This resort was truly beautiful. The rooms were a bit old but hey - they were clean and fine! We don't travel to spend the time in the rooms, rather to explore the country. As it so happens the rooms were perfectly fine even if we did decide to stay in! And non-smoking rooms meant non-smoking! you couldn't smell smoke like you can in other hotels so called "non-smoking" rooms. We had 2 interconnecting rooms and it worked well!
The location was fine - sure it was quite a hike away from the main shops and night markets etc, but it was a lovely 15 minute walk although most nights we walked there but caught the disco tuk tuk back to the hotel. We really enjoyed the disco tuk tuk's they were a whole heap of fun! Yes the resort is ontop of a steep hill but there is a shuttle that takes you to and from the bottom whenever you are ready - very handy!
The pool was wonderful - nice and clean with basketball, volleyball options in one area, a spa in another, baby pool as well. Very well maintained!
The buffet breakfast was nice, clean, fresh, enough to choose from.The staff made sure everything was kept clean, one of the chefs was constantly walking around checking up on the buffet - it was nice to see!
The staff - wow! What a wonderful bunch of people. They were so polite and extremely helpful. It didn't matter where you were or what you needed they were fantastic. They truly are a credit to the Novotel Chain - Thank you guys - thank you so much!!!
The only downside of this place is the fact that there are no lifts. This wouldn't have been an issue for us if our daughter didn't fall and hurt her foot 2 days before we left home and had to be on crutches the entire time. She had to use the crutches up and down 60 steps a couple of times a day. Unfortunately due to the rain she slipped and fell over twice on the slippery staircase. They need a mat there to prevent falls as it was very slippery even without crutches and just putting up a 'slippery when wet sign' isn't enough. So watch the timber stairs in the rain.
I strongly recommend this resort to anyone and we will be back - without the crutches!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Novotel Phuket is a 4 star hotel tucked into a small hillside above the pristine waters of Kalim Bay, within easy reach of the exciting nightlife and shopping of nearby Patong. Enjoy a unique holiday at our resort, which features Thai architecture and is surrounded by 8 acres of lush tropical gardens. The hotel boasts a three tiered swimming pool, Thai massage centre and Kids Club, plus two bars and three restaurants for you to enjoy. The perfect destination for that dream tropical getaway. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with ACCOR, Booking.com, Hotels.com, HotelTravel.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Agoda, Expedia, Cancelon, Odigeo and Hotwire so you can book your Novotel Phuket Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Novotel Phuket Hotel Patong
- Novotel Hotel Phuket
- Novotel Resort Phuket
- Novotel Patong
- Patong Novotel
- Novotel Phuket Resort Patong