“patong 2012”

Ranked #166 of 319 Hotels in Patong
malaysia
“patong 2012”
Reviewed November 5, 2012

was staying in this hotel for 4 night ( 16th till 19th oct 2012 ). is pretty close to bangla raod and all shopping centre as well.
got a swimming pool at the top of the hotel :0) will stay there again for my next trip to phuket patong :0)

Room Tip: this hotel come with a safe deposit box in their rooms.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
HotelHemingways, Manager at Patong Hemingway's Hotel, responded to this review, December 19, 2012
Dear Patrick,
I was nice to read your kind review and If I may say so a very balanced one too. Thanks for the info on the problems with your television, I would encourage any guest staying at the hotel if the have a problem even a small one, please let the management know, Your comment about lack of space for toiletries has been noted and we are planning to install additional shelf next to the mirror. Let me know if you return to stay with us.
Victor

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
United States
Reviewed November 3, 2012

I have stayed in Phuket, Patong Beach, several times and must give a good score to Patong Hemingway Hotel. There are mostly good things about this hotel, a few minor points, but read on and judge for yourself. First I traveled here in low season and got a very good rate, about 32USD per night, no breakfast. That was an additional fee so I declined. Some hotels don't give you a choice. I wake up too late to eat breakfast. I did eat dinner there and found the food and service was very good. It is not on the main road, so you can't people watch like you can if you eat on Soi Sansabai.

Back to hotel, check in was fast and efficient. I arrived 7PM and my room was ready and waiting. This hotel uses an electronic key card. Some other hotels use metal keys, usually attached to big key chains. So you either have to lug around a big key or leave it at the front desk. Electronic key cards are a great since it easily fits in pocket or wallet.

When I entered the room, it was clean and well laid out. It had a king size bed, two pillows, and was comfortable to sleep on. There was a flat screen TV. It had many channels, but for some reason, most of the channels were fuzzy. You could see it and hear perfectly, but there was some kind of static. I didn't watch much, so I did not inform the front desk.

The room had a mini bar with several drinks, coffee maker, good sized closet. The room had am umbrella too. Most hotels at this price don't so nice touch. One minor point about amenitieis was the hotel safe. It was not big enough to hold my 15 inch laptop. Mine was just big enough for my 7 inch tablet. I doubt an Ipad would fit. But I did not have security issues since I get to keep my ket :).

The bathroom was a good size with a walk in shower. The shower is next to toilet and only uses a shower curtain, so the space in front of the toilet can get a little wet. There was good water pressure and the it was hot. The sink did not have hot water, but I find this typical of most hotels. It makes shaving a bit tougher, but oh well. One thing I wish is for more shelving space around the sink to hold toiletries. You know, toothbrush, shaving creams, etc. The shower also had limited space, so I had to put my own stuff on the floor. The hotel does provide their own soap dispenser. I just like to use my own stuff.

The room had a small balcony with some racks to hold wet clothes. One negative point, was the rooms on the back side of the hotel are about 2 meters from the adjacent building. This means the room gets a small amount of sunlight in the day time. It just makes the room seem dark, even at 3 in the afternoon. And there is zero view. I glanced at the rooms on the other side and they looked much brighter and better.

What others have said about the location and proximity to Bangla and Jungceylon and the beach is spot on. Great location, the room was absolutely quiet. There are even bars about 1 minute walk away and it was still quiet.

So this was a great value hotel for low season. If prices remain competitive and I get the room with a view, I would stay here again.

Room Tip: Front side of hotel that faces the entrace
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank PZA8296
HotelHemingways, General Manager at Patong Hemingway's Hotel, responded to this review, July 7, 2013
Dear Patrick C.
Thank you so much for your very comprehensive review. Its not surprising that you received so many helpful votes Your comments regarding the additional toiletries shelves around the bathroom sink are noted and being looked into. In addition we are also looking at the room safety box, Certainly we will be putting them in our new hotel which should be ready next year. We would love you to return and let you have a room facing the pool and street.
Thank you once again for the review your comments are appreciated and help us to improve our service.
Kuala Lumpur
Reviewed October 24, 2012

We booked this hotel on Agoda with a very good deal. On arrival we were happily surprised that the property was brand new. The room was spacious and spotlessly clean. The bathroom was large and clean. Flat screen TV and free WIFI in the room. Housekeeping staff are good & friendly. Ms Bhoom at reception was very helpful and Ms Na at the restaurant was very kind to recommend our favorite Thai dishes. There is a nice cozy pool and bar at the rooftop for evening drinks.
I will definitely recommend this hotel for anyone who wants to be close to Patong Beach and Bangla strip (5 mins walk) but still have some peace and quiet away from the noise and street touts. Also, there is also an excellent dentist next door if you want some preventive dental check up.

Room Tip: Ask for rooms facing the hillside on the higher floors.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank wingman88us
Dear wingman,
Great thanks for the review, our lady in the restaurant was so happy to see her name mentioned. Reviews certianly help to motivate the staff, We are lucky that the majority of our staff are happy in their work and this in turn makes for a friendly and happy hotel.
Thanks again.
st clair nsw
Reviewed October 13, 2012

Where to start, look no further if your looking for great accommodation for a great price. The location is superb as been mentioned in previous reviews, the rooms are awesome, very spacious, private balcony and large, clean showers. The roof top pool and bar is a great touch. Never before have i spent so much time in a hotel pool, it is very relaxing and the bar tender ( Charlie ) ensures nothing is a problem. The staff is great and very helpfull. We had the pleasure of meeting the owner, Steve who made the stay even more enjoyable with his insight to all things in Phuket. In all this is my 7th time to Patong in which ive stayed at a different hotel to make it a different holiday, but ive stayed in rooms that have been twice the price that havent been as good. There is no doubt ill be staying there when i return.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank adamntina
Dear Adamntina,
Thank you for your most excellent review, Sorry its taken so long to reply, The owners, management and staff really enjoyed having you as guests atf the hotel. There should be a review system for hotel managers to write reviews on guests in which case you would get my top score. We look forward to seeing you again.
Phanat Nikhom, Thailand
Reviewed September 28, 2012

Myself my girlfriend and another friend had three nights at Patong Hemmingways and I was very happy with my stay. It's walking distance to Bangla. About 5 mins. The room is clean, a nice big flatscreen TV and had a small balcony.

The rooftop pool with bar is a great place to chill out in the afternoon. We had 3 days of rain so just went up to the roof had a few beers and watched the rain go bye.

The breakfast is good with real back bacon and sausages. It's also served until 1030 which is good if you've had a late night.

The staff at check in, bars and at breakfast are happy and helpful. Honestly I could not fault it for 24 gbp a great price.

Room Tip: Rooms were all in good condition as it's a new hotel
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank TP1888
HotelHemingways, General Manager at Patong Hemingway's Hotel, responded to this review, July 14, 2013
Dear TP1888,
Thank you for your kind review, The hotel appreciates feed back from our guests. I noted that you did not give full marks for sleep quality and rooms but there is little mention of any disatisfaction. I would be grateful if you could send me an email if there is anything that the hotel can do to improve in these area's. Thank you once again for taking the time to complete a review.
regards
Perth, Australia
Reviewed September 14, 2012

This is a quiet and very comfortable family owned hotel and because it in a kind of "side street", the hustle and bustle noises of Patong did not affect us. Let me list what we liked about this hotel...
The beds in the very clean rooms were soooo comfortable; the room decor was exquisite; the management and all of the staff were great (Manager Victor and Assistant manager - sadly his name escapes me - and receptionist Boom were outstanding in their care of us (all 4 of us are senior citizens!); the daily breakfasts in the in-house restaurant were comprehensive - AND our eggs were suberbly cooked to order too; we also ate well-cooked dinners there some evenings; the sparkling pool and jacuzzi on the 8th floor proved to be popular with all of us - it is complete with a bar (Charlie was the man who who tended the bar - serving whatever drinks we ordered AND he also worked in the restaurant at night time) I cannot fault the place at all and I happily recommend this hotel to anybody who wishes to be in the heart of Patong but away from the noise!; So, if you like to be well looked after - and like to eat well, then this is the place for you to try for yourself! Enjoy (like we did)!!

Room Tip: The Junior Suites at this hotel have a 4-poster king-size bed and a comfortable sitting area with a...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Barbara W
HotelHemingways, General Manager at Patong Hemingway's Hotel, responded to this review, May 18, 2013
Dear Barbara W,
Thank you so much for your lovely review, I must say it was a delight to have you as our Guests. The pool bar which the Guest have nicknamed the Skybar (particularly those that liked to drink there in the evenings is becoming a popular spot for our Guests to gather to discuss their plans for the night out and to socialize with other Guests. Please drop me an email if you intend to return next year and we will see if you can do even better.
Victor.
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed September 11, 2012

Unreal...found this gem just down the road from bangla rd...quiet..cheap beautiful meals downstairs..upstairs is charlie(bartender)..with pool and all the goodies...nice rooms(601) best with cool views...has balcony and lady friendly...motorcycle hire just round corner (250 baht)...could check out early and leave baggage with them nice touch...spent 10 nights..got back 2 nights ago...best value for money hotel in phuket..awesome stay..new hotel and very friendly staff....will stay again..ahhh the women dont let me start!!!!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank louis k
Dear louis k,
DUCKS GUTTS, Sorry Louis being a Pom I had to look it up before I replied. I now understand its an Australian expression - if you think something is awesome, brilliant etc. then it is said to be the duck's guts. So thank you for the comment. As a three staf plus hotel we are proud extremely pround when we see comments best value for money, At my meetings with the staff they love to hear when a Guest has comment on their friendly attitude.
Hope you will be staying with us again.