After over 30 visits to Penang Malaysia we discovered Phuket and the Novotel Beach Resort.
From checkin the wonderful experience happened with cold towels and a cold drink and beinging escorted to our room for the next 18 nights by the front desk lady.
The room was great and we had the most wonderful view of the bay from our large balcony. The mattress was very good and we would have loved to be able to take it home with us because it was just so comfortable.
All the staff are just the best ever and from the gardener to the front office they all talk and get to know you after the second or third day. There is one special mention for our room lady Pakasorn who always went out of her way to help.
On day 2 a vase with orchids arrived and were then changed every 2 or 3 days and the ice bucket was always refilled with fresh ice for the JD every day.
The pools were always inviting and we never had a problem getting the sun lounges and towels each morning.
The gardens around the hotel are magnificent and always being looked after.
There was never a problem with the hill from the road to reception as the bell boys were always happy to help with the shuttle up or down.
Had one experience that I don't know how... It was my Birthday and I know that Hotels always photocopy the passports but this night we decided to eat in and go to the BBQ buffet. We did not book and just walked in. Halfway through our meal 3 of the wait staff walked up to the table with a cake and candles and sang Happy Birhday. My wife swears she had said nothing..
We did get to meet Mr Choo the owner of the Novotel hotels in Patong and he invited us to the guest cocktail party and he personally delivered the invite to our room. At the party we met senior staff and Shafar the general manager who is a very nice GM.
I do have one very small complaint the baked beans at breakfast are peanuts in tomato sauce and this could be a problem with someone with a peanut allergy..
So after 18 nights at the Novotel yes we will be back and have now forgotten about Penang.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Novotel Phuket is a 4 star hotel tucked into a small hillside above the pristine waters of Kalim Bay, within easy reach of the exciting nightlife and shopping of nearby Patong. Enjoy a unique holiday at our resort, which features Thai architecture and is surrounded by 8 acres of lush tropical gardens. The hotel boasts a three tiered swimming pool, Thai massage centre and Kids Club, plus two bars and three restaurants for you to enjoy. The perfect destination for that dream tropical getaway. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Expedia, ACCOR, Hotels.com and Travelocity so you can book your Novotel Phuket Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Novotel Phuket Hotel Patong
- Novotel Hotel Phuket
- Novotel Resort Phuket
- Novotel Patong
- Patong Novotel
- Novotel Phuket Resort Patong