“Lovely relaxing break”

Novotel Phuket Resort
Ranked #10 of 329 Hotels in Patong
Reviewed July 13, 2013

I stayed at this hotel recently and can thoroughly recomend it. I would definitely stay here again as the staff are very pleasant and friendly and keen to please. The views are amazing and although I was worried about reports of lots of stairs- they make it easy to get to the beach with shuttles that take you and pick you up as soon as you want to go. The position is great as it is a little away from main Patong strip but close enough to walk. Beach is lovely and food great. I am planning to come back next year! Amanda K

1  Thank TravellerDownSouth
NovotelPhuket, General Manager at Novotel Phuket Resort, responded to this reviewResponded July 15, 2013

Dear TravellerDownSouth,
Thank you very much for your positive review of your stay with us. The view that you get from our resort as comparable to none in Patong. The sunset is just amazing and I am glad that you had the opportunity to experience that while you were here.
My team and I look forward to welcoming you back to the resort soon. Please do not hesitate to let us know of your next trip.

Reviewed July 13, 2013 via mobile

Best staff I have ever come across !!! Stayed in a suite room, could not of asked for a better view, outstanding!!! Buffet breakfast and dinners were well worth the money. If I return to Phuket I will defineatly be staying at Novotel again.

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank Elledr

Dear Elledr,
Thank you very much for taking the time to write about your experience with us. Truly happy to hear that you had enjoyed your stay with us.
Do let us know when you have decided on the dates of your next trip. My team and I are looking forward to welcome you back to the Novotel Phuket Resort.

Reviewed July 11, 2013

I recently stayed at the Novotel Phuket Resort with my husband and two daughters. We arrived about 9pm and were promptly checked in and personally shown to our room by the lady on reception. We stayed in room 821 and the view was outstanding. Our room was on the top floor and had an unobstructed view of the ocean. The building we were in had a lift, so we didn't have to use the stairs - which was a relief after the walk up the hill in the heat - although my kids still found the energy to run up the stairs each time.The view was great to wake up to each morning. We sat on the balcony and had coffee each morning (except for the few days of rain we had), while taking in the fantastic view. We never had to wait longer than a couple of minutes for the shuttle up and down the hill. The beds are extremely hard, which we put up with for the first two nights. I then called housekeeping and they put something softer on the beds for us. Still hard, but heaps better than they originally were. As part of our package through deals.com.au we had the daily buffet breakfast included. The buffet was extensive and you were spoilt for choice. A number of western foods, along with some more local choices. We also had two dinner buffets included. We chose the seafood buffet and the Italian night at the Coffee House. Just one word of warning - coming from Australia you expect fresh prawns on a seafood buffet, they didn't have them. My daughters loved the Italian buffet - plenty of pasta. Our package also included 8 half hour massages, which were thoroughly enjoyable. The included cocktails were a little disappointing - didn't taste like there was much alcohol in them at all. Rooms were clean and tidy. There was a lose rail on the balcony, which might cause issues for people with small children. The balcony rails could do with a paint and some general maintenance. There are three gorgeous pools with waterfalls. My girls enjoyed the volleyball net and basketball hoop in the lower pool each day - they even had scheduled pool games daily that they could join in on. The pool area could also do with some maintenance - I noticed quite a few lose tiles with some sharp edges. The only bad thing that I can say about the resort was the service when we checked out. The day before we left we had ordered a mini-van through the hotel to come and collect us at 7:15am. We waited and waited and it didn't show up. In the end they got a local taxi for us after 45 minutes of waiting. We had ordered the mini-van for 1390 baht, as we were travelling with four suitcases which wouldn't fit in the boot of a sedan. I ended up with one on my lap (we had this issue on the way to the hotel with the included transfer, which was why I had ordered a larger vehicle). The hotel staff were apologetic about the mix up and refunded us for the mini-van, but it did put a bit of a sour note on the end of our trip. All in all the Novetel Phuket Resort provides great value for money, friendly staff and I would recommend it. It on the northern end of Patong Beach and is like a quiet oasis after the madness of Patong Beach.

Room Tip: High floor up the hill provides an awesome view. We were on the top floor in room 821.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank LKoina
NovotelPhuket, General Manager at Novotel Phuket Resort, responded to this reviewResponded July 27, 2013

Dear LKoina,
Thank you very much for a very detailed review of your recent stay with us. I am delighted to hear that you had enjoyed your stay with us, but at the same time concerned about the issues that you had. I was informed of the incident regarding the airport transfer on the day of your departure and have taken this issue up with the outsourced company that we are using for our transportation service. I am happy to say, that as a result of that, we have engaged another company as addition to the current one that we have. This would provide us a back-up should there be a similar issue again, although the current one have expressed their regret of the incident and have guaranteed that the same incident will not happen again.
I also acknowledge your other comments with regards to our Food and Beverage products and services and also with regards to the condition of the rooms. Please rest assured that these issues have been looked at and actioned upon.
I look forward to having you and your family back with us in the near future.

Reviewed July 10, 2013

The Novotel Resort Patong is a beautiful hotel set on a hill side overlooking patong bay. Close enough to main shopping area and night life to walk, but far enough away to relax and enjoy some quiet time. We had a deluxe room overlooking the bay... Was very spacious and clean. Breakfast buffet was lavish! Staff friendly however we were surprised at the lack of English spoken and understood for such a flash hotel. In saying that, there was always someone at the front desk who could answer all questions. Tipping 50 - 100 baht for good service is recommended.

• Stayed: July 2013
3  Thank AussieNeddy

Dear AussieNeddy,
Thank you very much for your kind words with regards to your recent stay with us. Our location is one of our strongest points, close enough to all the life of Patong, yet still far enough to give you the chance to relax and enjoy some quiet time while taking in the beautiful view of the ocean.
We look forward to welcome you back to the Novotel Phuket Resort on your next trip to Phuket.

Reviewed July 7, 2013

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
3  Thank WLSN74
NovotelPhuket, General Manager at Novotel Phuket Resort, responded to this reviewResponded July 9, 2013

Reviewed July 6, 2013

I travelled to Thailand with my husband and two children (ages 11 months and 5 years). The night before we left I was reading some reviews and began to feel sick that I had made the wrong choice in my accommodation. So many of the reviews had negative comments. Well I must say that my experience was FANTASTIC!! We arrived on 25th June 2013 and arrived at the hotel around 12.30pm. We were able to get an early check in. We stayed in an inter-connecting Seaview room (rooms 520 & 521). I had asked for two single beds in one room to accommodate the two kids. Upon arrival, there were 2 king beds. I mentioned this to reception and within an hour, it was changed with no dramas. My in-laws were next to our room which was great as they were close by. The rooms themselves were up teo flights of stairs. We had a pram and managed no worries. The exercise was good! The rooms were extremely clean and they had been renovated which was nice. The staff were fantastic and so friendly, especially with our two children. All meals we had (buffet, pool side and room service) were good and we could not complain about any of it. As the Novotel we stayed at was on the hill, it was nice to be a little bit away from the main strip. It cost us 200 baht each way into the shops or we could walk along the beach which took us around 15-20 mins which was a nice walk. The pools and surrounds were very clean. The bell boys were also fantastic with the kids, even allowing my 5 year old to sit in the front seat of the bus (which went from the entrance to the lobby) and of course he LOVED it. There is a 7/11 about 50 metres away and a family mart just across the road. We had no issues with WiFi in our room and the tv channels were very clear. The window coverings were heavy and blocked out the sunlight which was great when getting our 11 month old to sleep during the day and night.The cleaning staff were great and they made our room up every day. I would stay again at the Novotel and would highly recommend staying there. We stayed for 10 nights and would have been happy to stay longer. I couldn't find anything at all negative to write about our accommodation or experience. All staff were wonderful and made our trip a great one to remember!!!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
11  Thank Belinda M

Dear Belinda M,
Thank you very much for your positive comments regarding your stay with us recently. Trusting your judgement in the decision to stay with us proved to be the right one and I am happy to hear that my team did their part in making your vacation to Phuket a wonderful one.
I hope that you will choose to stay with us again on your next trip to Phuket. My team and I are all looking forward to welcome you back to your "home" in Phuket.

Reviewed July 6, 2013

Check in was quick and easy and staff were very friendly. Rooms were newly renovated and pleasant to stay in for 10 nights. Very clean and fresh. We had a superior ocean view room and it was exactly that! Buffet breakfast every day was beautiful. 3 gorgeous pools to choose from.
Only down side, lots of steep stairs to move around the resort and rain coming in under the balcony door during a downpour. Renovations in another wing caused a bit of machinery noise during the day. Other than that, perfect for a family and will definitely go back again.

Room Tip: Superior ocean view rooms in Eglantine wing are excellent.
4  Thank Lisa C

Dear Lisa C,
My team and I are truly delighted to hear that you had an enjoyable stay with us. And thank you for your understanding of the situation surrounding the resort during your stay.
We hope to welcome you back in our resort again in the future.

Shafar Jamaludin | General Manager

Also consider these accommodations in or near Patong
Novotel Phuket Vintage Park
Grand Mercure Phuket Patong
BYD Lofts Boutique Hotel & Serviced Apartments
Holiday Inn Express Phuket Patong Beach Central
Novotel Phuket Karon Beach Resort & Spa
Amari Phuket
Amari Phuket
#2 of 329 in Patong

Been to Novotel Phuket Resort? Share your experiences!