Novotel Phuket Resort
$105
$121
$92
Agoda.com
The Bliss South Beach Paton(Patong)(Great Value!)
$67
$74
$59
$95
Marriott Hotels
The Charm Resort Phuket(Patong)(Great Value!)
$76
$62
Agoda.com
3,300 results
All reviewscoffee housepatong beachsea viewfree shuttlemiddle poolshuttle servicetuk tukthai restaurantseafood buffetandaman seaflights of stairssecurity staffthe north endsteep hilltour deskpools are greatspecial thanks
Reviewed February 4, 2013

Arrival/Checking In:
My expectations are never sky-high at any hotel. But Novotel Phuket in short blew them completely. Arrival and check-in at the resort was smooth and welcoming. Checking in and being greeted by hospitable staff and a cooling refreshing punch given to you enhanced my already big smile from my unbelieveable first impression on the resort.

Location:
Situated on a stunning hill overlooking the Andaman Sea- in the quieter part of Patong, the resort's location is perfect in being situated away from the hustle and bustle of 'party-central' yet only be a 15 minute walk to the jive of town. Tuk-Tuks do cost 200 Baht but we only used them once or twice just to experience riding on one. The walk to town is nice, relaxing and interesting with the many touters.

Resort:
Gardens and landscaping in the resort are immaculate and the resort's surroundings are unbelievably maintained. The rooms itself are no Hilton or Versace, but instead offer a sort-of traditional Thai setting with decor to match with a contemporary twist. Our Queen bed was comfortable, our room was overlooking the sea and an unbelievable sunset each night and the bathroom/shower was clean and very nice. The rooms also contain a mini-bar with local/imported beers, chips, chocolates and miscelannious items like condoms were also at avail. (haha) Sheets were changed everyday, room made and as a test I left a $50 Australian note on the bed to see if housekeeping would pocket, but with amazement was moved to the side but not stolen - so in other words honest staff !

Food:
The food at the resort is repetitive in ways but I couldn't believe some people's comments regarding it. Each night the resort holds different themed buffets (eg. Italian, Seafood, Asian etc) these buffets we would have to say were one of the tastiest and best we have been too (and this includes fancy, cheap places etc). Breakfast buffet has plenty to offer and yes is repetitive but still well catered and delicious western/traditional foods.

Facilities:
The resort has an on-site gym which has a ranging selection and does its job - we'll leave it at that - I still had daily workouts ! The three pools placed on different tiers of the resort are remarkable and all overlook the Andaman Sea and Patong Town. A massage parlour is on-site but never used. Shop/Internet facilities are available and wi-fi in room as well. Elevators are being installed but most blocks have them.

Staff:
Staff at Novotel were friendly friendly friendly! Santiago was my staff member employee of the month in my books, from checking in he was one of the first people I saw. He helped us with directions, advice and transported luggages to our room - really good workethic and bellboy he is ! Everyone else in general was exceptionally friendly and welcoming and attended to any needs. The resort also provides a complimentary shuttle from the entrance of the resort (which is 200 metres down a hill) to the lobby (200 meters up the hill). A shuttle to Patong's Jungceylon mall is also provided complimentary several times a day.

Cons:
Like anything in life there are several cons.

1. Do not book tours through resort. Like previous reviews they do inflate the price - essentially ripping off unknowledgable tourists. Tours for Phi Phi Island were 3000 Baht at resort but with clever bartering on the walk to Patong town I managed to get a jam-packed trip at 1200 Baht.

2. Do not book taxi through resort. It will set you back 1000 Baht instead of 300-400 Baht on the street.

3. If you are physically weak/elderly do not stay here as it is situated on a steep hill. From lobby to rooms also generally is a walk on an incline.

4. Some costs associated within the resort for various facilities/food are a bit more steep then outside the resort but then again they are a business catering for international tourists.

5. If you complain about the littlest things, don't stay at any hotel and stay put at home! Some of the reviews on this page are ridiculous.

Room Tip: Sea-view rooms are well worth it, utilise free shuttles to city and transfers from entrance to lobby.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
5  Thank tmold94
NovotelPhuket, General Manager at Novotel Phuket Resort, responded to this reviewResponded February 15, 2013

Dear tmold94,
Warm greetings from the Novotel Phuket Resort.
Thank you very much for your really extensive feedback. I am certain that not only that I am grateful of your very detailed feedback, but I am sure all our future guests will be too.
We would love to have you back with us in the the future. Do let me know when you are coming back.

Reviewed February 4, 2013

Novotel Resort Phuket

I love this hotel as much as I love Phuket & that's a lot. This has to be one of the nicest hotels in the area with a huge pool, beautiful rooms, comfy bed, good housekeeping very freidly.

3 superb swimming pools. Peaceful accommodation and excellent view because it's on a hill (mini bus is offered). Great location, next to the beach. Friendly staff.

Filipino Trainees is the Best Customer Service I Have? Very Friendly, Very Polite, Good Comunication Skills (Very Amaze to all the Filipono's staff who speak well English, good sense of humor, which make the Hotel and management Run Smoothly and well Organized and easy to understand. which is very important to all the Guess.

The Bell Boys located at the Service Desk are very friendly and helpful they make your day..Especially to 'Chocolate" he is an Awesome Man very helpful.

The Pool Bar Boys Staff\Gils are very friendly and they always make you feel VIP.

The Security Guard Up and Down they make you feel special makes your day start good

In General from the Bottom to the top Service all the Staff are very nice and Friendly good excellent customer service.

Novotel Phuket up the hill was a brilliant place to stay, friendly staff and the best views!! Didn't want to leave. Close to everything.

Room Tip: Ask for block 5, near the hotel main entrance, and ask for a sea view

Room Tip: Ask for Block 5, near the hotel main entrance, and ask for a sea view
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family

Dear Trisma,
Warmest greetings from sunny Phuket.
I am delighted to read your comments of our resort. Thank you very much for all the kind words and I am truly glad that you had really enjoyed your stay with us.
I have shared all your comments with the Front Office Team (Front Desk, Bell Boys), the Housekeeping Team, our Security Guards and also the team at the Pool Bar. It really serves as a great motivation to them. They were all smiling and happy to hear each word from your comments.
Please do not hesitate to contact us directly for your future bookings at the Novotel Phuket Resort. My team and I are all looking forward to having you back with us.

Reviewed February 1, 2013

Big rooms, we loved local decoration. Excellent breakfast (we loved the strange local fruits). 3 superb swimming pools. Peaceful accommodation and excellent view because it's on a hill (mini bus is offered).

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank Pelazi
NovotelPhuket, General Manager at Novotel Phuket Resort, responded to this reviewResponded February 1, 2013

Dear Pelazi,

Thank you very much for your comments.

Being located in a tropical country, we do our best to introduce the local culture and also a number of local tropical food and fruits to our guests to experience.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Novotel Phuket Resort and please do not hesitate to contact the hotel for your future visits.

Reviewed January 31, 2013

Fantastic location! Far enough away from the seedy part of Patong Beach. Amazing pool, gorgeous rooms with fantastic view. Accommodation came with complimentary dinner and massage. Massage was disappointing as it was to be for 1 hour and only went for 30 minutes.

Room Tip: Choose a room with a view - they are breathtaking. Make sure you get the full one hour on your massage if it is included in your package.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled with friends
4  Thank Lisa G

Dear Lisa G,
Sawatdee Krap and the warmest greetings from the paradise island of Phuket.
Thank you very much for your great comments of our resort. Our location is one of our strongest asset and being away from the hustle and bustle of Patong, but at the same time still close to where all the action is, is one of our best feature.
I have shared your comments with our team and the Massage center and instruct them to be more clear with their services in the future.
You are right, our best rooms are our Sea View rooms as you will get a great view of the Patong Bay during the day and Patong nightlights in the evening. The sunset from the balcony is just stunning.
We look forward to having you back with us soon.

Reviewed January 31, 2013

This is our second time at this resort and we love it. The rooms are beautiful, the location is great, the staff are just wonderful. Breakfast was good - the pool was brilliant. We love this resort and the staff - we will definitely be back again.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank travellingwoodburys

Dear travellingwoodburrys,
Thank you very much for your great comments again and also for returning to the Novotel Phuket Resort again. I am delighted to hear that my team had again met your expectations and had again did what they do best, which is taking care of you.
I hope to see you back here for your third time and I hope it would be soon.
Do let me know of your next travel plan.
Looking forward to seeing you again at the Novotel Phuket Resort.