“Excellent "Cinderella" treatment at reasonable prices”

Montra Traditional Thai Massage
Ranked #29 of 80 Spas & Wellness in Patong
Badhoevedorp, The Netherlands
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“Excellent "Cinderella" treatment at reasonable prices”
Reviewed December 7, 2013

Last Saturday I decided to treat myself like Cinderella by going for a full-body massage and a pedicure at Montra's at the Jung Ceylon shopping centre.

Let me first point out the following; at the upper level of the JC shopping centre ( floor 2 "eu" or 3 "us" ) you can find the more luxurious "Montra Traditional Massage and Spa" and in the basement you can find ‘‘Montra Massage". They where the same orange shirts but the concept and the pricing is quite different.

I first went for a full body massage at the "Montra Traditional Massage and Spa". I paid 1500 Baht for 90 minutes for 90 minutes of relaxing and feeling like new again. The service in this branch-office of Montra is excellent, decent and professional. You'll be appointed a private cabin to change clothes followed up by a washing of your feet before the actual massage begins. The massage takes place in a private room. The quality of the massage and the attention of the masseuse I found excellent. After the massage you'll be offered a cup of tea with a sweet pastry.

- For the record, this is NOT the kind of joint for a treatment that involves "happy endings" or anything like that. This is a true professional massage salon -

After this I went to the basement to have my feet scrubbed. The atmosfeer in the basement branch-office of Montra is quite different, but the treatment is just as satisfactory. The young chap that attended me offered me a scrub and pedicure for 550 Baht. He worked at least 1,5 hours on my feet and the results were very good. No way I could get the same bargain back at home.

Visited December 2013

286 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 503 helpful votes
“Good ”
Reviewed November 14, 2013 via mobile

This is the place we will go for massages whenever we are in Phuket. Glad that our masseuse were good this time round too, as our usual masseuses were no longer working there. We paid 600 baht for 2 hours of traditional Thai body massage and 250 baht for an hour of leg massage. Prices are competitive enough. Read a couple of negative reviews on this place but I guess it's a matter of luck to get a good masseuse as they have a q system for their masseuse. If u like ur masseuse, remember to get his or her name so that u can request for her the next time u are there.

1 Thank alanyeo76
Canberra, Australia
38 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 66 helpful votes
“Not as good as they once were”
Reviewed September 13, 2013

We had visited Montra a couple of times on our last visit to Phuket, so I was keen to head back. My husband and I enjoy hot rock massages, and they were available at Montra, so that seemed to be the logical choice. As always, they were busy and we were allocated two male massage therapists. The hot rocks were definitely that - exceptionally hot! They held their heat for a long time and so the warmth of the rocks seemed to flow right into my muscles. However the massage itself seemed a bit disjointed - my therapist disappeared a number of times to get things. This disturbed the flow of the massage a little. The therapist was generous in his time and my one hour massage went for closer to 75 minutes, so that was a bonus. The facilities are as good, if not better than those in other massage iutlets in Jungceylon - and much better than most available around Patong. A good massage, but not quite as good as I remembered.

Visited September 2013
“Worth every bucks we spend”
Reviewed September 5, 2013

After all the great review in here me and my friend decided give it a try. What can I say, it's a greatest that we have tried in both Koh Samui and Phuket.

Visited September 2013
Hong Kong, China
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“The worst massage experience I have had”
Reviewed August 23, 2013

The face massage I had was terrible! The techniques were strange and made me feel so uncomfy. They charge 400 bahts for a 1-hr face massage, given the decor of the shop, the price was very attractive. After like half an hour, I found that the face massage wasn't what I had expected and actually I felt itchy on my face. So I told the lady to stop and I agreed to pay half the total. Then they came back to me said I had to pay 300 bahts for doing the half an hour massage with some very strange reasons. I insisted paying half the total then they shouted at me and said some very rude words insulting my nationality. In fact it doesn't matter whether I pay 300/400 bahts, actually this is just a little sum of money to me. I would only say their service is not up to standard when comparing to other massage shops in Phuket. The worst is that they are so dishonest and rude. I will never never go back to that shop and this experience was definitely a dirt in my entire vocation in Thai. I have encountered many nice people and received many wonderful service in thai, but this one, please trust me, don't go!

Visited August 2013