“Good location, value for money but not for families with young children”

WE Hotel at Sansabai
Ranked #236 of 328 Hotels in Patong
George Town, Malaysia
“Good location, value for money but not for families with young children”
Reviewed November 1, 2012

Recently stayed in this hotel with wife and friends. If you want a fair-sized, clean place to stay in Patong and if you are not intending to lounge around in your room/hotel then this is the place for you. Very centrally located, with the Junceylon Shopping Mall and Bangla road just 5 minutes away and Patong Beach just 10 minutes away at the end of the Soi. Great if you like the beach and especially so if it is the nightlife. The rooms are just the right size for 2 persons. Standard amenities are there. Did not try the food at the restaurant so I cannot comment on that. The 2 swimming pools at the roof looks nice but had no chance to use it. Cheap cocktails sold at night, didn't try it but a friend did and said it was watered down though. The staff I met where friendly enough and I had no issues with them.

As for some of the complaints made by previous reviewers, most are unfounded for me or can be easily resolved. Yes, the place can be a noisy at night (try to get a room at a higher floor at the back if you are a light sleeper). Yes, you have to pay for the key-card but the deposit is returned to you at the end of your stay. Yes, The bathroom drain can become clogged with water but can be solved by lifting the drain cover up, which will allow the water to drain quickly. Yes, there is a slight smell in the room but its not really noticeable and probably comes from the drain. Yes, the mattress is a little hard but I like hard beds anyway. No, the wifi in the room is working fine. No, the air-con in the room is not warm and is working fine. If there is one thing I am concerned with is that with its proximity with Bangla road, this is not really a place for families with children and the surroundings can feel a little dodgy but this hotel is great for the young, independent traveler that wants to see everything famous about Patong Beach.

You just have to understand that for the price you are paying, this hotel is really value for money. If you want to be pampered then there are plenty of 5-star hotels around Kata and Karon that you can stay in by paying top dollar. If you want a room to sleep and will be spending most time away from the hotel, this is the place to stay.

Room Tip: Stay on a higher floor at the back portion of the hotels (room numbers starts with B).
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
3 Thank xienyao

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
  • Indonesian first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Choeng Thale, Thailand
Reviewed October 31, 2012

This is our 2nd stay here this year.....for the price it is great....the staff are friendly, helpful & willing to do anything to make your stay enjoyable.....my only 1 complant is the hardness of the bed but after a few days you do get use to it....it is in walking distance of everything...Ma Ma'a massage just up the street is the place to unwind & have you washing done....Nah makes one of the best Bloody Mary's I have ever had & all for 79Bht......I will def be back

Room Tip: Ask for a room that dosent face Soi San Sabai....the music will keep you awake
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Wolverhampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 2, 2012

We were worried about staying in this hotel after reading some of the reviews but we were pleasently surprised. We stayed here for two nights the rooms were all nice and clean, as were the reception and bar area.
During our stay the staff were really friendly and helpful and helped us book taxis. The hotel is on a loud street but it is a great location for all of the main bars.
From our exerience we would recommend this room and hotel.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Hove, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 15, 2012

there is something seriously wrong with the sewage system outside of this hotel. it's vile. not their fault, but it really is a big turn off. didn't really like this hotel. the roof top pool was good, plenty of sun and banana lounges. it's about a block from walking street, and around the corner from the big new shipping mall, but about 10 mins walk from the beach. the rooms are clean and well equipped, but the lift was broken when we were there and we were put on level 6. when we asked to have a different room with easier access we were told we would lose our beach view, and have a view over buildings, so we chose the view. got to the room (604) and it was over buildings anyway. it was find for a one night stay between phi phi and bangkok, but would not recoemmend anything longer. quite loud, had to wear ear plugs due to bar across the street.

Room Tip: nice pool, better options in patong.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank rrrjjjmmm

Travelers are raving about these Patong hotels

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 24, 2012

One of the worst hotel I have ever stayed in, unprofessional staff that didn’t know what they were doing, they charged my credit card on the first day of checking in without my authorisation, then on the check out day they then took cash payment again. I only found out they charged me twice 3 weeks later upon checking my bank statement. When requesting for a refund they ignored my emails and in the end they did not refund me the 5 nights that they took from my credit card. They took over an hour to check us out we were almost late for our flight.

We booked our 5 nights in November 2011 the hotel was running with some final renovation work. When they booked us in it took about an hour and they took 500 Bath for deposit of the key. Considering this hotel was brand new the first room they gave us was absolutely awful with damp smell. They gave us another room which was better. The TV didn’t work in our room took them 2 days to get it fix with no Wi-fi access usless we go to the reception area, which sometimes there are hookers hanging about.

One day we found a massive Cockroach in the bathroom that shows how clean this hotel is. The bathroom fittings was falling apart, water drain didn’t work properly. All and all STAY AWAY!!!

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank L D
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed June 11, 2012

This is my 3rd trip to Phuket. This trip i am going with my boyfriend and his family. Due to the mum and sister love to shopping, i choosen this hotel as the hotel location is very stratregic. Near to Bangla road for the nightlife and nearby there is a Juncelyn mall for shopping.
Our travelling date is my boyfriend's birthday and i wanted to gave him a surprise. I was impressed with the reservation staff, Ms Kumlai extra miles service. I request the hotel to arrange a cake in room before i arrive, without any doubt, she willing to assist me to buy a cake even with her own money without knowing who am i. She even give me some advice and pricing for the Taxi and some packages.
Hotel staff friendly service make me and boyfriend's family enjoy the trip very much.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed May 30, 2012

This hotel have 78 rooms, provide breakfast buffet. The only i don't like - the mattress was hard but still clean overall. Basically this hotel quite near Bangla Road for the nightlife and very near to Juncylon Hotel.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple