My partner stayed at the Novotel in Oct and was pleased with the resort and it's location. Although the resort is located away from the main shopping areas there are tuk tuks always parked outside the main entrance that will take you anywhere you need to go as well as a shuttle bus that runs trips to Jung Ceylon - a main shopping centre filled with shops that have proper branded goods. The 3 tier pool connected by waterfalls at the resort was an attractive addition and we utilised all 3, having a bar by the lower pool as well as a spa made the hot days more enjoyable also. We were lucky enough to have a meal in the Thai restaurant before it closed for renovations and the food was of a good standard, very enjoyable and full of flavour. The restaurant where we had breakfast was inviting, it was nice to sit outside on the balcony & enjoy the view of the Andaman Sea. Although the food was cooked well and tasted good the variety and selections on offer was a bit ordinary - the restaurant offered special nights of a different culture and we shared in both the Swiss and the Seafood buffets, although the food was nice the Swiss night was just a nice roast dinner and did not offer anything different. The seafood buffet was also slightly disappointing - not a lot of variety on offer unfortunately and what was there seemed to be small servings, one thing missing - for me anyway was oysters, something every seafood buffet should have. Simon- The F&B manager was very welcoming & hospitable, he made a point of talking to everyone which was noticed as a highlight, he had only recently started when we stayed so hopefully he can introduce new flavours and more variety to the menu, overall thought the food was of good quality.
Our room was comfortable, the Thai touches to the room were nice too. I liked the bathrobes so much that I bought ne as a souvenir : ) I would have liked to have had a bath in the room as I love my soaks but other than that it was a good room.The openness of the foyer & main entrance was refreshing & very appealing. All the staff were warm, welcoming & very helpful, the security guard at the main entrance - Manasae was very efficient, professional and welcoming, both my partner & I work in the security industry so we were very impressed with the efficiency of the guards.
Overall our stay was a good first visit to Phuket & we enjoyed our time there, thank you to all staff for making our trip memorable.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Novotel Phuket is a 4 star hotel tucked into a small hillside above the pristine waters of Kalim Bay, within easy reach of the exciting nightlife and shopping of nearby Patong. Enjoy a unique holiday at our resort, which features Thai architecture and is surrounded by 8 acres of lush tropical gardens. The hotel boasts a three tiered swimming pool, Thai massage centre and Kids Club, plus two bars and three restaurants for you to enjoy. The perfect destination for that dream tropical getaway. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with ACCOR, Booking.com, Hotels.com, HotelTravel.com, Agoda, Hotwire, Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, Odigeo and Cancelon so you can book your Novotel Phuket Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Novotel Phuket Hotel Patong
- Novotel Hotel Phuket
- Novotel Resort Phuket
- Novotel Patong
- Patong Novotel
- Novotel Phuket Resort Patong