“Amazing Location. Truly Outstanding Staff”

Patong Backpacker Hostel
Ranked #22 of 237 Specialty Lodging in Patong
Reviewed December 19, 2012

I couldn't recommend this hostel more, I stayed here for a few nights and met so many amazing people. Its literally 30 seconds walk from the main road full of bars and a further 30 seconds to the beach.

Although the hostel is close to the main road with bars you can hardly hear the music from your room. They have a great social area where everyone hangs out at night before going out. The staff are amazingly friendly, they will bend over backwards for you and are really fun to be around.

The hostel provides a free locker at reception and has hot showers and a number of toilets on each floor, the only downside is they dont have free wifi which sucks but apart from that everything else was perfect.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo

Reviewed December 2, 2012

Good value for money, generally clean. Good aircon and great location, however a little noisy at night.
Generally helpful staff who have good knowledge and contacts to book tours/ airport transfers etc
Would definately stay here again

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 13, 2012

Less than a minute to the beach and Bangla Road, great staff, and good air-conditioning.

I arrived early in the morning around ten, hungover, sick, and exhausted after five days of intense partying in Koh Phangan. The staff were amazing and I am so embarrassed I have forgotten their names. I was promptly taken to my dorm room, given a warm blanket, some very genuine and needed sympathy and merrily went to sleep.

I slept till very late in the day and when i awoke i realized i had no clean clothes and had to depart very early the next day. No problem, laundry could be done for me by midnight. How would i get to the airport so early next morning? No problem lovely lady at reception books me a taxi. Great people here.

I did manage to stagger to Bangla Road and it is very close. Heaps of nightlife there and food options at the far end. Due to my sensitive nature at the time of stay I could hear the clubs early in the morning still which was mildly annoying but if your out partying it would be fine, or get earplugs.

I loved it here, the taxi arrived bang on six and I was on my way. Thank you so much caring, helpful, and lovely staff at Patong Backpacker Hostel. If I am back in Phuket, I will stay again.

Room Tip: Less beds equal less people. Bottom bunks rule.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed October 3, 2012

I want to thank my friend, Sumardi, for recommend this hostel to me 2 years ago. This is the second time I stay there with my whole family. Very strategic location, just walk across the street to Patong Beach. Or, 5 minutes walk to Bangla road ( nightlife centre ). Very helpful staff, take us to the night market and many other interested places, fell like my auntie, will miss her a lot. Sure will go there again next time.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed September 17, 2012

I really thank to Agoda because I booked this hostel. when i writing this review i'm still staying here. I like the location because very near Bangla road that has strong attraction for the madness nightlife. near to Jungceylon mall, banzaan market (the central local foods and cheap). the staffs really helpful. even now one of the staff asking me to join her to have fun in Bangla road. my journey to Phuket is my first solo travel. I do hope in the end I will not forget the memories here and of course the great and nice stories.

Room Tip: just enjoy what you get and be prepare for the padlock for your own safety box.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed April 21, 2012

I was really surprised how patient and friendly ALL the Thai staff in this hostel. My friends and I arrived late in the evening and we bombarded the receptionists with a lot of requests - room change, locker requests, beer, free snacks and we never heard a single complaint from them! We could have been kicked out if we did this in other hostels.

The location is at the center of the action in Patong - the beach is just 5 mins away, Bangla road is just a short walk and there are lots of restaurants and night markets around.

This hostel is best fit for travellers with very tight budget. This hostel provides the basics - clean room, bed matress, toilet, free breakfast, common room. The hostel itself does not look that new though but if you're just looking for a place to sleep, then this is the hostel for you.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 3, 2012

We stayed there for 3nights, and to be honest we only enjoy the hostel for sleeping, put our stuff and take shower actually :).

The hostel is not visible from the main street, so you have to notice the signboard on the Taweeeong Road after the end of Bangla Road. There was a narrow alley between Medical Shop and 1 unused shop. And when you go inside, you will find a Thai Message shop, which my friend said it was very nice :, and the entrance stairs to the hostel.

You will see straight away the sandals and shoes on the stairs :) since we were advice to take off ours before entering the hostel.

The check in process also went well. We`ve book first through hostel world and paid the down-payment only, so by the time we arrive we paid all our stays there plus a guarantee money of THB 100 for each room key. Oya...after we placed our down-payment, we also often chatted through emails with Napat the owner, about the hostel location, arrangement for the Islands tour , 1 way airport transfer (where we got it arrange by him) and other request. They`re willing to reply all those quires before hand, and it gave us more confidence to stay there.

We got the room in the 2 floor. 6th bunk beds in a tiny space room, with bathroom inside our room plus a balcony, where you can hang your wet clothes and easily seen from the road hahahaha...

As for the bed you can not say that it is nice and comfy, but yet since we are too busy to go here and there, always get back after midnight and went out again early in the morning, so we dont care about this. And also the sound coming from the bed everytime we moved were also annoying and i think the hostel must do something about it. For the cleanliness, they really need to improve on that side as soon as possible.

Outside our room, there are also 2 bathrooms and 2 toilets + sink. And on the ground floor, they also have a common area with TV, magazines and Internets

The staff were also friendly, one who often interact with us was Ms Pia (thank you ms), and the other 2 ladies who helped us with information and helped us going through some problem with the tours.

So... in summary, if you`re looking for a place to stay with a low budget and only for a short time between your holiday, then i can say that you can check out this hostel.
My top recommendation will be the SUPERB hostel location....

Room Tip: Check the rooms in each floor :) They have variety of room sizes
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Patong
Fin Hostel Phuket
#1 of 237 in Patong
Hao Hostel
Hao Hostel
#9 of 14 in Talat Yai

Been to Patong Backpacker Hostel? Share your experiences!