Had a great 2weeks with 10 & 12 year olds in interconnecting rooms. Our booked superior seaview interconnecting rooms were unavailable so the hotel were happy to upgrade us to a deluxe interconnecting after our first 2 nites in non interconnecting to accommodate our booking. Fantastic staff lovely and friendly. Gorgeous 3 tiered pools with waterfalls all with amazing views over the bay. Pool bar over looks the beach but has no atmosphere... Really need some music playing even an in pool bar extension to liven it up... Not that we were too bothered but compared to other hotels we noticed the Novotel could have increased their bar revenue by expanding the snack menu, having a non alcoholic slushy machine for the kids and adding poolside atmosphere to increase sales.
The hotel is high with the free shuttle up the driveway a welcome respite after a hot walk. If you are mobility challenged it would be a challenge to stay here with all the steps and steep driveways.
Breakfast buffet amazing and well worth the money as the hotel is quite secluded if you needed to find breakfast elsewhere. Couple of good restaurant out front, Baan Kalim a great western and Thai one with fresh seafood on ice out front and you can watch the chefs in action. Number 9 restaurant around the corner is cheaper with a street scene and amazing food. Get there early as it fills up fast ... We also saw them providing takeaway if you need a nite in. The top 3 restaurants, joes downstairs, da Maurizio ( delicious Italian for a special nite) and Baan Rim Pa and just opposite with amazing Oceanside position you can feel the sea spray! Just expect to pay Aussie prices!
Mol's laundry straight left on a side street from the main entry is a gem with a kilo of laundry washed, dried and folded for 50 baht ($2)She is lovely too so tip!
The hotel's free shuttle to Jungceylon is worth it and we utilised it a lot...just make sure you book. A tuk tuk will cost you 200baht for the same trip ($8).
All rooms had a DVD player which was handy to try purchases, also the room cleaners were amazing and worked in with our holiday routines... Lovely.
This was our second stay here last time on our honeymoon and we will return!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Novotel Phuket is a 4 star hotel tucked into a small hillside above the pristine waters of Kalim Bay, within easy reach of the exciting nightlife and shopping of nearby Patong. Enjoy a unique holiday at our resort, which features Thai architecture and is surrounded by 8 acres of lush tropical gardens. The hotel boasts a three tiered swimming pool, Thai massage centre and Kids Club, plus two bars and three restaurants for you to enjoy. The perfect destination for that dream tropical getaway. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Cancelon, Hotwire, getaroom.com, Cheap Tickets, HotelQuickly and TripOnline SA so you can book your Novotel Phuket Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Novotel Phuket Hotel Patong
- Novotel Hotel Phuket
- Novotel Resort Phuket
- Novotel Patong
- Patong Novotel
- Novotel Phuket Resort Patong