The staff at the Novotel are really delightful and everyone has a smile for you. However- the hotel is getting pretty old now. It's really clean and sparkling but it is showing it's age.
We knew before going that the hotel is on a steep hill- no secrets there. What you don' t think about it that there isn't just hill up to the hotel- the entire hotel to go anywhere involves steps. We were fine but if you are elderly or have toddlers I think it would become tedious.
We tossed up between Novotel and B Lay Tong, and after doing a walk through of B lay i wished we had stayed there because it was new and had a lovely pool and it was on flat ground! This end of Patong beach is really good though- the beach is nicer and it is so much queiter. It is very crowded at the southern end.
Something we loved about the Novotel was the sea breezes you get due to being up high and the sunsets were magnificent. Breakfast was not as good as the Novotel bangkok which is a lot cheaper as a hotel. It was also a bit disorganised with collection of dirty plates and cutlery. This isn't the fault of the staff who were extremely obliging when asked- rather who trained them in my opinion. If you stay here I wouldn't be looking at spending any more than $150 a night or you might be disappointed. Comparing to Novotel BKK at less than half what we paid here which has great rooms, pool and new bathrooms i think they need to take a look at a refurb soon.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Novotel Phuket is a 4 star hotel tucked into a small hillside above the pristine waters of Kalim Bay, within easy reach of the exciting nightlife and shopping of nearby Patong. Enjoy a unique holiday at our resort, which features Thai architecture and is surrounded by 8 acres of lush tropical gardens. The hotel boasts a three tiered swimming pool, Thai massage centre and Kids Club, plus two bars and three restaurants for you to enjoy. The perfect destination for that dream tropical getaway. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with ACCOR, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Booking.com, Ctrip TA, Travelocity, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, Hotel.de, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Novotel Phuket Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Novotel Phuket Hotel Patong
- Novotel Hotel Phuket
- Novotel Resort Phuket
- Novotel Patong
- Patong Novotel
- Novotel Phuket Resort Patong