“Nice hotel”

Ranked #8 of 321 Hotels in Patong
Phillip Island, Australia
“Nice hotel”
Reviewed June 23, 2012

We recently stayed for 5 nights. We had booked a standard room, but on arrival we were upgraded to a deluxe. The rooms are lovely, with a very small balcony. The batroom well appointed with a spacious shower and seperate corner bath. Of course everything is clean and fresh as it is brand new. We liked the turndown service at nght and the fact that they replaced wet washcloths.
The breakfast was good with lots of choice, a special thanks to Tosh in the restaurant....every morning he would make our little boy Noah the best hot chocolate in the world! He is very pleasant and excellent at his job as is Krystal in the kids club.
I had a massage at the spa and it was wonderful. They had a 50% off special ( I wouldn't have paid full price though.....very pricey)
The pool area is something special, really big, nice and clean, plenty of sunbeds and umbrellas.
My only gripe about this place was the fact that our very special Thail friend came to see us by the pool and went for a swim with us and one of the Filipino staff (really sorry, can't remember her name-very sour looking) rudely told us he had to leave or pay 1000 baht to swim!!!!! We have never heard anything so ludicrous in our lives. Our friend was made to feel uncomfortable and we were really annoyed. We were in THAILAND remember, not Australia or the Filippines for that matter.....
He did not come into our room, he simply sat by the pool and took a swim. There was hardly anyone around at the time and he certainly wasn't offending anyone......
What seemed to get overlooked was the 4 Aussie girls drinking all day at the pool bar flashing there boobs at people..........
I don't get it.
This was almost enough to really spoil our time at the Novotel, so my husband asked to speak to the manager or otherwise we would cancel the other 2 bookings we had made for Sept (for friends) and Jan (for family).
She promptly arrived and said the staff had made a mistake.......and that our friend could swim and pay maybe a few hundred baht. But the damage was already done...too late.
I asked if my sister and children had come for a swim would they be charged 1000 baht each or was it the fact that our friend was THAI.....she could not answer this.

Overall the hotel was still not finished, but the pool and rooms are nice (noisy with people slamming doors) though. I personally would not like to stay in high season as it would be very busy. Would I stay again, probably not!! Although location is great!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank parkers

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (401)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed June 23, 2012

We stayed here in may for 2 weeks. First arrived, it was the Wow factor... Filipino & thai staff fantastic... Very helpful, polite & funny. We had two rooms next to each other on level 6 when we arrived. Our air con kept on breaking down so we were moved & upgraded to a deluxe room on the 5th level. This ment away from my children & closer to the noisy workers during the day, I.e using power tools & banging. Not good. Alittle annoyed. The most disappointing part was, the walls were paper thin... We could hear the people next door.. Coughing, talking & there tv blasting. You could never have a quiet night when the room was occupied next door nor sleep in because of the workers... We did our washing down the road because there washing service was too expensive..... The food was great & the kids club was operating even though my son was the only child there... Thank you to crystal... The pool is fantastic... Great swim up bar... Happy hour great.... Beautiful resort overall... Great location, 10 mins to the mall & 5 mins to the beach. Stay away from the guys on the scooters when your walking up the road, they will come up to you & try & give you a scratchie, they are selling, "Holidays" It's a scam.... On checking out we were disgusted when the male staff member asked us to finalize our accomodation bill.., what bill?"we had paid previously prior to arrival... & to tell us No, I believe my girls...... Sorry owner but we NOT paying twice.... He checked & come back & said ok, No apology.... Rude...... Overall "Novotel", my children loved the resort & was great for our family vacation, memories & experiences. You did provide excellent service.. Thank you.
Lisa.

• Stayed May 2012
3 Thank Beduhn77
Melbourne
Reviewed June 20, 2012

Give this Hotel a chance. Now nearing completion with minimal interference to guests and as compensation some excellent rates are available on Accor website. Food is outstanding and very well priced.Free Internet has good reception. Both the Thai and Philipine staff offer excellent service. Well located only 10 minutes walk to Junge Celeyon and Bangla road, 5 minutes to beach. Enormous pool is the centre piece of the hotel, plenty of room for guests to swim or play. If you are prepared for occasional noise and disruption during daylight hours you will get greet value for money and a very enjoyable experience.

Room Tip: Pay a little more and enjoy the swim out room with outside spa.
5 Thank Bruno035
Bendigo, Australia
Reviewed June 17, 2012

We stayed here in June, and we were travelling with 10 guests in total. I would have to say was one of the best resorts we have stayed in. The pool was huge, food was outstanding, but most of all the Filipino staff at the pool bar and the restaurant, and day spa were outstanding. They made our stay one to remember, and our children have gained many happy memories from these staff members.

I would highly recommend this hotel to everyone. Its affordable, the food at the restaurant was priced the same as on the street, and the elegant day spa was a third of what we would pay here in Australia, amazing massages.

I went with low expectations as it was only new and work still going on, but have to say was super impressed.

If I had to comment negatively, I would have to say that the reception at front of house needs improvment. Put the awesome filipino staff members there, and you will have much better results.

We were emailed 8pm the night before check-in to be told that our family room was not finished, and we would all have to squeeze into one room. I had to ring Thailand and try to explain myself for half an hour how it was not fair to put me into one room with 2 adults and 3 children at the last minute. Anyway, they said after much confusion that they would give me two rooms interconnecting so I was happy with that.

We checked in at midnight, with 3 kids very tired and grumpy from travelling all day, and it took about an hour to check in. They looked so lost and unsure. I felt the staff were also not too friendly, but understand they are probably all learning at this new hotel.

If I was to return to Phuket, I would return here again without a doubt.

6 Thank sonky
Patong, Thailand
Reviewed June 16, 2012

This is a new hotel not to be confused with the Novotel overlooking the beach in Patong on the hillside. The hotel is still under construction and has been open for 2 months. We stayed here with my parents and my family (3 children) The pool is fantastic, one of the largest pools I have ever seen with a massive pool bar which we all made great use off and had a really enjoyable time.

We had dinner there which was okay but not great 3/5. Staff on pool side and restaurant were very friendly.

However, I could not say the same for the staff at the front desk.

When checking onto the hotel , I asked if the hotel could contact the other Novotel in Patong to cancel our booking as we preferred this new hotel because of the fantastic pool. I was advised they could not do this and that I had to call myself as the two Novotel's were owned by different people(not my problem I was staying at the brand Novotel). I advised that on holidays I do not carry a cell/mobile phone. There was little point arguing as only had to pay the reception 15baht to make a phone call. Not the point,  poor service!

On check out we were advised that a coffee cup was missing from my parents room and we would have to pay. After a little arguing over 150baht they said that would pay for it unhappily. I left the hotel feeling totally pissed off. They need to seriously learn how to treat customers. The lady at the front was very rude through this process explaining that the room staff do a room stock take before guests check in putting the blame back to us. We never used the coffee cups or glasses on the room!

Nice hotel but would not go back due to poor / slack service.

Room Tip: Not close to construction. Full of Mozzies
2 Thank Kim H
, Guest Relations Manager at Novotel Phuket Vintage Park, responded to this review, June 22, 2012
Dear Mr Kim,
Thank you for taking the time for sharing your experience and indeed our pool with more than 2,000 sqm is the largest in Patong and the pool bar is from far the biggest. We also pride ourselves of displaying the widest lobby in Patong as well as huge open-air parking facilities.
We appreciate your comments on our Food and beverage services and staff and will definitely relay your satisfaction to the team.
Please accept our apologies for not having more helpful in your booking cancellation for another property. As the matter of fact it is not convenient for a hotel to cancel another hotel on the guest behalf, especially when reservations have been pre-paid or made through an agency.
Finally, we have reviewed our check-out procedures to avoid the always uncomfortable experience of dealing with missing or broken items from the room
We hope you will give us another chance to serve you better and do not hesitate to contact us directly in the future.
With best regards
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed June 16, 2012

Booked in on the 23rd May for a week at the new Novotel Phuket VintagePark. Our intention was to rate this new hotel.
Our booking was confirmed - very spacious room...bla bla..bla. Arrived at 11pm and tried to check in. Staff looked completely lost, after 15mns we were told that our room had been given out as we were not on the check-in list for the day.

Finally got relocated to the Marriot and told to sort out our problem with the Accor Group ?

Very dissapointed, we'd chosen this hotel for it's location, car park and facilities ... If we wanted to stay at the Marriot we would have booked it in the first instance.

Room Tip: This hotel is not finished .
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank voyagevoyage40
Dear Guest
We would like to apologize for not having been able to accommodate you in our Property and we understand your disappointment despite all our efforts to keep you with us
We would appreciate you giving us another chance and to this end please kindly contact us directly so we can organize your next stay to the best condition possible
With best regards
Perth, Australia
Reviewed June 12, 2012

Stayed at this hotel for two nights in June. Booked a family room as we are travelling with a toddler and wanted separate rooms. When we arrived at check in, we were told these rooms are now under construction so not available. So next option they offered was two interconnecting deluxe rooms which was with us. Oops...none available! So we ended up being offered two rooms next to each other which we declined as this was not safe enough for us. End result was that we ended up in one room and we given a discount a free breakfast. So this was quite a disappointing start. The room was finished only the day before, and very nicely furnished. Happy with the room. However I am a light sleeper and to my horror the construction work that was ongoing at the hotel was very close to our room, and the sound of the power tools kept on going to well after midnight which was incredibly frustrating for me trying to get to sleep. Luckily my toddler and husband not such light sleepers so they were ok, otherwise I would have been demanding a room change. we also had no hot water in our room, although this not such a big problem in thailand to have hot water! Breakfast was ok, but nothing to rave about, a reasonable selection to choose from. Location was the best part about this hotel.
On a positive note, the spa was nice, pool was beautiful, and in general the staff were fantastic.

2 Thank cl_gr
NovotelPhuketVintage, Guest Relations Manager at Novotel Phuket Vintage Park, responded to this review, June 14, 2012
Thank you very much for taking the time to review our property and we are happy to read that you have been satisfied with our Spa, beautiful pool and fantastic staff.
We would like to apologize for the room assignment mistake and we have reminded our agents to ensure that our Family rooms are not offered until they are actually ready. It seems that our Front Office staff managed to provide adequate rooms and thank you for having accepted our alternatives.
We have asked our neighbor to keep their construction work nuisance to a minimum and follow strict working time from 09:00 to 17:00, as we do.
We hope to see you again.