“Great location and wonderful staff”

Novotel Phuket Vintage Park
Ranked #10 of 331 Hotels in Patong
Reviewed August 18, 2012

We were unexpectedly in Phuket due to a family member being hospitalised there. the room was really spacious, comfortable bed and a great big shower. i have to thank the Front team and manager for her assistance and flexibility withour constantly extending stay.The use of the free MACS and wifi was really helpful especially in our circumstances. The food for the restaurant was really good and they were so helpful arranging takeaway meals for me to take back to the hospital. The one relaxing time for me was at the pool and it is one of the best we have been in in years of travelling. We also were so impressed and happy to be so looked after by Lecylyn,Patricio,Ariel and Belle in the pool Bar who's lovely conversation,service and care was really appreciated in a hugely stressful time. We look forward to returning with our young family members for real holiday!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Write a ReviewReviews (2,190)

Reviewed August 17, 2012

If you want the best Quality/Price hotel in Patong.... This is the one! It's new & very clean! Walking distance to Bangla Road, you can't have better! Pool is amazing, Rooms are modern and great! Food is excellent!!!!!!!!!! All the staff are very friendly, helpful and proffessional! It's the second time i went there and i will return again...

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
6  Thank Thaiger1
Reviewed August 16, 2012

We went on holiday with my hubby and 2 kids 2 weeks ago and stayed for 3 nights. The room is spacious with comfy beds and big shower area. However, the room we stayed in has alot of ants and on the night before we check out while packing our things, we discovered that 1 of our luggages was infested with ants. We had a hard time cleaning up our luggage. This is one of the major "negative" thing about the hotel room. You can see ants crawling around especially in the bathroom. The hotel will have to look into the cleanliness and maintenance of the rooms as it is still such a new hotel, less than a year old.

Swimming pool was great and my kids enjoyed themselves. Staffs at the hotel are generally friendly. Location is convenient, just minutes of walk away from the shopping mall and night life district.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Herve D, General Manager at Novotel Phuket Vintage Park, responded to this reviewResponded August 17, 2012

Dear Japh
Thank you very much for your positive review and we are happy to read that you enjoyed your stay with us
Despite our constant concern and pest control disinfestations of our rooms and public areas, it appears that some of our Guests stock raw food and fruits in their room and minibars. We are currently looking at solution to avoid such practices. We will inform our Guests upon check-in and also consider some signage inside our rooms.
Once again, thank you for your feedbacks and we hope to see you soon again

Reviewed August 16, 2012

It is true that it is still under construction however we where not phased. We had a poor experience at the Phuket Novotel Resort which drove us to check out. It was the best thing we did as once we arrived to the Novotel VP we where immediately transported into a feeling of being on holiday.

The Manager stepped up and made sure we where looked after. And indeed we where. Pool side rooms with a jacuzzi where the icing on the cake. I highly recommend these rooms if you can spend the extra 1200 Baht per night ;) The name of the hotel is very off putting. The term "Vintage Park" unfortunately does not resonate with the building at all.

Don't be put of by the name and do some research. There are plenty of photos out there. The food was definitely catered for westerners however was quite palatable. If your looking for a good time. Head to the pool area; Got some music on your iPhone you wish you could listen too? No problem! The staff are very willing to let you plug your iPhone in and let you enjoy your music. That's assuming it is commercially accepted and not some basement underground movement music that only 40 people in thee world will appreciate.

Overall a great experience and relaxing holiday. Seriously. With Bangla Road;Patong Beach and Tiger Pool Hall and more islands than you can count all at your fingertips. What more do you want. I hear there is a $400'000 baht a night place available somewhere if you want your but licked and hair groomed while you sleep. PVP is for the young ones. Not many old people there. Unlike Phuket Resort which had awful service and felt like a retirement village. Anyway book your room for two adults if your going single rooms with your friends. Just in case you want to enjoy some of the local delicacies.

The only reason I didn't give 5 stars is because it is only 90% complete and the reality is there is a little banging and knocking going on during the day but as I said we where never phased by it.

Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 15, 2012

The rooms were nice, well-appointed and the bed was comfortable, not as hard as I usually experience in Thailand. No DVD, however lots of channels inc sport and movies to choose from. The walls were not very soundproofed and I could often hear the people in the next room. Small fridge – which was empty. I actually like this as I can fill it up with drinks that we have bought and not have to take out or move around drinks etc that are already there.
My main two disappointments were breakfast and the housekeeping.
After we had settled in, I rang housekeeping to make up the couch for us. After several hours and after returning from dinner it had still not been made up, so I rang housekeeping again – who told me to ring 5 (which turned out to be reception) Reception then told me I should ring Housekeeping. By now it was about 10.30pm and I just asked reception to sort it out. A girl arrived 15 minutes later and made up the bed on the couch, I thanked her and she left. When I looked more closely she had made up the couch with no sheet – just a doona and pillow! By this time we couldn’t be bothered ringing anyone anymore, so my daughter just slept on the bare couch – as the hotel was so new at least the couch was really clean! Not good for the hotels furniture though. The next day when the room was cleaned - the couch was made up properly with a sheet :)
We enjoyed our stay, in particular the pool, though won’t return. Vintage Park, as I mentioned was too big and when all rooms are up and running I imagine will be way too busy for us.

My family of three Stayed at Vintage Park for four nights in August. Overall it was an average experience. The pool is fantastic, huge and kept at great temperature – not too cold. The Pool bar staff were excellent did a great job and were friendly in particular Patrio and Leslie. Reception staff were good and our room was ready in about 15 minutes despite the fact we were checking in a few hours early. The hotel is central and close to all Patong has to offer and a short walk to the beach, however it was a bit too big for me personally, and balconies for a beach hotel are way too small with a single chair on each, not very relaxing. We had a Pool access room and the balcony was not much bigger - with the same single wooden chair, so if you wanted to lie down you would have to leave the balcony and find a lounge chair on the opposite side of the pool – sort of defeating the purpose of having a pool access room. The rooms were nice, well-appointed and the bed was comfortable, not as hard as I usually experience in Thailand. No DVD, however lots of channels inc sport and movies to choose from. The walls were not very soundproofed and I could often hear the people in the next room. Small fridge – which was empty. I actually like this as I can fill it up with drinks that we have bought and not have to take out or move around the stuff that is already there. My main two disappointments were breakfast and the housekeeping. Buffet breakfast was average with a fair variety of both western and Asian styles – however it was all luke warm to cold, even fresh food being bought out by a chef from the kitchen was just luke warm. I normally love a buffet breakfast but this one was just ok, same thing every day. Housekeeping was poor. I booked for an additional person in our room and when we arrived the extra bed had not been made up - this occasionally happens. After we had settled in, I rang housekeeping to make up the couch for us. After several hours and after returning from dinner it had still not been made up, so I rang housekeeping again – who told me to ring 5 (which turned out to be reception) Reception then told me I should have rung Housekeeping. By now it was about 10.30pm and I just asked reception to sort it out. A girl arrived 15 minutes later and made up the bed on the couch, I thanked her and she left. When I looked more closely she had made up the couch with no sheet – just a doona and pillow! By this time we couldn’t be bothered ringing anyone anymore, so my daughter just slept on the bare couch – as the hotel was so new at least the couch was really clean! Not good for the hotels furniture though. The next day when the room was cleaned - the couch was made up properly with a sheet :)
We enjoyed our stay, in particular the pool, though won’t return. It as I mentioned was too big and when all rooms are up and running I imagine will be way too busy for us.

1  Thank Jennifer S
Reviewed August 15, 2012

Excellent 4 nights stay. Everything was 5 star. Swimming pool was amazing. Nice & new.

We had a great time. Staff were very friendly. Best place to stay if you want to stay close to Patong area.

Loved it.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank n_singh_11
Reviewed August 14, 2012

I have stayed at many good Novotels in Bangkok (Ploenchit, Platinum), but the Novotel Phuket Vintage was a bit disappointing, mainly for the noise, gym and food selections. I was checked in into a room directly opposite to a workshop where there was contstand hammering noise from 8am. The staff relocated me to a different room, which was better but still noisy, and not good for a relaxing holiday sleep. But I guess Patong is also a Party place where people do not care too much about noise so I may be a bit too critical here. The breakfast was clearly disappointing at 20usd, with not many choices and many plates empty. Same is true for evening buffets which were a bit thin and relatively expensive. The taste was adjusted to Western tourists. The gym only has one treadmill and is not supervised.

Room Tip: Please take a look where the construction is to sleep longer than 8am