We came to Novotel Phuket on a deals.com voucher & after reading some negative reviews we were a little fearful of what our 1st overseas family holiday would entail.
From the moment we arrived at the Novotel, we were greeted by the manager and 2 of the most friendly & helpful staff members both dressed in traditional Thai clothes. We were given a cold refreshing drink and a cold towel on arrival and the kids were given a gorgeous gift also.
We were then escorted to our room. 226- wow! We were extremely spoilt . A huge king size bed & bunk beds for our 5 & 3 year olds. The bathroom was lovely with a bath included. We had a huge balcony overlooking Patong & Kalim beaches. The rooms were kept spotless everyday by the sweetest housekeeping staff. Complimentary bottles of water were included daily also. The air-conditioning was a lovely reprieve from the heat of the Thailand evenings.
The resort had 3 large pools. With lots of sun lounges & umbrellas. The bottom one was perfect for kids with lots of pool toys, volleyball net & basketball rings. It was close to the bar where you could get drinks all day & light meals were also served here also. The 2nd level had a hotdog/ pancake making station & the pool hut with free towels.
We had lovely traditional Thai massages at the resort & the sweetest man "Natapol" cared for the kids in the kids club. My son who is 5 adored "Nat" !
The tour manager Rid was knowledgable and helpful about day trips & local shopping and restaurants. The staff were unbelievably friendly and always greeted us with with a smile & a bow and the kids loved the salute from the security staff!
We could not fault anything Novotel Phuket had to offer us. We had the best holiday there & will definitely be returning.
The resort is nestled up on a hill and is removed from the noise and the hustle and bustle of Patong. The resort offers a 24hr shuttle service from the lobby to the hotel entrance at the bottom of the hill where there are a number of TUKTUKS waiting for you to explore the city for 200baht ($7 Aus) All TUKTUK drivers in town know "Novotel up the hill"
Most of the negative reviews were about the number of stairs at the resort. Yes, there are lots of stairs, but for the luxury of the peace & quiet & the magnificent view the stairs are well worth it. Plus, it's a great way to work off all the delicious Thai food!
The coffee club restaurant had the most extensive buffet breakfast and dinners were a different theme every night. They were lovely and even included a fresh cooking station outside.
We could not fault the Novotel facility, staff or food. We had the best holiday there and will definitely be returning. Thanks Julien and team. You made our trip fantastic.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Novotel Phuket is a 4 star hotel tucked into a small hillside above the pristine waters of Kalim Bay, within easy reach of the exciting nightlife and shopping of nearby Patong. Enjoy a unique holiday at our resort, which features Thai architecture and is surrounded by 8 acres of lush tropical gardens. The hotel boasts a three tiered swimming pool, Thai massage centre and Kids Club, plus two bars and three restaurants for you to enjoy. The perfect destination for that dream tropical getaway. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Ctrip TA, Orbitz, Agoda, Booking.com, Hotels.com, ACCOR, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets and getaroom.com so you can book your Novotel Phuket Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Novotel Phuket Hotel Patong
- Novotel Hotel Phuket
- Novotel Resort Phuket
- Novotel Patong
- Patong Novotel
- Novotel Phuket Resort Patong