“Except the terrible service everything is okay”

Novotel Phuket Vintage Park
Ranked #7 of 319 Hotels in Patong
“Except the terrible service everything is okay”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2013

Same as above ie the service is very terrible the location is good hotel is good and the property is very beautiful the hotel lobby is without air-conditioning but very large and spacious the patong beach is five minutes walking distance from the hotel

• Stayed August 2013
2 Thank Vikastulsyan
NPVP, Manager at Novotel Phuket Vintage Park, responded to this review, September 4, 2013
Dear Vikastulsyan,
Thank you for your review and sorry to hear that you were disappointing with your service. As mentioned on the previous comment, we will have a closer look to this issue.
Our lobby is a real jewel and I feel always very impressed every time that I walk through. But I believed it is understandable that such a huge lobby in open air on each side is impossible to be air-con for environmental reason. Therefore, we took the decision to install fans only.
Hope to welcome you back and have the opportunity to serve you better.

Room Division Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (387)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
India
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2013

I must say, almost everything is wondoerful about this property. It is fairly large property ( not sure if largest in Phuket) with super large pool, wonderful restaurants & curio shops. The staff is very helpful & always smiling (land of Smiles). We stayed for 3 nights in superior room and I must say the choice of this room was paid of as it offered separate bed for the kid. The location is so suitable to reach almost everywere like Pattong Beach, Bangla Road etc by walking.

Room Tip: If travelling with family, please ask for Superior Room or Rooms with private Jacuzzi.The Superior r...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Dear avinashtrivedi72,
Thank you for your review and glad to see that we received the highest score from an experience traveler such as you. Our swimming pool is indeed the biggest in Patong area with a size of 2000 sqm. All the rooms in the hotel are equipped with a sofa which can be set as a bed for your children. Our location is indeed ideal as just 5 minutes from the beach and 10 minutes from the main shopping mall by walk. For your next stay, we can also recommend you our family room which have a main room for the parents and an additional room for your kids with their own TV and bathroom.

Delhi
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2013

First I would like to stay would have given 4 rating to the hotel except for the inefficiency of bell desk staff which took 40min - 2phone calls + 3 personal visits to there desk to ensure luggage arrives from room to lobby at 8am (hardly a peak hour).

Checkin - We arrived at 12 noon, got room keys 25 min later as one of the room was still not ready, stayed in 2402/2403 interconnected rooms. Lobby is nice open and airy which i like as most hotels are damp, closed and aircon. Pool is very large and you can enjoy the drinks at the pool bar, chilled beer was nicee.
Room - excellent view of the pool, Rooms are pretty decent size , very clean, daily housekeeping, comfy beds, very clean washroom with both bathtub and shower, good towels, overall no issues at all.
Food - Did not try any meal in hotel so will not be able to rate, dozens of variety food option with in 5-7min walk.
Location - Beach - 5min walk, night street - 8min walk, all facilities with in walking distance overall very good.
Suggestion to management - please do try to give more training to staff on promptness and need of customer, you are doing pretty good can improve with small changes a lot.

Room Tip: All rooms face pool go for level 4 or higher for good air.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Docvini
Dear Docvini,
Thank you for taking time to wrote this very complete and constructive review about your stay. I am really sorry about the inconvenience encounter upon your departure and hope that you will keep the positives side of your experience (such as our room, swimming pool and the location) with us as souvenir. Rest assured that our Front Office Manager will follow up this important point very carefully.
As you know, we just opened last year and our team is eager to learn and improve so all comments are very valuable for us. Hope that you will give the opportunity to have you stay with us once more in order for you to see the difference that will be happening.

Hong Kong
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 31, 2013

I had stayed at this property for only one night earlier in the year. I decided to stay there agin with 3 friends from Sydney when we visited Patong last week. I had booked a pool access villa, upon check i discovered at there was construction going on in th spool area and that the pool water was very clouded and that the debris from pools work was being pushed into my corner pool villa. I could not access the pool through this dirt and muck so I asked them to move rooms. I was told that there were no other rooms available and I would be moved the next day. Then I noticed in my room that there was a large dirt stain on the bed spread and the pillow case seemed to have mold on it. I called for housekeeping and 5 attendants promptly changed my bed lined. All good but this room should of been checked for cleanliness before I checked in. After being moved to new pool room I accessed the pool for a swim the next day only to find out that when I returned to the room that my door to access the pool had been locked by house keeping and I could not access the room. My friends that were still by the pool asked a staff member to come and let me back in only to be told that it is their policy to lock the door if left open. Well maybe they should check to see if the occupant is still in the pool. I suggest that if you do access the pool to lock the front door with latch so hose keeping can not access the room and loc you out. I understand that it is for your own security but how stupid do they think I am that I would not keep an eye in my room from the pool.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Craig M
NPVP, General Manager at Novotel Phuket Vintage Park, responded to this review, September 3, 2013
Dear Craig M,
Thank you for your review. We are sorry that our housekeeping staff locked your balcony door of your private jacuzzi after cleaning your room.
As both our Executive Housekeeper and Guest Service Manager reported the duvet had been stained by your suitcase having been placed on the bed. It is well noted that our staff swiftly replaced the soiled linen.
We really hope to welcome you a third time and do not hesitate to contact us.

With the kindest regards

Herve Duprat
Albion Park, New South Wales, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 30, 2013

Our stay was excellent
Our rooms were very clean & very comfortable the staff were beyond belief so helpful always there for whatever they could do for us
The beautiful pool & the young men & women from the pool swim up bar Well what can I say they were more like fiends than staff especially Alexander what a pleasure to meet such a beautiful well mannered young man
Thank you all for such a great holiday. Nicholas , Michiel, Dan,jar.

Room Tip: 5212. Large balcony 5215 large balcony. These rooms are close to everything
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank Marie K
NPVP, Manager at Novotel Phuket Vintage Park, responded to this review, August 31, 2013
Dear Marie K,
It was indeed a great pleasure to have you staying with us and glad to hear that you have more than enjoyed your stay with us. Our aim is to welcome our customers to our hotel like we were welcoming our family into our home and I am proud to see that you have this exact impression.
Let us know as soon as you have your next holiday in Phuket plan and it will be my pleasure to assist you with your booking arrangement.

Hong Kong, China
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 30, 2013

went to stay at this hotel last week for 3 days, The hotel itself was so lovely, staff, food, - huge swimming pool.. easy to go to city center , e.g Bangla road. great to explore nightlife, dine and hang out.
Love to be back can't wait

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank simon421
NPVP, Manager at Novotel Phuket Vintage Park, responded to this review, August 30, 2013
Dear simon421,
Glad to hear that your stay with us went very well. You have mentioned 3 of our main attractions: The Pool, the location and the staffs.