This has to go down as one of the worst hotels I ever stayed in.
It all started up on check in. I notice a small print letter at reception informing guess that the second pool is out of order from the 1st of June but no mail was send to inform us or offer us another hotel. The reception staff didn't even bother to inform us about the pool that was out of order or to say sorry for the inconvenience. We stayed in room 722 which is a very big beautiful room and a very nice view of Patong beach. We were very happy with the room but little did we know what was waiting for us the following morning.
We were awaken by a very loud noise which sounded like you were on a building site, this much be the reason why we didn't have any cold water in our room. I can't believe that they would put a guess in a room where they are doing maintenance work right above, I could not even open my doors with the noise being so loud.
We went down the next evening to the lobby to ask for the vehicle down to the main road which the hotel offers to the guess seeing that the resort is on a very steep uphill, we waited over 20minits for the vehicle to arrive but it did not arrive at all, when we asked where the vehicle was the lady said "why you not walk down" which we then did, as we came to the bottom only to find the guy sitting and making jokes. I asked him why he did not come up to the lobby and he said "he wasn't inform to come up for any guess".
The next morning I asked for an iron and iron board which I waited for over 20minits and after 3calls the phone was slammed down in my ear. When I went down to reception to asked why the phone was slammed down in my ear the lady said " we where busy" in a very rude way. Also the same day in the evening me and my sister went down to the pool to swim and asked for a towel and the pool attendant was rude by looking at me and asking me are you a guess at the hotel. I founded this very rude the way he asked me this.
It is almost as if it is to much trouble for anything to get done in the resort. Also like to point to you that on my last day as we were busy getting ready to leave for the airport and still had to charge or phones and iPads the power went off for almost an hour leaving us with no aircon or power to charge anything.
This was suppose to be the highlight of our holiday and turned out to be the biggest disappointment. We where booked to stay in the Le Meridien resort and changed our mind and book to stay at Novotel. I'm very very deeply unhappy with everything that happend during our stay, this was suppose to be a birthday present for my sister but this hotel really let me down.
I will think twice before booking in this hotel again if this is the way they treat there guess or tell my friends to stay here.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Novotel Phuket is a 4 star hotel tucked into a small hillside above the pristine waters of Kalim Bay, within easy reach of the exciting nightlife and shopping of nearby Patong. Enjoy a unique holiday at our resort, which features Thai architecture and is surrounded by 8 acres of lush tropical gardens. The hotel boasts a three tiered swimming pool, Thai massage centre and Kids Club, plus two bars and three restaurants for you to enjoy. The perfect destination for that dream tropical getaway. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with ACCOR, Booking.com, Agoda, Expedia, HotelTravel.com, Cancelon, Hotwire, Odigeo, Priceline and Hotels.com so you can book your Novotel Phuket Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Novotel Phuket Hotel Patong
- Novotel Hotel Phuket
- Novotel Resort Phuket
- Novotel Patong
- Patong Novotel
- Novotel Phuket Resort Patong