“Great experience”

Montra Traditional Thai Massage
Ranked #30 of 93 Spas & Wellness in Patong
Reviewed June 10, 2013

My husband, my teenage son and myself went to the one at the basement for a traditional Thai massage followed by aroma message. Great value for money, great massage and great service. We came out feeling lighter and relax. Highly recommend for the good price and the skillful massues.

All reviews
in 3 reviews
"scrub"
in 4 reviews

Reviewed May 11, 2013

I had a 60 minute massage with my girlfriend and we both left feeling incredibly relaxed - great value and friendly staff!

Reviewed April 17, 2013

There are quite a few Montras on the lower ground floor of the Jungceylon shopping centre in Patong, but the best one is near the food court. It is big, airy and while it can be crowded at times, big floor-to-ceiling windows makes it appear much bigger. The staff are very professional. I had a manicure, pedicure, foot scrub and an hour of foot/leg massage for 900 baht. The blokes had back massages and said they were great.

Reviewed April 1, 2013

Montra has shops in 3 different locations at the Jung Ceylon Mall - 2 in the basement and 1 on the 3rd floor. We were a little apprehensive about going in at first but after a few minutes in, we were impressed by the good service and cleanliness of the place. My 2 teenaged kids and 80-year old father signed up for 70-min foot massages (60-min foot massage plus 10-minute arm and shoulder massage). My husband signed up for the 90-minute Thai traditional massage (painful and a unique experience if you've never tried this before!), while my mother & I decided to do the combination 30-minute foot massage & 30-minute all-over body massage. They were very accomodating and allowed flexibility in the treatments which we appreciated (for eg. my mother & I did not want to have oil applied nor to strip for the massage). Everyone came out happy and relaxed.

This is definitely not your 5-star hotel-type spa, but a very local Thai experience that I would highly recommend. Prices were very reasonable and it is definitely a family-friendly place. Reservations would be helpful if you have a big group but not necessary if you're going at off-peak hours (i.e. avoiding lunch and dinner hours). If you're there for a foot massage, I would advise asking for the seats in the shop and not in the common area outside the shop.

2  Thank UrbanSheep
See more reviews
Reviewed March 22, 2013

i had a bad experience on visiting Serenity spa on the other day. But when I walk across this spa in the Juncelyon shopping mall, I was attracted by it's cleaniness, good price, so I decided to give it a try.

When I told the reception that I want to know the difference of the different treatment like hot oil massage, aroma massage, coconut oil, etc. He explained to me briefly the difference and what kind of oil is good for what kind of treatment. A very detailed explanation.

Then the first thing inside the shop, they will help to clean your feet. It was such a good service that make me felt very nice. As everyone would took off the shoes before went inside, cleaning the feet defintely make the area more clean.

And the massage service done by the lady is very professional. I told her I have frozen shoulder on the left hand. She would remember and took special care of the left arm when doing the massage. She knows where to put on the strength, not only just spread the oil over my body, but using the right pressure and strength on the right location. It was just a good massage that I felt much relief.

I only have a few hours stay in Patong on next day but I rushed back at 11 AM after they open the shop and enjoy the last 30 minutes head, neck and shoulder massage before I leave Phuket.

Very good service, real massage and cheap. Highly recommended to anyone.

1  Thank Corali2005