“Sadly Dissapointed”

Montra Traditional Thai Massage
Ranked #31 of 90 Spas & Wellness in Patong
Reviewed October 30, 2012

I have used Montra for many years now and have loved them and recommended them to many people. I am saddened to say, that this year they left a bitter taste in my mouth.
I had had my nail painted with art work, as i had done on previous years. Happy enough with the job, I have had better artists but the man doing them tried his best and put alot of effort into it. So I paid happily and gave him a 200baht tip.
Well the next day after swimming all the art work washed off my nails!!! He had not put a top coat over the art work. I was out on a trip the next day, so returned after that and explained to them, nicely, that my art work washed off due to lack of top coat and could they please redo. Now the fun starts, boss lady says ok will cost you 200 baht!!!!! Ummm Pardon. No, explain again 2 days ago painted by this man, no top coat, paint washes off, not my fault, they need to redo for free. After much discussion, they agree.
No this man is not fast at this, and toes only need a touch up as one of the girls had done most of them properly. Finger nails though had absolutely no art work left on them at all, just the nail paint colour.
So as said he was quite slow , so I suggested he do an easier pattern, I pick one and he agrees or so I thought. After it was all done, I get told you pay now???? What the. Theyt say you change from original design so you have to pay!!! i explain that I tried to pick something easier and quicker, and what difference did it make when there was no design left from the 1st attempt anyway. No she say, he tell you new design you pay. But now they want 300baht. So I said well I pay for this one and you give my money back for bad work 1st time. Oh no she says we dont know when you come 2 days ago!!! well i am very upset now and tell them, that he knows I came, he knows I gave him 200baht tip, and I will pay, but they just lost my business, and that of my friends after many years.
I am really dissapointed by this, as I have used Montra for many years, but seems like they just dont care anymore

4  Thank aussie1nsw
in 24 reviews
in 5 reviews
in 3 reviews

Reviewed October 23, 2012

Excellent massage. The therapist was very skillful as she knows where the exact points of the body which feel sore. Highly recommended . The place is clean and cosy . The shop opens at least 3 outlet at the basement of junceylon shopping centre.

Reviewed October 19, 2012

Well where to start.
Arrived for a massage took off my shoes, had a wonderful massage and was prepared to go back the following day.
Left the room, gave me my shoes, they were not mine, they were womens shoes.
I complained and was told they were my shoes!!! After discussions they said pay for massage and we will buy you shoes. No buy shoes then pay for massage. They took me to a place that sold shoes I would not wear. I wanted same shoes as mine nowhere to be found, the girl from Mantra informed us that she would have to pay out of her wages. We returned to the counter and they called the manager, who came and viewed the video images, first it was another couple then another, then when they chased the poor lady down (not her shoes) they said they are your shoes. After threatening to call police they finally agreed to give 500 baht and not pay for massage as we were leaving the manager shouts, hope to see you NEVER!!! Well you wont!! if you go keep your shoes with you!

10  Thank AlexanderLoh
Reviewed October 17, 2012

I am a regular. Therapists are generally quite good although I have my couple of favourites whom I request for. Comfortable facility. If you're doing a Thai massage or other body treatments, you're separated by a curtain screen so some nationalities who have totally no manners, talk so loudly that your blissful massage is totally irritated off.