“Worth to stay!!!!”

Sea Sun Sand Resort & Spa
Ranked #80 of 322 Hotels in Patong
“Worth to stay!!!!”
Reviewed December 9, 2012 via mobile

The hotel looks new and clean. We were given fruits juice and wet towel upon arrival. The check in was smooth. My husband and i like the design of the room, simple but modern. The staffs are very friendly and helpful. The location of the hotel is not very good, however they did provide shuttle bus service to shopping mall and Bangla road. There is free wifi provided, however a bit disappointed as the wifi cannot be detected in our room, so my husband and I have to go to lobby to online.

Overall, I would recommend this hotel in view of its cleanliness and good service rendered by the staffs.

• Stayed December 2012
1 Thank kailly12

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (182)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Kuala Pilah, Negeri Sembilan, Malaysia
Reviewed November 30, 2012

i went to phuket with my hubby on day 3 of our wedding.we still tired after the solemnization n reception.we arrived at the hotel at about 7pm.the check in was so smooth n we were given welcoming drink.they took us to our room.jungle view.the room was superb!!quiet n calm.perfect for honeymooners.we love the service.the staff were so helpful.they even provide beach towel.our flite back to malaysia was early in the morning n they provide plenty of food for breakfast.definitely recommend this hotel for couple!!

Room Tip: if u came with family better take room that near to the lobby
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank hudachomey
Sydney
Reviewed November 7, 2012

arrived at 6.30 am with a booking online from an agency only to be told by staff that rooms were full that booked they refused to upgrade us kept us waiting for an hour in the lobby the staff were so rude and unhelpful I reccomend do not stay at this place it was not with the hassle or the drama they way they treated us almost ruined our holiday . DISGUSTING customer service treated us like dogs . Stay away . Overpriced and shocking customer service . Did not help to find another accomodation just shrugged their shoulders and told us to look elsewhere .

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
4 Thank Paul F

Travelers are raving about these Patong hotels

singapore
Reviewed November 2, 2012

When I reached the hotel lobby, the lobby was not impressed. The staff brought us to our room after changed 3 lifts as our room is right at top of the hill. The room is modern with 40 inch TV and balcony.
Breakfast: The breakfast was normal and the selections are little.
Walk to the beach & main streets : beach is near around 10mins walk and along main street come with few massage shop. Very far from shopping mall.
We finish our meeting around 12am and surprise the hotel restaurant is closed so we went down the main street and all shop is closed except 711. in end we buy instant noodle and head back our room.
The hotel wifi is great and you connect anywhere you in the hotel.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank ninidada
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed October 23, 2012

From the pictures, this hotel looked amazing, and upon first inspection, it lived up to these expectations. Check in was a breeze, we even got a welcome drink and offered a cold towel on our arrival. We stayed in A405/A406 which involved getting the first lift to level 3, walking past rooms and along a plantcovered walkway (beautiful when the watering system was on) and up another 4 levels in the elevator. The room was obviously finished in a hurry as many things were left un-done or just sub-standard. There was still builders writing on the walls in the bathroom, the shower was not cleaned properly, we had the same watermarks on the bathroom tap from check-in to check-out (5 days). Staff were very welcoming and helpful where possible, breakfast was always nice, eventhough the chef could get a little cranky at times (when ordering eggs/bacon) The sunset bar was FANTASTIC, the bar tender who was on most nights of our stay always had a smile on his face and went out of his way to help. If its not on the menu ASK! he knows it all. Also half priced cocktails and beer 5-7 every night!

The view from the room and the restarunt/bar was beautiful. captured quite a few photos up there and spent most afternoons sitting in the shallow pool having cocktails.

Hotel was close to the beach, food, and shopping, Mr Timmy and Ron were always out the front with their taxi's ready to take you anywhere at a reasonable cost.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Bonnie R
Victoria
Reviewed October 21, 2012

Hi all I just had 10 days in patong and stayed at the new sea sun sand resort & spa there were not to many people there so we had the place to our self’s.my recommendation is it’s not for little children as the pool area is not child friendly as the edge of the pools are very slippery with marble tiles and I did slip over and bruised my leg. It is not an easy hotel to get around takes a few days to get used to it. The location is not central it is about a 20 to 30 min walk to Bangla Rd.At the sea sun sand resort there is a shuttle bus complimentary from the hotel that runs at 10am 2pm and 5pm one way and it will take you to Bangla Rd and the beach so that’s a Bonus ……….. My opinion of this hotel it’s a little out but can be walked to Bangla road under 30 mins the beach is under 10 min walk staff very friendly but! English not so great. Breakfast has what you want nothing fancy but the view from the top were you have your meals are spectacular rooms plenty of room and my room had its own pool that’s a Bonus and the rooms is very clean but the bed was very hard. I did have a great time there but next time I will stay a little closer in. I give it 7.5 out of 10 ............. P.S I only use Bangla Rd as a land mark as in patong evey body knows it, Hope this was help full................

Room Tip: My Room Number was D201 and had its own pool. In that little strip there are about 8 rooms that are...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank cdln6062
Darwin, Australia
Reviewed October 21, 2012

Recently stayed three nights. Found a cheap rate through Kayak. I wasn't too sure of the hotel as it appeared new and didn't have too many reviews however it turned out fine.

It is situated about a 5-10 minute walk from the beach and about 15 minutes to Bangla Road / Jungceylon. Tuk tuks are in abundance and the standard price is 200THB. Personally, I prefer to rent a motorbike for THB250 per day and then you can go where you wish.

Check in was fine, we were given a free upgrade to a pool access room which I was really thankful for. Having a pool outside of your balcony is a really nice touch and certainly I would consider upgrading if I stayed there in the future. The room was spotlessly clean. The only negative thing was that the bath tub took forever to fill but I could overlook that. There is a fridge but no mini bar (not something I really use anyway). The bed was hard but perfectly comfortable, just as I like it. The wifi worked for me faultlessly.

The location of the hotel is on a hill and split into at least four buildings, some of which require three lifts. Allow plenty of time to get to the lobby.

Breakfast was the usual buffet style, it wasn't anything to write home about but was acceptable however. The staff were all very polite.

Check out took far too long, I don't know the exact reason but 20 minutes to check out is just too long and when I asked what the hold up was the receptionist mentioned that housekeeping must check the room. I guess I was anxious as I had a taxi waiting to go to the airport.

I certainly would consider this hotel for a future stay in Phuket.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends