We had spent 2 months planning for the holiday in Phuket and buoy… this was so worth it. After scanning through various hotels and reviews on the net, we settled for the Novotel Phuket Resort at Patong Beach ! As we were travelling with family, we wanted to stay in an area that will offer us privacy, at the same time, it will be close to the happening places.
We had almost finalised Phuket Beach Resort, but looking at the closeness to Bangla Road and with a desire to ‘shield’ little ones with us from happenings there, we settled in for Novotel. After negotiating with the Reservations, we finally got a good deal for a 4 night stay. It was turning out to be expensive to ask the hotel to provide a pick up from Airport and we took help of www.phuketshuttle.com. As promised by Phuket Shuttle, a person was standing on our arrival at the airport and the charges were reasonable too. Overall, it was the pleasant first impression. It took about 45 minutes to reach the hotel from Airport.
The Novotel Phuket Resort is situated at one end of the Patong Beach. A Family Mart, Pharmacy and ATM is just across the road from the main gate. One can also catch a Tuk Tuk to the market area at the hotel gate which charges 200 bhats for drop to Jung Ceylon Mall / Bangla Road (10 minutes’ drive), where all the happening joints are located. We got good Indian Food near Jung Ceylon Mall.
Hotel is located in a picturesque location. One can have a view of the Andaman Sea from the Lobby Area. The lobby also has a desk which can help you plan the tours. But it is worth to walk down a little and get good deals from travel agents on Patong Beach road, where one can bargain discounts. There is a shuttle available on demand from Lobby Area to the main gate and at predetermined time from Lobby area to Jung Ceylon Mall.
We were given 3 Family Rooms (overlooking garden area), which were nearby. The rooms were quite spacious with bunk beds for kids and even with this combination had a lot of space to stretch. The room had a nice sit out. The bath area was also big enough with sufficient toiletries. Even though bath tub was missing from the bathrooms, we hardly missed it. The room was equipped with a refrigerator, tea/coffee maker, ironing stand and other routine stuff.
Being a resort, one should be ready to walk a little (2-3 mins) for going to lobby area/breakfast area/gym and swimming pool. It also had a small toddler’s area. The hotel has 3 swimming pools, which are well maintained. One can get towels at the level 2 pool and need to return it. Breakfast counter was nicely arranged and had a good spread. It also had a choice for Indian vegetarian people and that was a major relief. Tasty fresh fruits are the best bet in Thailand.
The best part of the hotel is the service. The staff was very cordial and responsive. They were pleasant and quick to address the requirements. I could not stop comparing the indifferent and pathetic staff that we had to deal with at Park Hyatt Resort at Goa during our visit last year.
Overall, if you are travelling with kids as well as elderly people, this place is the best bet, if you are looking for something below 4000 Bhat per night stay. I would definitely like to stay again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Novotel Phuket is a 4 star hotel tucked into a small hillside above the pristine waters of Kalim Bay, within easy reach of the exciting nightlife and shopping of nearby Patong. Enjoy a unique holiday at our resort, which features Thai architecture and is surrounded by 8 acres of lush tropical gardens. The hotel boasts a three tiered swimming pool, Thai massage centre and Kids Club, plus two bars and three restaurants for you to enjoy. The perfect destination for that dream tropical getaway. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Orbitz, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA and Cancelon so you can book your Novotel Phuket Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Novotel Phuket Hotel Patong
- Novotel Hotel Phuket
- Novotel Resort Phuket
- Novotel Patong
- Patong Novotel
- Novotel Phuket Resort Patong