a little TLC but seriously if you have time to pick on that then you have too much time on your hands!!! The lobby is a real gem with spectacular views over Patong.
The 3 tiered swimming pool is also a real treat for the kids. It also has fabulous views over Patong. On a couple of days the middle pool water was a little milky( as mentioned in other TA reviews) but the staff were very aware of this and doing all in their power to rectify! We still spent plently of time in there milky or not!
Don't take beach towels as you can sign fresh beach towels out daily. They ask that you use them only by the pool but we regularly took them down the beach and on our day to Phi Phi! They didn't seem phased by this as long as they get returned by 7pm each evening!
The other thing about the pool was that it never seemed to be busy even though the hotel was supposedly booked out!! We never had a problem with getting a sun bed at any time of the day.....
Other than breaky we only had dinner in the hotel one night. It was very pleasant and relaxing. Food was great and very reasonable. From memory it was 1980baht ($68 AUS) for the 4 of us. If you book in for dinner before 10:30am they offer a 2 for 1 deal so it would be really cheap then. The night we used it was a spur of the moment choice as kids were exhausted and couldn't be bothered moving!
We used room service and poolside service on a daily basis and never had to wait more than 15 mins for food to arrive........In fact it was usually no more than 10mins!!
Most nights we would have a few drinks at happy hour on our way out at the pool bar and these were very reasonable.... I think happy hour price was about 110baht for a Pina Colada and same for a mocktail for the kids!
Now to the stairs that EVERYONE talks about!! Yes there are stairs and many of them in certain areas. This did not pose a problem to any member of my family. Of an evening we would use the shuttle service to return to reception other that than we walked every where.........Kids ran up and down the stairs several times a day without complaint. It could prove difficult for some elderly people or those with babies or toddlers in prams but I always saw staff who were willing to help with prams etc....I personally believe that the stairs should be compulsory after the breakfast!!
As for the Health Club / Gym - We used this every second day. It's basic but had everything that you would need to complete a workout. 3 treadmills, stationary bikes, stepper, rowing machine as well as free weights and assisted weights!! Best part was that it was air conditioned!!. I didn't do any of the classes so cannot comment!! Don't get me wrong........I am no fitness nut...just wanted to keep some training up as I was eating like a horse!! .........and was guilty about the cocktail consumption!!!
Location was great for us.........I didn't want to be in the thick of things with the kids. It was a 15 minute stroll with the kids to Bangla and 2-5 mins to beach, ATM's, restaurants etc..
In summary we had a very memorable holiday and I would definately return to the Novotel in the future. I have travelled the world both 5 star and backpacking and I believe that the Novotel is great value for money!! It has all the facilities with a 4 star price. You get what you pay for and whilst it is by no means the flashest hotel on the block it represents great value for money!! Kids were happy, therefore we were happy!!
Staff were gorgeous and could not do enough to make our stay a happy one!! Even came home one night to find a birthday cake in the room for me!! This was a complete surprise as my husband had not pre arranged this!
Please feel free to message me with any questions and I will answer to the best of my knowledge!!
Happy Holidays!
MMIJ

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled with family
10  Thank mmij
Also consider these accommodations in or near Patong
Novotel Phuket Vintage Park
Amari Phuket
Amari Phuket
#2 of 334 in Patong
Holiday Inn Resort Phuket

Been to Novotel Phuket Resort? Share your experiences!