Blue Ocean Beach Resort
Hotels.com
$171
$154
  • Breakfast included
Novotel Phuket Resort(Patong)(Great Value!)
$93
$88
The Bliss South Beach Paton(Patong)(Great Value!)
$67
$59
$104
$95
Marriott Hotels
All reviewsprivate beachenjoyed our staymin walkmaintenanceproscons
Reviewed March 15, 2014

I have been traveling through Thailand for over 2 weeks and felt like this was one of the best resorts I've come across on low budget traveling.

The view of the beach from the hotel room was completely breath-taking! It felt like I owned a private beach during my stay! The hotel is not too big, which gives off more of a personal and private vibe.

After spending days around the hectic town of patong, it was pretty relaxing to get back to a location where the only sound you hear are the sound of waves. The location of the hotel was perfect, it wasn't too far from the main town but was far enough to get some peace of mind.

The majority of the staffs were friendly and were helpful although room service wasn't available at all times. The rooms were clean and were very comfortable.

Overall, my stay at Blue Ocean Beach Resort was pretty enjoyable and I would definitely consider returning!

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled solo
Reviewed March 12, 2014 via mobile

My friend and I stayed here on the 5 night scoopon voucher. Luckily we only paid a cheap voucher rate, I would never pay the full rate.
We arrived quite late on the first night, we were advised we were on the 5th floor. There are no elevators and the man at the front desk initially was not going to help me with my suitcase. He eventually agreed to after I asked him to. Shouldn't this be offered? In general we found the staff to be incredibly rude and indifferent. They treated us as annoyances, you could tell they wish we'd go away so they could youtube, text and chat instead of assisting us. The front desk was horrible and confused. It took 6 hours for them to get us the only iron in the hotel. They refused to call a taxi for us, I had to walk up the road in a gown and heels on the way to a wedding to get a taxi. There was no phone manner, just "yep. Yep. Yep. *hangs up*" Staff snatched towels off us we were returning. The only polite staff were in the food area; the man who made the omelets was so lovely. However this was not enough to atone for the behavior of the entire staff.
I found the room to be really good. Nice, spacious, not too outdated. The view on the fifth floor was incredible, easily the best thing about our stay.
Apparently you can only get the wifi in the lobby but we also got in on our balcony, so try your luck.
Location-wise it is out of the way which I liked. I'm not a fan of the centre of Patong, this was nice and quiet. The private beach is beautiful if not a bit rocky for swimming. The pool is also worth a mention, nice view and nice area. Shame about the tacky seahorse blocking the view.
The breakfast buffet is basic at best. Number 1 on the room service menu is terrible. What I received did not match the menu description. The cocktails were basically lolly water. As others said, there are a lot of stairs in this resort. Good luck walking back from the buffet with a full belly. Gross and uncomfortable.
Chose somewhere else, honestly. A place where the staff appreciate their guests.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank Fleur A
Reviewed March 12, 2014

Awful place to stay, staff were not very helpful. Lots of sassy ness coming from reception, instead of greeting me with a lovely sawadeeka she continued to look down at me and gave me attitude on top of that snatched my towel as I was returning them. She was too busy on YouTube instead of helping guest. The only good reason for staying here is great views if you book the presidential Suite with great ocean views and gold barbells. The lovely gentleman who made my omelette was a morning delight - very friendly. Stay away other than that.

• Stayed: March 2014
Reviewed March 5, 2014

It is impossible to find a hotel in Patong that has its private beach like the blue ocean beach resort.
The staff was really nice and our rooms were really clean!
Patong beach is one of the busiest beaches in Phuket but this hotel is the only one that can offer a private beach which is something impossible to get in the island and surely gives a huge value to this incredible hotel and its unique location. There is also a pool right on the beach with a cool bar serving cocktails. The sun sets right in front of the private beach and can turn your holiday into a dream. I will definitely go back and will recommend this hotel to many friends! Really worth it!!

• Stayed: February 2014
2  Thank Isabella N
Reviewed February 26, 2014

Way out of patong despite their website. Can not get a taxi after 5 out there so was standard one night. Breakfast is a long hike down stairs then back up when you finish. Beach very average lots of rocks. I would not stay there again. As always the staff are friendly. Can not get room service after 8. We arrived in at 9 pm and had to go hungry for the night. AUSSIES CHOOSE ANOTHER

Room Tip: No good rooms here. Choose another hotel.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
BOresort, Manager at Blue Ocean Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded March 2, 2014

Dear Guest,

On behalf of the Blue Ocean Beach Resort, Tritrang group, we apologize for any of the inconveniences caused during your stay and would like to thank you for your comments.

We are currently trying very hard to improve our standards, and comments such as yours do help us get a better perspective.

There are sometimes misunderstandings between the blue ocean properties, but we do hope our guests reads its clearly about which property they have booked at.

This property is more for the people who want a little bit of a hideaway, but also not too far from the hassle. We also know many Aussies that loved staying here due to its peacefulness and the stunning views it has.

Again, very sorry for the inconveniences.

Regards