“Service with a smile” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #7 of 319 Hotels in Patong
Sydney, Australia
“Service with a smile”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 16, 2012

It is true that it is still under construction however we where not phased. We had a poor experience at the Phuket Novotel Resort which drove us to check out. It was the best thing we did as once we arrived to the Novotel VP we where immediately transported into a feeling of being on holiday.

The Manager stepped up and made sure we where looked after. And indeed we where. Pool side rooms with a jacuzzi where the icing on the cake. I highly recommend these rooms if you can spend the extra 1200 Baht per night ;) The name of the hotel is very off putting. The term "Vintage Park" unfortunately does not resonate with the building at all.

Don't be put of by the name and do some research. There are plenty of photos out there. The food was definitely catered for westerners however was quite palatable. If your looking for a good time. Head to the pool area; Got some music on your iPhone you wish you could listen too? No problem! The staff are very willing to let you plug your iPhone in and let you enjoy your music. That's assuming it is commercially accepted and not some basement underground movement music that only 40 people in thee world will appreciate.

Overall a great experience and relaxing holiday. Seriously. With Bangla Road;Patong Beach and Tiger Pool Hall and more islands than you can count all at your fingertips. What more do you want. I hear there is a $400'000 baht a night place available somewhere if you want your but licked and hair groomed while you sleep. PVP is for the young ones. Not many old people there. Unlike Phuket Resort which had awful service and felt like a retirement village. Anyway book your room for two adults if your going single rooms with your friends. Just in case you want to enjoy some of the local delicacies.

The only reason I didn't give 5 stars is because it is only 90% complete and the reality is there is a little banging and knocking going on during the day but as I said we where never phased by it.

Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (381)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Be
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 15, 2012

The rooms were nice, well-appointed and the bed was comfortable, not as hard as I usually experience in Thailand. No DVD, however lots of channels inc sport and movies to choose from. The walls were not very soundproofed and I could often hear the people in the next room. Small fridge – which was empty. I actually like this as I can fill it up with drinks that we have bought and not have to take out or move around drinks etc that are already there.
My main two disappointments were breakfast and the housekeeping.
After we had settled in, I rang housekeeping to make up the couch for us. After several hours and after returning from dinner it had still not been made up, so I rang housekeeping again – who told me to ring 5 (which turned out to be reception) Reception then told me I should ring Housekeeping. By now it was about 10.30pm and I just asked reception to sort it out. A girl arrived 15 minutes later and made up the bed on the couch, I thanked her and she left. When I looked more closely she had made up the couch with no sheet – just a doona and pillow! By this time we couldn’t be bothered ringing anyone anymore, so my daughter just slept on the bare couch – as the hotel was so new at least the couch was really clean! Not good for the hotels furniture though. The next day when the room was cleaned - the couch was made up properly with a sheet :)
We enjoyed our stay, in particular the pool, though won’t return. Vintage Park, as I mentioned was too big and when all rooms are up and running I imagine will be way too busy for us.

My family of three Stayed at Vintage Park for four nights in August. Overall it was an average experience. The pool is fantastic, huge and kept at great temperature – not too cold. The Pool bar staff were excellent did a great job and were friendly in particular Patrio and Leslie. Reception staff were good and our room was ready in about 15 minutes despite the fact we were checking in a few hours early. The hotel is central and close to all Patong has to offer and a short walk to the beach, however it was a bit too big for me personally, and balconies for a beach hotel are way too small with a single chair on each, not very relaxing. We had a Pool access room and the balcony was not much bigger - with the same single wooden chair, so if you wanted to lie down you would have to leave the balcony and find a lounge chair on the opposite side of the pool – sort of defeating the purpose of having a pool access room. The rooms were nice, well-appointed and the bed was comfortable, not as hard as I usually experience in Thailand. No DVD, however lots of channels inc sport and movies to choose from. The walls were not very soundproofed and I could often hear the people in the next room. Small fridge – which was empty. I actually like this as I can fill it up with drinks that we have bought and not have to take out or move around the stuff that is already there. My main two disappointments were breakfast and the housekeeping. Buffet breakfast was average with a fair variety of both western and Asian styles – however it was all luke warm to cold, even fresh food being bought out by a chef from the kitchen was just luke warm. I normally love a buffet breakfast but this one was just ok, same thing every day. Housekeeping was poor. I booked for an additional person in our room and when we arrived the extra bed had not been made up - this occasionally happens. After we had settled in, I rang housekeeping to make up the couch for us. After several hours and after returning from dinner it had still not been made up, so I rang housekeeping again – who told me to ring 5 (which turned out to be reception) Reception then told me I should have rung Housekeeping. By now it was about 10.30pm and I just asked reception to sort it out. A girl arrived 15 minutes later and made up the bed on the couch, I thanked her and she left. When I looked more closely she had made up the couch with no sheet – just a doona and pillow! By this time we couldn’t be bothered ringing anyone anymore, so my daughter just slept on the bare couch – as the hotel was so new at least the couch was really clean! Not good for the hotels furniture though. The next day when the room was cleaned - the couch was made up properly with a sheet :)
We enjoyed our stay, in particular the pool, though won’t return. It as I mentioned was too big and when all rooms are up and running I imagine will be way too busy for us.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Jennifer S
rooty hill
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 15, 2012

Excellent 4 nights stay. Everything was 5 star. Swimming pool was amazing. Nice & new.

We had a great time. Staff were very friendly. Best place to stay if you want to stay close to Patong area.

Loved it.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank n_singh_11
Berlin, Germany
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 14, 2012

I have stayed at many good Novotels in Bangkok (Ploenchit, Platinum), but the Novotel Phuket Vintage was a bit disappointing, mainly for the noise, gym and food selections. I was checked in into a room directly opposite to a workshop where there was contstand hammering noise from 8am. The staff relocated me to a different room, which was better but still noisy, and not good for a relaxing holiday sleep. But I guess Patong is also a Party place where people do not care too much about noise so I may be a bit too critical here. The breakfast was clearly disappointing at 20usd, with not many choices and many plates empty. Same is true for evening buffets which were a bit thin and relatively expensive. The taste was adjusted to Western tourists. The gym only has one treadmill and is not supervised.

Room Tip: Please take a look where the construction is to sleep longer than 8am
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank 162Markus
wollongong
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 12, 2012

This hotel opened its doors in April 2012 and we stayed there for 10 nights in June/July this year. There was still a lot of construction work going on around us in and out of the hotel, maybe they should have delayed the opening for a couple of months as these were a lot of rooms being fitted out, so a bit on the noisy side due to this also a lot of builders dust and rubble lying around. Regardless of this we had a great time there, the rooms were spacious and the pool was large enough to give you the impression that you were staying at a resort. The hotel is very central to everything including main beach, Big C Shopping Centre and bars etc. food was great and the staff were fantastic especially in the day spa. You do however need some patience with the staff as most of them they dont speak English all that well. Would stay there again.

Room Tip: Dont get the pool side ground floor rooms that have direct access to the pool, not real safe for kid...
New Zealand
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 8, 2012

My family and I recently stayed at Novotel Vintage Park and throughly enjoyed our stay. When we arrived we had a few teething problems with sorting Interconnecting rooms but this is nothing new and happens everywhere we have stayed over past 10years. Rooms finally sorted, obviously brand new and in good condition, large bathroom and probably one of the most comfortable 'asian' beds we have ever slept on, so well done!
We found all the staff to be of an excellent level, front office, housekeeping and restaurant staff all super friendly and more than obliging. The staff try very hard to learn your names and make that special effort to really make you feel welcome, special thanks to 'Charm' for her friendship and kindness.
We stayed from July 4th -20th and although we arrived to some heavy rain for a few days which took a lot of the heat out of the pool but once the sun came out the pool heated up and many hours were spent in there. Lots of great eateries across the road and within easy walking distance although we found for the first time, and we have stayed at many properties in Phuket, that the prices in the resort restaurant and also poolside were actually the best we had seen, great food which was well priced. Great to finally see a property realising if they charge reasonable prices for food then guests will stay and dine there.

(pool staff need to promote this feature more than they do by coming and asking if guests want to order food/drinks opposed to guests chasing them down)

Overall, a great property although was only half finished and only just over 100 rooms were operating (300 in total) will be a busy property in the future I imagine when it is running at full capacity.

Room Tip: Interconnecting rooms make life easy for families so would recommend booking one of these, must stip...
Brisbane
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 7, 2012

My family had the pleasure of staying 9 nights at Novotel Vintage Park from 22nd to 31st July 2012. We were staying for a well deserved break with my family of 3. (2 adults & 1 child 3.5 years) This is our 3rd holiday at Patong Beach & 4th trip to Thailand.

We arrived at midday & check-in was smooth. Our room was available prior to the 2pm check in time so we were lucky we could ditch our gear & jump into the awesome pool.

We booked Superior Twin Room which I had purchased via Accor website when they had a recent sale on. The room cost $ 65 AUS which includes buffet breke x 3. The room was great, the beds are more like a 3/4 double x 2 so our 3 year old was comfortable sleeping in existing bedding. The room consisted of 2 beds, 1 daybed, 1 writing desk, 1 flatscreen tv, safe, small frige, bathroom & a small balcony which had a good secure lock & the railings were child friendly. We were on the second floor which was not too high for our 3 yr old. Very happy with the room - no issues there.

I found the facilities at Novotel were awesome, the pool is the highlight 1.4 metres depth for adults & we loved relaxing in the bubble/spa section with seats in a particular area. Kids were well catered for with a pool about 30 - 40 cm deep & also a shallow section off the main pool for the real young ones. The pool was clean & well maintained. The swim up pool bar has a good selection of food & not much dearer than street prices plus 2 for 1 happy hour from 4 - 6pm makes the afternoon drinks very attractive. We used the new gym & a circuit class. We did not book any sessions at the kids corner for our 3 yr old however we did go in there from time to time so our little one could play with the toys etc. There is also a hair salon, minimart & massage centre. The free 15 minute massage was great. There was also a nightly duo singing at the lobby lounge however we did not get around to spending any time there. The main restaurant was fab, the buffet breke was good. We ate at the hotel restaurant for my husbands birthday & our meals were fantastic. We did not order any room service during this stay.

Great Location 10 tin to Bangla Rd/Jungceylon & 5 min walk to the beach.

We could hear construction on a few occassions however nothing to worry about and only for a short period of time (during day)

Lastly, I would like to mention the extraordinary staff, they truely made our stay at Novotel Vintage Park the best ever. Our little girl loved them (as we did also) and I would like to make special mention to Tosh, Jacquie Lou, Charm, Hannah, Rebecca, Lucerne, Stephen, Hexellun, Patrio & Ariel....you were all awesome and we miss your beautiful smiling faces each day.

Will definately return to the Novotel Vintage Park and can't wait to see the family rooms once they are complete.

Room Tip: If you have children ask for ground or first floor as some of the levels are quite high
5 Thank Twistybne