“Quaint hotel in quiet location”

i-Kroon Cafe & Hotel
Ranked #1 of 406 Patong B&B and Inns
Australia
“Quaint hotel in quiet location”
Reviewed April 20, 2014 via mobile

This hotel is a good place to stay. It was extremely clean and staff were very helpful. The wifi worked well in the room and breakfast downstairs is basic but tasteful. The hotel appears to be very difficult for taxi and tuk tuk drivers to find from the address. After we discovered a business card on the cafe counter with a map we had no further issues. Despite being out of the way it isn't too far from the action. This hotel has no lift so isn't suitable for those with mobility issues.

Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank Kristy L

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
  • Indonesian first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Manila, Philippines
Reviewed April 11, 2014

If you are on a budget, this boutique hotel will give you more on what you pay for, worth to stay. Rooms are clean, but you have to carry and bring up your luggages.Don't scout around where to eat, they have good foods to offer, don't miss to do your breakfast here.

Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Singapore, null, Singapore
Reviewed February 15, 2014

Me and my wife stayed 4 nights in I-kron Boutique Hotel in Feb 2014, the rooms are spacious, clean, neat and tidy. It's just a small hotel but you can get a lot of services there (laundry, taxi, motorcycle rental, tour etc.), and furthermore there's still got a restaurant downstairs. Not only Thai foods but all the European foods are available at their restaurant. All these things are being run by a great and very helpful couple. Moreover, I've never seen before like their awesome hospitality. The location is perfect (walking distance 15 mins to night market, Patong beach and Bangala road). We had sound asleep every night even though our room is facing the street (very quiet at nights). Highly recommended for anyone whether for business or couples or family or solo or group tour. I guarantee for sure price and the service can beat any hotel in Phuket. We got their great service and warm hearted helpfulness. This is what we got in return which was much more than what we paid for the hotel.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank WMThu
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 5, 2014

I have stayed 5 nights last month.
The Hotel is perfectly situated, very close to everything (1min from Patong Beach, 5min to Bangla Road...) but it is still very quiet at night! Rooms are very clean and confortable
But THE MOST are the TWO lovely Owners!! They did arrange everything for us (motorbikes, trip to islands, taxis, laundry....)! Would definitely go there next year!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
Perth, Australia
Reviewed January 30, 2014

I stayed at I-Kroon for 2 months in Dec 2013-Jan-14. Have travelled Thailand and Asia many times and holiday in Patong 5-6 times a year due to my work rosters. I can honestly say that this hotel is the best i have ever stayed at in all of Asia for the price.The rooms are big, modern, clean, quiet from street noise and extremely well priced for what you get. Hot water, Big 42" Plazma TV, Quite Aircon, Balcony, Excellent WIFI, can even live stream and download no problems.Bok and Nuch are as genuine as you'll ever get.They go out of their way to make sure their guest are well looked after.Very happy, caring, hard working people.The Cafe is excellent! Bok is a qualified chef who trained at a 5 star resort in Phuket so you can imagine the quality of the food. Thai, Western, and Mexican style food, Also you wont get a nice tasting coffee in Thailand for 55 baht.That i know for sure! They even put on a free buffet meal on Christmas Day for all the guest and friends.The beach and Bangala Rd are 5mins away by motorbike or motorbike taxi which are based opposite the hotel.Nanai Rd for Restaurants, Bars and Shopping is 10mins walk. Basically if your looking for a Friendly,Clean,Modern,Value for Money place then look no further.Ill be booking in there on my next trip for sure. Check them out on Facebook.

Room Tip: All the rooms are great. Im not going to say my room in case its booked when i come back.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
I-krooncafe Esp... P, ผู้จัดการ at i-Kroon Cafe & Hotel, responded to this review, April 24, 2014
Thank you for choosing i-Kroon cafe Espresso & Boutique Hotel. We’d be grateful if you would review us on TripAdvisor. Our guests often tell us how helpful it is to read past guests' reviews before booking their own visits. And we're always eager to hear what you liked and how we can improve.

Thanks again, and we hope you'll choose i-Kroon cafe Espresso & Boutique Hotel the next time you're in Patong.
Salisbury, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 5, 2014 via mobile

Upon arriving in Patong, you are greeted by an overwhelming amount of bars, shops, restaurants, hotels and guesthouses. I booked this place online after reading the positive reviews on here and was really glad I did so I didn't have to risk staying in a potentially awful tourist trap. I just left there an hour ago after a 2 night stay with my girlfriend and had a great stay there.

When we arrived, we entered the cafe downstairs which, compared to the other surrounding cafés, was very nicely decorated and presented. We were starving so ordered some food on the menu, and the owner, a young Thai lady (I assume!) greeted us. She spoke very good English, was really friendly and took our order (she was working the cafe too). The place was really busy, it's popularity testament to the quality of the food and drink. Slight victims of their own success, the service was a little slow (the owner seemed to be running the show all by herself and was doing a million things at once) but the food tasted great and was worth the wait.

After eating, a young Thai guy took us to our room. He was great and spoke the best English I've heard from a Thai since I'd been there, so much so I asked if he was actually Thai. He said he lived in America for 5 months, the American twang in his accent was clear. He was really funny and carried my bag to my room voluntarily, cracking jokes and showing us how to use all the amenities in the room.

The room was lovely; big and spacious, a huge double bed, the nicest looking bathroom I've yet had and also a small balcony with a table and chairs. The wifi was fast (a router was on every floor - nice touch) and the aircon was decent, cooling the room quickly.

Location was good, it was 10 minutes walk in one direction from the southern most point of the beach, and 10 minutes walk in the other direction to Bangla Road (the main party strip). I do walk pretty fast though, so make this 15-20 minutes if your a dawdler.

Overall I highly recommend this place to stay in, the building was well decorated throughout, and seemed the most 'professional' place I've stayed in thus far on my stay in Thailand (no patchy paint jobs on the walls or dodgy wiring hanging from ceilings). The only slight negative is the bed was pretty hard, something which didn't bother myself too much though but my girlfriend moaned a bit about. That and the slow service in the cafe, however the first meal we had upon arrival they gave to us for free which I thought was very kind of them.

I would definitely stay here again.

Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Doha, Qatar
Reviewed December 7, 2013

We've spend 3 nights in i-kroon this year and it was just perfect. It's managed by a lovely couple always ready to help. Rooms are clean, wifi is available. Breakfast was great. I would definitely recommend this hotel!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for choosing i-Kroon cafe Espresso & Boutique Hotel for your recent stay in Patong.

We’d be grateful if you would review us on TripAdvisor. It’s the world’s largest travel site, helping millions of visitors every month plan the perfect trip.