“amazing”
Review of DDC House

DDC House
Ranked #88 of 412 Patong B&B and Inns
Reviewed March 27, 2013

this is a realy nice place for the hollyday, its pleasure to stay with thai family, always here for helping you if you need, and always with the smile , the room are realy quiet, you can rent motorbike if you want and booking for excursion for island, bref its great hollydays...

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo

Reviewed March 7, 2013

I just came back from Thailand. And I will say this, it's because of DDC House that made my first time trip to Thailand so wonderful. I never went on a trip alone neverthless a 8 night 7 days' trip abroad. But thank god I chosed DDC house based on all the good review from Agoda. The reviews are so true.

First, after I checked in DDC. viola, it's everything you would think of the palce. Exactly same as the pictures displayed on the website. And very clean very neat, I can always get a perfect good night sleep on that bed. the room has a very lovely balcony which I always prefer to open the curtain to see the deep blue sky. The fridge always keeps 2 bottled water very single day so I don't even need to buy them in the shop. Small detail but very considerate. So much good details only to be found out when you live in.

Secondly, Ploy and her family and staff are all very truly helpful and friendly. They help you with everything in their reach. It's because of this reason that I forget I miss my home. On the last day of my trip in phuket, to be honest, I don't wanna leave.

So if I get to visit phuket some other time, I still wanna bring my family and friend to DDC. And let them know how good the thai people are. Let them to be embraced in this very family-friendly hotel rooms.

All the best to everyone of DDC house.

You're the best!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed March 2, 2013

We stayed in Building 3, part of the DDC complex. Newly built and modern my friend and I throughly enjoyed our 3 nights here. The welcome we received from Mrs. Ploy and her associates was truly warm and quite amazing. Staff were always friendly and helpful. Beds were very comfortable and clean with an amazing shower in the bathroom. Cleaned each day. I would highly recommend this guesthouse if you're looking for a good budget priced guesthouse.

• Stayed: February 2013
Reviewed February 21, 2013

This hotel owner is Ms. Ploy, She gave us a very helpful service. The place is about 1 Km from the Shopping center, Jung Ceylon. Great service with an affordable price. You can see my review in Agoda. Thank you Ploy, Best Regards from Indonesia, I miss your Mom's Tom Yam Gung.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 20, 2013

Ploy is great..she arranges trips (doesnt rip you off) offers a great local bfast and the rooms are very clean with good working A/C and showers. Far enough away from Bangla to get a good night sleep but close enough to walk (about 15min) Perfect budget place to sleep and rest well and experience Patong!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed February 11, 2013

I hesitate writing a review because I have such mixed emotions about this place. But I feel others should know that not everything at this place is 5* as the tripadvisor reviews seem to indicate.

First, DDC house (ie. the owner Ploy) can arrange for a taxi for you from the airport to the hotel. This only costs 500 baht, which is cheaper than any other place I asked. I'm pretty sure it's only that cheap because it is not a licensed taxi, but instead is part of some extended network of the hotel's friends or family members. However, when I arranged (through the hotel) for another taxi to take me back to the airport for my trip home I was quite frightened for my life. The "taxi" pulls up and it looks like a teenager is driving it with red hubcaps on the car and blackened windows. That's not a big deal to me, but when the driver was going 120km/h in a 60km/h zone and zooming in and out of traffic at that speed I was getting pretty scared. Thank god somehow I made it there safe.

Now let's talk about check-in. I booked my stay here through Agoda. Agoda said DDC house had rooms available. Even throughout my stay it continued to say DDC house had rooms available. However, upon check-in they told me I would be put up in a different building as they were full. A different building in Thailand apparently means a different hotel - not DDC house at all. So the deluxe, quiet, top floor room I requested suddenly became a room immediately off of the lobby in Home 8 Hotel just down the street. I told them "no", I wasn't staying in a room that opened to the lobby where everyone was drinking and socializing. Does that sound like a quiet room? So then they walked me to their next "building" which was Nina's Guesthouse. The room there seemed fine and I said I would stay there the night but the next day I wanted them to move me to DDC house. Well, an hour in my room and I find out there are ants all over. They are coming out of the walls, crawling around the cracks in the floors, around the refrigerator, in the bathroom sink, and all over the shelves where my luggage was being kept. At that point I was pretty pissed that I was paying extra for a deluxe room (as compared to a standard room) with a mountain view and this was what they gave me. I don't like bugs, and I don't want to sleep with them crawling on me. I called the owner again and she said she would hopefully switch me the next day to a different room. So I was left to deal with the ants for the night.

The next day came and they did work hard to switch me to a different room by 7pm. She even refunded me 200 baht (which is only about $7 USD) since the room I stayed in the previous night wasn't the same rate. My new room was still not in DDC house, but in The Silk View, a different hotel two doors down. This room was much more up to par though and was very nice. It had the mountain view and was relatively quiet although the walls were paper thin. The bed was comfy, tv and internet worked well. Only complaint is that the bathroom shower didn't drain well at all, and the maids kept bursting in my room every day without even knocking. They would just unlock the door and come strolling in. Is that common practice? They must see some embarrassing stuff if that is what they always do. The maids also played really loud music on my floor for about an hour every day in the middle of the afternoon, which if you are trying to relax in your room is kind of annoying. I couldn't even hear my tv above their music.

Well, to end on a more positive note - Ploy is a kind lady and will do her best to make sure you are happy. She books tours for you at a discount rate. Her fiance was very nice and gave me a lift on his motorbike to the beach twice. I was feeling pretty sick the whole time I was there and definitely couldn't have made the walk down there. The breakfast at DDC house is good. I wish I could have felt better to eat it more. I was only able to have it on one day.

I just wish somewhere on agoda or tripadvisor it would say that DDC house is really part of a big family operation with all of the other hotels surrounding it and you may be staying at a different hotel. Perhaps that is a common way to run things in Thailand? I'm not sure. I was left feeling kind of scammed because I was put in different places. Although the place I ended up in was fine, it would have been nice to know what it was like to stay at DDC house, as I did pick it out based on all of the good reviews I saw here on tripadvisor. Nina's guesthouse and the Silk View and Home 8 Hotel don't have as good of reviews, so that is why I didn't book with them initially.

Room Tip: rooms off of the main street are quieter, but make sure you aren't by any construction, there is...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
3  Thank am5
Reviewed February 9, 2013

we stayed here for 3 days, we had a great time, nice & clean room, excellent service. Ploy run this hotel to highest level, defnitly value for money. Ploy is a nice & kind lady always ready to help in every matter, always smilling. Really everryone will defnitly enjoy staying here. Just 5 min walk to Mall, 10 min walk to beach & 15 min walk to Bangala Road
You can book trip, ticket, rent a bike etc from , everything under one roof

Room Tip: Take a rent a bike u will really enjoy,
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple