I just came back from Phuket ytd and it was really a wonderful experience. The people in phuket were very friendly overall and the islands are very beautiful. Sea sun sand resort is really beautiful too and we were lucky to get a pool view deluxe room and it was very nice. When i first arrived at the resort, we were amazed by the wonderful view of the sea from the Rooftop garden/pool and the rooms were even nicer than in pictures. And it was really clean too. We had very good night sleep for the 6 nights that we were there. However, i would only give them a 4/5 stars because:
1. The staffs in the resort were not very friendly(only a couple of them are really friendly), the rest were more of like you had to talk to them first, before they will reply/greet you. Therefore, more of a personal service kinda resort.
2. The location was quite a distance from Bangla street which is the most happening place in Patong and also, food wise, there are quite limited choices near the resort. We often had to walk at least 10-15 mins to find decent food.
3. Service was not flexible. We had a flight back at 10pm(Phuket time) but we could not get a late checkout even when we requested to pay their rate of 200thb/hour for late checkout. The receptionist insisted that we pay the full rate per night if we wanted to extend to just 6pm. So we ended up having to pay 400thb to extend just till 2pm; which is their latest time they can allow us to checkout. We ended up having to wander around the hot and sunny streets till around 6+ when our driver would come and pick us up.
We recommend this resort if you are going for just a relaxation trip where you will spend most of your time in the resort/tours because the resort is really a very luxurious one and once you go in you will be free of all worries. We also recommend that you SHOULD go for the Tachai Island Tour by LOVE ANDAMAN because they provide the best tour service ever we enjoyed our tour to Tachai island with them.
You could also go to No.9 Restaurant which is just opposite our resort to have dinner which have really nice western food at reasonable price.
Also, you can go to Brothers Trip Tour Agency just opposite the resort to book your tours as the boss and his staffs are really friendly and their tours are very enjoyable with quality service. Our wonderful tour to TaChai island was booked there. they can give you a very good price if you negotiate with them.
Overall, Sea Sun Sand is a good resort that i will recommend to all, don't be deceived by the lobby, you will find paradise up there above the lobby :)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sea Sun Sand Resort & Spa is ideally located at the most beautiful & renowned Patong beach in Phuket. The Resort offers a relaxing atmosphere enjoying the panoramic scenery of Patong bay with its exquisite 250 deluxe rooms in harmoniously contemporary design with traditional Thai-inspired de´cor featuring four different types of stylish accommodation. Explore and fulfill your comfortable stay with our provided facilities, which include two trendy restaurants, outdoor swimming pools with amazing pool deck, round-shaped Jacuzzi, poolside & Sunset bars , Spa treatments, fitness room, reading corner, game room , shopping arcade and meeting facilities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, Ctrip TA, Hotels.com, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Agoda, getaroom.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Sea Sun Sand Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sea Sun Sand Resort & Spa Patong, Phuket