“worst service I've ever received!!”

Novotel Phuket Resort
Ranked #9 of 319 Hotels in Patong
“worst service I've ever received!!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 7, 2012 via mobile

Stayed here for 6days and wil never stay again. Service is terrible, reception is sour, no smiles or greetings, I must say security greeted us daily with hellos and smiles. Minibar was not stocked for 2 days, forcing us to buy water from shop across the road. Shuttle bus service is Terible, when asked for lift, lift never arrived numerous times.. Complained to front desk and got no where. Shower in room leaks all over bathroom floor. Ordered rom service and it never arrived, phoned 3 times to chase it up. when it arrived it was undercooked. (over an hour to get spring rolls)Choose wisely when holidaying in Phuket!!
(I must say we spoke to the general manager before we departed phuket, he was extremely apologetic for the service we had received and I believe he was going to chase it up and ensure it does not happen again.)

• Stayed October 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (624)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
melbourne
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2012

Stayed for 2 nights in September. Had arrived in a day early and told our room would be upgraded. Very happy and left with a good feeling about the hotel, even though up a steep driveway ( courtesy buses to drive you to the reception) the view was magnificent. Very disappointed when we were shown to a standard room, had all the basics , good view but not well cleaned, uncomfortable cheap bed, pokey and dark, breakfast poor selection and over priced.
lovely pools and good views were the redeeming features, difficult getting towels and chairs. Would not go back

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Hong Kong, China
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 4, 2012

My girlfriend and I stayed here as part of the second half of our 4 day trip in Phuket.

A number of issues:

1. The lighting around the swimming pool area at night was very bad. In fact, there was one flight of steps where the lighting was not switched on. I've no idea why. On my first night there, I couldn't see the bottom step and unfortunately I went over on my right foot. I was in pain for the rest of the trip. However, what I found amazing was that a few seconds after my "fall", one of the staff walked up the steps and was using a torch. He could see what had just happened, but he simply just walked past me as if nothing had happened.

2. The views are really good, however, the access from street level up to the Lobby, and then the rooms is ridiculous. Ok for a reasonably young person like myself, but for older people, would prove to be a nightmare. I counted the number of flights of stairs to get from the entrance to the lobby - eight......surely, there should be some form of escalator of lift.

3. No toothpaste or toothbrush provided? erm, need I say more?

4. The shower door was extremely noisy when opened or closed. I've never heard such a ridiculously loud screeching noise. Have they heard of WD40? I can send a video of this to anybody who is interested! LOL

5. Something that I read from another reviewer. The breakfast buffet was poor. Stay away from the labelled "baked beans", they're actually, baked peanuts. Erm, surely the staff know the difference?

6. The staff at the lobby were not the most helpful.

A shame really. Fantastic location, but a lot of TLC required. It seems to me, this hotel is suffering badly from staff and managers who don't really care anymore.....

Auckland Region, New Zealand
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 3, 2012

Three main things I loved about this hotel

1. Customer service prompt and efficient no hassle
2. In Room Service/Food
3. Location (Up on a hill, beautiful view and close to everything the mall, markets and Patong beach) 5-8minute walk to Patong Beach and walk to markets and mall probably 15-20 minute but you probably would want to take the free shuttle or tuktuk because of the heat :)

We booked Novotel Phuket Resort for 3 nights and after stayed at Novotel Vintage Park Hotel for 3 nights as well. I booked through Accorhotels.com through Qantas Airways staff rate.

We arrived on the 20/10/12. We organised hotel transfer with the hotel which was 900BHT then checked in at hotel about midnight so we were very tired. I was very pleased with the service upon arrival there was no fuss, quick and easy and room was ready for us. While checking in we were served with nice cold apple juice and a ice cold wet flannels. We were in Room 123 and me and my partner loved our room and our view was perfect for us. We were so hungry we order room from the In Room
Service they have available food was delicious and food arrived very quick. The view from our balcony was the main entrance looking down as well as Patong beach we could see. Our room was tidy and clean, housekeepers were friendly. The pool was beautiful, Buffet breakfast was my partners favourite meal of the day. We didn't have dinner but I bet that would have been nice too. They had free shuttle buses to Jungcelon Mall the main shopping area with all the markets and back to the hotel. Normally cost 200BHT one way if you went by TukTuk. They organised our tour to Phuket zoo, Buddha temple and elephant riding with their private car service. Our tour was the same day we had to check out. So the private car service helped us transfer our bags to Novotel Vintage Park Hotel and brought us back as well.

Probably only downside was the Internet connection was not very good for us the connection was very low in our room but out on the balcony and every where else the pool area was fine. It didn't bother me much because I spent most of my time outdoors.

We loved both hotels we stayed at but overall this hotel won me over WHY? The hotel was beautiful from the rooms/lobby and especially pool but it was the excellent customer service from the staff. Me and my partner don't expect them to be all friendly friendly a smile will do but prompt and efficient service with no hassle wins always for me. Thank you so much for having us and for the great experience you gave we definitly recommend to anyone who's looking for hotel to stay at.

Lesley

Room Tip: I think all rooms are perfectly fine but probably have one close to the pool or reception theres alo...
Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 3, 2012

We stayed at the Novotel in May 2012. The resort is quite big. We had a lovely sea facing room and the view was great.
On day one we had a few problems with the air-conditioning and Kathy the lovely front desk manager went out of her way to make us feel comfortable by getting us a portable fan.
The resort is at the quieter end of Patong beach which we loved. Everything is within walking distance, the beach, massage palaces, 7/11 and a really good restaurant just across the road where we ate every night. Pools are great. It is quite a hike from the bottom to the top, however they have their shuttle service you just have to ask the staff. The bell boys are great always smiling.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Malaga, Spain
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 1, 2012

The location of the hotel is in the quieter area of Patong which both my partner and myself found the location great. An easy walk( or tuk-tuk ride 150/200 baht) to bars and restaurants but far enough away to enjoy the hotels relaxed atmosphere. The free shuttle bus provided by the hotel to and from the gates of the resort we found to be extremely reliable and always ready to drop off or collect hotel guests. Our visit was a little out of season October 2012.

Our seaview room we could not fault. Room 504.
The hotel spa offered excellent full body massages at the time offering a two for one offer which made it very good value for money in a professional and relaxed spa area.
The gym is well equipped and is very flexible with their opening times.

Breakfast is good and the hotel offers a wide selection of breakfast choices.

During our stay we participated in the hotels free thai cooking class. Really great!

All in all a great holiday. The hotel definately met my expectations. We will definately return to this hotel.

Many thanks Kim and David:-)