Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Novotel
Hotels.com
Travelocity
4,528 results
All reviews patong beach sea view free shuttle shuttle service thai restaurant tuk tuk andaman sea steep hill front office buffet breakfast kids club shopping centre pool bar house keeping happy hour bangla road jay
Selected filters
Reviewed September 3, 2012

This is our second visit to this wonderful hotel. Its was 3 years since our previous visit and my wife and I were extremely pleased that the resort had maintained its exceptional standards. The hotel is situated just far enough away from the hussle and bussle of the downtown area but easy enough to access as well.

As stated in many other reviews the resort is set into the side of the mountain and contains alot of hills and stairs but it is quite easy to move around the hotel site, even with serious leg and knee issues. Big thumbs up to all the staff who went out of there way to help us and no issue was to small. Even loved the fruit baskets sent to our room when they realised that my wife had been quite ill.

Loved the breakfast, very tasty, just needs a bit of tinkering with the options as we were there for 10 days and would have loved some more variety. James was excellent at breakfast time so I hope he is recognised for his hard work.

The lifts that they are installing will be excellent especially in the rooms closest to reception. The only down thing was the monsoonal rains that occured and limited our pool time.

We will be back

Room tip: room with an ocean view
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
3  Thank Craig D
Reviewed September 3, 2012

I wish to take a moment to say my wife and I had a relaxing time at Novotel Phuket.

The service was impeccable.

But our experience at the Fishermans restaurant really took our breath away.

Dinner at this restaurant overlooking the beach & its waves is really charming.

I must say one staff member, at this restaurant, Katherine was outstanding

Room tip: Pick a room overlooking the beach. Up on the hill views are uninterrupted, as traffice is down below.
6  Thank Intan1955
Reviewed September 2, 2012

Hotel Services were mostly up to expectation, except for the cable T.V. reception in the room which was VERY BAD. Apart from a couple of local Thai channels and the Fox T.V. channel, the rest of the program services such as BBC, Al Jazeera and other available channels were hardly visible --- even after the Hotel's maintenance/engineering personnel tried their best to rectify this problem after my complaints.

3  Thank Passenger287527
Reviewed August 31, 2012

We had stayed at the Novotel overlooking the bay four years before and had a good experience. We decided to stay there again and we were not disappointed. Glad we stayed at the old Novotel as we had a beach view from our balcony and it was beautiful to sit and watch the sun go down into the sea.
The breakfast buffet was great (good variety and plenty of it), bit of a pity we now have to cook our own breakfast at home! The fruit in Thailand particularly the pineapple is lovely.
The only problem we had was the electricity going down as well (but I believe that is Patong electricity supply and not the fault of the hotel). The only other issue is the pool towels were getting a bit old looking, but that is not important in the scheme of things - a lovely hotel to stay at. The courtesy bus down to the shopping centres is so convenient (and the drivers were very courteous and helpful). The tuk tuk drivers are getting a bit greedy in Patong, so felt the ride back for 200 baht from the beach a bit over the top so we walked back a lot from the restaurants.,

Room tip: Definitely get a seaview room higher up so you can appreciate the beauty of the view
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
3  Thank Downunder92
Reviewed August 31, 2012

We were so disappointed with this hotel that we lost money to leave early to relocate to another hotel which was a great decision for us as we were extremely unhappy here. To make this review fair, we also hated Patong itself and having travelled quite a bit in Thailand found this not to be the Thailand we have come to love. However we were under the impression this hotel was situated a little bit out of Patong, and it is not. From the moment you walk outside the hotel gates you are a commodity to be targeted and hustled for anything and everything by very persistent touts. I clearly did not put enough research in when selecting this hotel for our family holiday otherwise I never would have chosen it. It is set into a hill with steep slopes from reception to the rooms and then again down to the street, not good for us with a toddler and my husband who has arthritis in his knees. There are shuttles but rather than waiting it is usually easier to just walk. Service is sketchy and reinforced my preference for 5 star hotels as this in my opinion didn't even live up to it's 4 stars. When asking for a small cup of milk for my baby daughter to get us through until we got out to the shop I was told to go to the restuarant and pay 100 baht. Now I don't mind paying my way but when you are already paying to stay there for them not to be willing to give you a small cup of milk for a baby is just mean in my opinion. There were extremely significant safety issues present at the hotel which I am shocked the accor group would allow and I wish now I had taken pictures. They were installing elevators in our block of rooms and the ones nearby and when the workers weren't there the lift shafts were just left completely open with no effort to close them off. Given that we were travelling with a very active toddler she could have easily run from our room and fallen down the open shaft which I think is completely unacceptable in an Accor group hotel. We found breakfast to be extremely poor and left having hardly eaten anything as it was all awful right down to the juice and coffee. The room itself was tiny and very basic and quite shabbily furnished. The bathroom was new and clean but tiny. The only things I liked about this hotel were the beautiful view from the room, the lobby which was quite an attractive building and the thai music and bell ceremony that took lace on the pool deck every evening was very calming. Some of the staff were nice, particularly the porters and one of the managers I dealt with to organise leaving early was very courteous and managed to get us one of the two nights we had paid for but wouldn't use, refunded. I love value for money and it unlike me to walk away from something I had already paid for but we just couldn't stay here any longer.

3  Thank CassieSC