“Amazing views over Patong...great family hotel.”

Novotel Phuket Resort
Ranked #10 of 328 Hotels in Patong
Reviewed July 20, 2013

Had a great 2weeks with 10 & 12 year olds in interconnecting rooms. Our booked superior seaview interconnecting rooms were unavailable so the hotel were happy to upgrade us to a deluxe interconnecting after our first 2 nites in non interconnecting to accommodate our booking. Fantastic staff lovely and friendly. Gorgeous 3 tiered pools with waterfalls all with amazing views over the bay. Pool bar over looks the beach but has no atmosphere... Really need some music playing even an in pool bar extension to liven it up... Not that we were too bothered but compared to other hotels we noticed the Novotel could have increased their bar revenue by expanding the snack menu, having a non alcoholic slushy machine for the kids and adding poolside atmosphere to increase sales.
The hotel is high with the free shuttle up the driveway a welcome respite after a hot walk. If you are mobility challenged it would be a challenge to stay here with all the steps and steep driveways.
Breakfast buffet amazing and well worth the money as the hotel is quite secluded if you needed to find breakfast elsewhere. Couple of good restaurant out front, Baan Kalim a great western and Thai one with fresh seafood on ice out front and you can watch the chefs in action. Number 9 restaurant around the corner is cheaper with a street scene and amazing food. Get there early as it fills up fast ... We also saw them providing takeaway if you need a nite in. The top 3 restaurants, joes downstairs, da Maurizio ( delicious Italian for a special nite) and Baan Rim Pa and just opposite with amazing Oceanside position you can feel the sea spray! Just expect to pay Aussie prices!
Mol's laundry straight left on a side street from the main entry is a gem with a kilo of laundry washed, dried and folded for 50 baht ($2)She is lovely too so tip!
The hotel's free shuttle to Jungceylon is worth it and we utilised it a lot...just make sure you book. A tuk tuk will cost you 200baht for the same trip ($8).
All rooms had a DVD player which was handy to try purchases, also the room cleaners were amazing and worked in with our holiday routines... Lovely.
This was our second stay here last time on our honeymoon and we will return!

Room Tip: Superior seaview rooms are higher with amazing sea views! Just expect to walk the extra distance up...
4  Thank MichAvalon
NovotelPhuket, General Manager at Novotel Phuket Resort, responded to this reviewResponded July 27, 2013

Dera MichCoolup,
Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review of your recent stay with us. I am glad to hear that you had enjoyed your stay with us and also the to hear your suggestions with regards to items offered at the pool bar. My team and I will definitely have a look at this and see what we can add to make the children's stay around the pool a much fun one.
I have shared also your comments with our Housekeeping Team who were delighted to hear your comments. This serves as a great motivation to them.
We all look forward to having you back with us in the near future.

There are newer reviews for Novotel Phuket Resort

Reviewed July 20, 2013

On arrival we noticed a lot of renovation work been done, up at the back of the hotel,with quite a bit of noise so asked at reception if we could be moved we where to a fantastic room with sea view. Every member of staff from porters to housekeeping are always pleasant and greet you with a friendly hello . Location wise it just far enough so you can walk everywhere and just away from all the noise and hustle and bushel .. I would defiantly stop here again

Dear MrsB146,
Thank you very much for taking the time to write about your stay with us.
Our location is one of our strongest points, being far away from the hustle and bustle of the center of Patong so that you would get to enjoy your privacy, but at the same time, still close enough to everything there that you can even just walk to the center.
My team and I look forward to your next stay with us.

Reviewed July 19, 2013

Rooms were nice and staff polite enough for a big hotel. Food and drinks were expensive but normal for 4 star hotel. The pool was good and the view was awesome as we had a room overlooking the beach. I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Gummyhkbri

Dear Gummyhkbri,
Thank you very much for your review of our resort. Happy to hear that you had enjoyed your stay with us.
We look forward to having you back with us soon.

Reviewed July 15, 2013

My husband and I and friend stayed here in june this year, checking in was a breeze with friendly staff (michael) and porters. The views out to sea from the hotel are lovely. The bed was real hard so they put a softer mattress on the bed for me no problem at all. The breakfast was only average so thats why we didnt bother with the buffet dinners that they had on offer each night. I did order a beef burger from room service on my last night and was ill the next day flying home. The pools are nice and the rooms are very good. I was saddened at the state of the beach across the road, it is very polluted and a dirty sewer drain runs directly into the ocean! There is rubbish all along the high tide line and loads of plastic trapped in amongst the rocks. We visited kata beach for the day and that was alot cleaner.If coming to phuket I would stay at kata beach as it is quieter and cleaner, we have stayed in kata beach twice now and definately prefer it over patong. Both the metadee and the centara are excellent choices in kata beach, see my reviews on them if that helps.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank WhakataneKiwi123

Dear WhakataneKiwi123,
Thank you very much for taking the time to write about your stay with us. I have shared your comments with team and steps are being taken to ensure that the areas that you have pointed out, are improved.
On your comments about the beach area in front of the hotel, Patong Beach is the most popular and has the highest traffic of tourist as compared to any other areas on the island. And it is a public beach which is under the care of the local authority. It is being looked after regularly (daily) steps are being taken by the authority, with the cooperation of private sectors in the area to improve. As a matter of fact, a group of Patong hotels recently organized a beach clean up activity where all participating hotels send a team of employees to assist in the cleaning of the beach area. Of course, there are more things that can be done and both the authority and all the private sectors in the area are cooperating to ensure that Patong remains as the favorable beach on the island.
I hope that you will notice the difference that Patong beach will have on your next visit to the island, where we at the Novotel Phuket Resort, will be waiting to welcome you back.

Reviewed July 14, 2013

The General Manager of the Novotel Patong is brilliant!. He is a true professional, greating guests personally, ensuring that the staff looked after everyones needs.
The Accor group should make sure they keep him as part of their company, im sure other resort operators would love to have him on their team.
We stayed 8 nights, in room 411 and found the resort to exceed expectations. Im our view this is a five not four star hotel.
The food, location and staff were all perfect!
We will be staying here again!

Room Tip: Room 411 - great view, easy access to main building

Dear ScottNu,
Thank you very much for your kind words but I owe it all to my team. They are the ones that put in all the effort and hard work to ensure that your stay with us was an enjoyable one.
My team and I look forward to having you back with us soon.

Reviewed July 13, 2013

I stayed at this hotel recently and can thoroughly recomend it. I would definitely stay here again as the staff are very pleasant and friendly and keen to please. The views are amazing and although I was worried about reports of lots of stairs- they make it easy to get to the beach with shuttles that take you and pick you up as soon as you want to go. The position is great as it is a little away from main Patong strip but close enough to walk. Beach is lovely and food great. I am planning to come back next year! Amanda K

1  Thank TravellerDownSouth
NovotelPhuket, General Manager at Novotel Phuket Resort, responded to this reviewResponded July 15, 2013

Dear TravellerDownSouth,
Thank you very much for your positive review of your stay with us. The view that you get from our resort as comparable to none in Patong. The sunset is just amazing and I am glad that you had the opportunity to experience that while you were here.
My team and I look forward to welcoming you back to the resort soon. Please do not hesitate to let us know of your next trip.

Reviewed July 13, 2013 via mobile

Best staff I have ever come across !!! Stayed in a suite room, could not of asked for a better view, outstanding!!! Buffet breakfast and dinners were well worth the money. If I return to Phuket I will defineatly be staying at Novotel again.

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank Elledr

Dear Elledr,
Thank you very much for taking the time to write about your experience with us. Truly happy to hear that you had enjoyed your stay with us.
Do let us know when you have decided on the dates of your next trip. My team and I are looking forward to welcome you back to the Novotel Phuket Resort.