“Excellent”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Patong
Cafe Siam Guesthouse
Ranked #28 of 221 Specialty Lodging in Patong
Manly, New South Wales, Australia
“Excellent”
Reviewed May 21, 2013

I really enjoyed my experience at Cafe Siam Guesthouse. Not only was it a really clean, modern and comfortable place to stay but the service was second to none. Our room was spacious and well kitted out with air conditioning, flat screen tv, fridge, safe, wardrobe and chest of drawers. The price was cheap considering the amenities, and we could barely hear any noise from outside. The cafe downstairs provided a great selection of tasty food and the location is great - a very short walk to the main bars and beach. The most memorable part for me though will be the service - Cheryle really took care of us. She helped us organise day trips around the island, a trip to Phi Phi, to the local night markets, to Raya island and many other attractions. Any advice or help we needed she was there. She even showed us an amazing cheap Thai restaurant for lunch. Her local knowledge is invaluable and she has a big heart to boot. Will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Tuncurry, Australia
Reviewed May 21, 2013

I have traveled to Patong 20 times staying at a variety of places, Cafe Siam was my first guesthouse experience..... WOW what an experience, I not only had a great holiday but I can honestly say i left with new friends! Rooms are clean and modern and the food in the cafe YUM !!! Scrambled eggs on thick crusty toast with spinach and feta and the coffee ......... TO DIE FOR....and i'm a coffee freak! Cheryl and Dana a breath of fresh "Aussie" air..... At the start i was worried about the stairs (Not many) just unfit..lol, but once i reached my air conditioned room AAAHHHHHHHH no problem :) And I guess the best testament would be if anybody ask me if I would stay there again...............................ABSOLUTELY !!!!! 5 min walk to Jungceylon & Bangla Road, Restaurant Number 6 just across the road, laundry, pharamacy, hairdresser, all in the same street.... THIS IS NOT A BIG RESORT, This is your home in Patong Its warm, welcoming, and you are made to feel part of the family and oh my god the bed and pillows SOOOOOOOOOO comfortable :) There is tea and coffee in your room, a flat screen tv,a safe, a fan, air con........ Cant wait to get back there...

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank chook555
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed May 17, 2013

This was my first stay at Siam Cafe Guesthouse but definately wont be my last. The rooms are lovely, really clean with comfortable beds, clean modern bathroom, TV,air con and fan, bar fridge and a room safe.
apart from the nice rooms by far the biggest drawcard is the service. Cheryle and Dana are so lovely and nothing is too much trouble. They go out of their way to make your staycomfortable and memorable.
Any questions about the area or help with tours, taxis, shopping etc they are happy to answer.
The food in the cafe is so delicious and healthy, I ate breakfast there most days.
The guest house is centrally located, 5 mins walk to Bangla Road but far enough to be quiet. Close to the beach and Juncelyon Shopping centre. Just across the street there are several restaurants and market stalls and within the lane there is a laundry, pharmacist, hairdresser, taylor and several other shops.
This guest house is really reasonably priced and really value for money.
The rooms look and are as good as the photos if not better, which is not always the case with other accommodation in Patong.
if you want great accommodation at a reasonable price, with friendly and efficient service, then this is the place to stay.
This is now my home away from home, I cant recommend it highly enough and cant wait to come back.Thankyou Cheryle and Dana for making my trip so enjoyable.
Cherie

Room Tip: all the rooms are nice and very clean and modern
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Shellharbour, New South Wales, Australia
Reviewed April 12, 2013

will be my third stay at this terrrific guesthouse,when i go in june for 1 month.cannot speak highly enough about cheryl and dana ,nothing is too much trouble for them,and will do anything to make your stay enjoyable.rooms are the cleanest you will find in any hotel,but not with the price tag.wonderfull food too.only problem is too many people will know how good this guesthouse is and i may have a problem to find a vacancy ,maybe i should find some negatives,but unfortunately i cant. trevor ( australia)

Room Tip: all rooms are good
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Statesboro, Georgia
Reviewed March 27, 2013

2nd trip to Patong and the best so far. Let me say that on my first trip I stayed at the Holiday Inn Resort which i thought was as best as it gets. Im sure it is when it comes to resorts but when it comes to VALUE and comfort, then this is the place. I came back to Patong to finish my dental work and I didnt neet anything too major for myself since i had just come from Afghanistan living in the CRAP! I arrived HKT and was swiftly picked up by a driver in which i had coordinated with Cheryl/Dana. He drove me right to the front door of the guesthouse at which i met with Cheryl and got a tour or the guesthouse and some helpful information on the area and room. Cheryl made me comfortable right away with her great attitude as well as her knowledge of Patong. After getting me situated in my room she handed over my key and wish my a good night. With the location of the guesthouse being only about a 2 min walk to Bangla road, i found myself there shortly after. The next morning i woke up and went down and met Dana and had some of Cheryls delicious cooking. The presentation of the room was just as the photos here. Its super clean and looks like a freshly renovated building. The hot water heater is tricky but cheryl will show you how it works. I just didnt fully pay attention. The bathroom was clean. The beds were soft and very clean. I also had a double slidding window in RM # 3. I was able to look down of the side street below. Everyday my room was cleaned as though it was my first time arriving. I was so shocked at how clean it was i started only asking for towels because the room was never allowed to get dirty. . Cheryl was very friendly and asked me if i had any plans for day trips while i was there. I told her yes and she was able to assist me with planning my trips as well as getting me a HUGE DISCOUNT on all 4 of the day trips i took. Total spend was $200 US dollars and every cent was well worth it. If ever i needed some assistance Cheryl was there to provide it. I currently do not have plans of visiting Thailand again soon but after such a great stay at the guesthouse i find myself thinking of returning again during low season. I would definitely recommend this guesthouse to EVERYONE. Its #1 on here for a reason.. Thanks Cheryl..... Greg

Room Tip: Rm # 3 is the Penthouse if you ask me!
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed March 25, 2013 via mobile

This is the best place to stay in Patong!

The Aussie family that runs the guesthouse and cafe are really sweet and more than happy to help you plan your stay and point out some great sights/highlights to make your stay even better.

Rooms: the rooms are super clean and modern but have beautiful Thai art to make it feel local.

Location: The location is ideal if you want to be steps away from everything but still have a nice quiet stay. Two blocks from Bangla road, markets in all directions in the surrounding blocks, and Patong beach is a short 5 min walk away.

Noise: Even though it is really central, the rooms are actually quiet (and have awesome a/c) because the road that the guesthouse is located on is regulated so there is very little traffic on it.

I would definitely go back!!!!!

• Stayed March 2013
Israel
Reviewed March 24, 2013

We stayed in Cafe Siam Guesthouse for 1 night, we would probably stay much longer if they had vacancy!
Located 2 minutes walk from Bangla Rd (center),
close to everything, the owner is really welcoming and helpfull, good food at the Cafe, the room was squeaky clean,
and it seems like we stepped into a 4 stars hotel!
Safe in the room + fridge, large shower (though the water pressure was a bit low), and hearty decoration of the room.
Quiet at night time, what else can you ask for? :-)
Two thumbs up.

Room Tip: We got the triple room which might be larger than the others...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family