“Loved it”

Novotel Phuket Vintage Park
Ranked #10 of 331 Hotels in Patong
Reviewed September 12, 2013

Awesome hotel. Great pool, cheap drinks, lovely staff, great room. The ONLY hotel I will stay in Patong. Highly recommended.
Breakfast was great too. The room service is cheap and always arrivals hot. Short walk to the Gay night clubs and the straight ones too. but far enough away to be quite and not right in it. Love this place.

Room Tip: Get the pool access room, well worth it. The room was Awesome. !!!
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Mark_Aus88
NPVP, Manager at Novotel Phuket Vintage Park, responded to this reviewResponded September 13, 2013

Dear Mark_Aus88,
Thank you very much for this lovely review. Glad to read that you will only return in our property. It means a lot to us.
We appreciate your overall excellent experience with us and see that you found the Value for price paid to be outstanding.

Room Division Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (2,190)

Reviewed September 12, 2013

I stayed there from 4 sep - 11 sep, and it was great,and here I must first thank Hathaitip S, the Reservation Manager , who made my stay possible as there was some issue needed to sort out and she has been very helpful through e-mails on my request on the rooms and transportation, so Thank You .
As for the hotel itself, great location,far from the craziness but walking distance to every where, the beach , the mall, the food and night life, I didn't need to take any taxi , tuk tuk nor even taxibike while I stay in there, except for the hotel taxi I booked between the airport and the hotel of cos.
I arrived at the hotel very late at night , around 1 am or so, I was greeted with warm welcome and a refreshing welcome drink, but I was shock as I was asked for a $7000 thai for deposit as there was no mention of it to me before, but it's was late, I was tired and hungry , and luckily I did have the money, so I just paid the money, and I'll be sure to keep that in mind next time I come, anyway, the check in was fast and even upgraded my room, the bellboy was nice and quick to respond to carry my languages, told me things I needed to know about the hotel as we walk to my room, and the room was nice , big with a small baloney with pool view and very comfortable to stay in, the bad things of the room was the fridge, it was hot and empty when I check in, so I just order a can of coke with lots of ice along with the foods I order, and next day I got woken up a few times because of some construction work at the pool and the housekeeping lady knocked on my door at 10am because she wanna clean my room, but of cos I told her thank you and come back later , and for the next few days the pool construction work carry on, and the fridge was never cold enough, so I had to ask for a bucket of ice every night to drink with.
The pool was large with friendly pool bar staff, despite the construction noise, I stay there for a whole afternoon drinking and eating, and it was very cozy.
The staff there were all very friendly and helpful, communication was hardly a problem there, most of them speak fairly good english, Rose , the service manager, Dan, the security manager I met at the cocktail party was very nice ppl, and Maria , the reception staff, whom I also met in the cocktail party, she greeted me by my name every time we see each other in the hotel and asked how was my stay in the hotel, how was my holiday, on my last day just before I leave, we chat a little while I was waiting for my taxi, she is ,out of all the staff there was that I met was the best at making ppl feel warm and welcome there, which would be a real lost for the hotel if she is not around.
The other bad thing of the hotel was the food, the breakfast did have alot of selection, but some of the hot dish were cold, and I mean ice cold, especially the ham, sausage and even the bacon I did told the staff there and they did react immediately , and the eggs did not look fresh, the grill tomato was actually cherry tomato(wired), and one night I ordered a pizza, to my room, it did look good, but as I eat it , I realize there is no ketchup in it or there is so little , I just can't taste it or see it, but I finished it anyway, because I was very hungry after a few hours of walk around patong. and on one afternoon , I went down to have a late breakfast, I asked for a breakfast menu, which it took them almost 10 mins just to tell me there isn't one even though I was the only customer in the coffee shop, but they did offer me a full American Breakfast. so I took it. and honestly , it was not very good, I asked fro my omellete to be runny and not fully cooked , but it was fully cooked, and the whole portion of the breakfast was small, and the food was just warm, but since it took them that long to tell me there is no breakfast menu, not even a all day breakfast like many other hotels and restaurants in a tourist area, I just finish it, and as I was given my bill, no amount of charge was shown on the bill, so I thought maybe they just charge me as the breakfast buffet that's included in my room and even thought that would not cost much as the prices on the menu they show me was mostly low, so I just sign and left, but then I realize It was $443.5 thai including the $50 thai tips which is relatively very expensive to the prices of other food on the menu, as I look at the bill after I check out ( I know I should have check before, but my key did not work which delayed my check out time and it was raining really bad so I just wanna go to the airport ASAP and I would have never expect to pay much money for that bad small breakfast ), and that is the only reason I could not give it a 5 star even I did enjoy my stay there

Room Tip: Ask for a room with pool view, it's nice and comfy , very relaxing
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
NPVP, Manager at Novotel Phuket Vintage Park, responded to this reviewResponded September 12, 2013

Dear Andy C,
Thank you so much for this very constructive review about your recent stay with us. Glad to read and appreciate your comment about Ms. Hathaitip S (our Reservation Manager) for making your arrangement prior your arrival very easy. The reservation team is not often mentioned but their work is very important for the Front Office to ensure that every detail of your bookings is enter correctly. Thank you for that. Your nomination about Rose, Maria and Dan are also well noted.
The deposit upon check-in is a common practice for all the Major Hotel Chain in order to guarantee the extra charge that you may have during your stay. It can be made by credit card or by cash in your case. Nevertheless, your comment is duly noted and will think on to improve the way to inform our customers.
As for the food and beverage, I am very sorry that your experience in this area turns out to be negative. We are working on a new breakfast set up and menu and it should be implemented anytime soon. Also, for the room service, our executive chef will have a closer look to this issue.
We are taking the opportunity of the low season to have some necessary works done around the pool and we are very sorry for the disturbance.
We are indeed having a cocktail every Friday organized by our General Manager and it is the opportunity for the hotel Management to meet our customers. It allows us to know you better and having feedback about your experience with us.
Andy C, once again, thank you for your review and looking forward to welcome you back in your preferred resort for a 5 Star stay.

Reviewed September 11, 2013

the Novohotel is a good hotel. The location is great , not far from the main attractions of patong.c ' is a beautiful pool with bar.la breakfast buffet is quite good and abbondante.il staff is very friendly , especially Maria is a sweetheart .

• Stayed: September 2013

Dear Matteo P,
Thank you for your review on Tripadvisor and share your positive experience with us. Your compliment to Maria (Our Guest Relation Officer) will definitely pass on.

Reviewed September 10, 2013

My family (6 of us) arrived in the hotel on 25 Aug 2013 late in the evening. Counter staff (ladies, sorry I forgot their names) great us warmly and politely. One lady offered my familiy welcome drinks/ juices and the other one processed our check in. After completing the administration, the receptionist escorted us to show our room and she explained about hotel service and facilities.
We were very happy with the room, it was spacious enough for 3 of us per room. The swimming pool is a large pool with swim up bar. My kids like it very much. The restaurants / room service represent value for money.
The hotel is a 10 min walk from Jungceylon Centre and 5 minute walk to the beach. If you want, In the evening you can find many street food vendor/restaurant, seven eleven, etc. just outside of the hotel.
The Novotel Vintage Park has the goods to provide a memorable and enjoyable stay for my family. I will certainly be back in the near future.
(Efdinal - Jakarta, Indonesia)_

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Efdinal

Dear Efdinal,
First of all, I would like to thank you for your "Great" and "Excellent" review. Holiday is always an opportunity to travel in family and having a good time together. Glad to see that we have made yours, a one to remember.
Our swimming pool, location, the room and the service are the reasons that make us so unique in Patong. Do not hesitate to contact me directly for your next stay at h8099-rd@accor.com It will be my pleasure to assist you with any inquiries that you may have.

Reviewed September 8, 2013

Reviewed September 6, 2013

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
3  Thank An Accor traveler
NPVP, Manager at Novotel Phuket Vintage Park, responded to this reviewResponded September 6, 2013

Reviewed September 5, 2013

i came to phuket for 6 nights and 27 to31 aug i stayed in the senses hotel patong,
and then checked in this novatel vintage park hotel on 1 sep 2013 to 3 sep 2013,

compared with novatel 5 star hotel with the senses 4 star

1) when checked in no one to care us when compared to the senses hotel
2) hotel room is very small with no minibar and basic facilities compared to senses has a minibar and iphone ipod player.
3) 32 inches lcd tv with demo mode disturbing to watch they have purchased demo tvs for less price it shows sony option blocking the tv view some times up and down, i complained but they don't care and no proper reception and the senses hotel has 42inches led tv with good reception and minimum good channel for entertainment
4) swimming pool is big with murky and dirty water compared to senses clean sparkling water with roof top sea view
5)no transport service to jungcelyon mall and the senses provides 1 hour service till 6 pm transport to mall.
6) wifi very very slow at novatel and the senses hotel wifi is good
7) break fast caupachino coffee is chargeable at novatel with very average spread and the senses has choice of coffee at bar and decent spread very tasty.
8) sleep is bad i dont know why, sounds of banging doors no proper sleep
9) switches located in different places, senses has central switch control easy to operate

i paid 3 nights 26000inr at novatel and not satisfied with service and gave room with dirty garbage view when entering the room 2401 and i will be nevr back to your hotels located any where in the world, thankyou for your useless service

dear trip advisor users i reccommend the senses hotel, the senses 3 nights 15000 inr and 5 star service with very good hospilality.

Room Tip: useless hotel dont book room
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ranjith_11
NPVP, Manager at Novotel Phuket Vintage Park, responded to this reviewResponded September 5, 2013

Dear ranjith_11,
Thank you for taking time to review our resort on Tripadvisor and very sad to hear that your experience with us turn out to be negative compare to the Sense Resort from your point of view. We have just investigated your comments with our Management Team this morning.
First of all, I would say that the comparison cannot be made since we are a resort located in the heart of Patong with 303 rooms and the Sense is located on the Hill Side of Patong with only 116 rooms.
I also took the liberty to review your arrival on our CCTV system and everything looks fine. Our porter has greeting you and assist you with your luggage. Check-in took around 5 minutes and you were served our welcome drink and cold towels. Then our receptionist (follow by the porter) escorts you to the room and informs you about the hotel facilities.
Our Deluxe room is 38 sqm meters which is the standard size for this room category. As for the shuttle bus to Jungceylon, we are only 10 minutes walking distance which is impossible to do from the Sense.
ranjith_11, once again, the 2 resorts cannot be compared and it is up to the travelers to choose what is their needs and expectations in terms of location and facilities.

Thank you again for your review.