“WORST HOTEL STAY AWAY!!!”

WE Hotel at Sansabai
Ranked #211 of 321 Hotels in Patong
London, United Kingdom
“WORST HOTEL STAY AWAY!!!”
Reviewed June 24, 2012

One of the worst hotel I have ever stayed in, unprofessional staff that didn’t know what they were doing, they charged my credit card on the first day of checking in without my authorisation, then on the check out day they then took cash payment again. I only found out they charged me twice 3 weeks later upon checking my bank statement. When requesting for a refund they ignored my emails and in the end they did not refund me the 5 nights that they took from my credit card. They took over an hour to check us out we were almost late for our flight.

We booked our 5 nights in November 2011 the hotel was running with some final renovation work. When they booked us in it took about an hour and they took 500 Bath for deposit of the key. Considering this hotel was brand new the first room they gave us was absolutely awful with damp smell. They gave us another room which was better. The TV didn’t work in our room took them 2 days to get it fix with no Wi-fi access usless we go to the reception area, which sometimes there are hookers hanging about.

One day we found a massive Cockroach in the bathroom that shows how clean this hotel is. The bathroom fittings was falling apart, water drain didn’t work properly. All and all STAY AWAY!!!

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank L D

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
  • Indonesian first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed June 11, 2012

This is my 3rd trip to Phuket. This trip i am going with my boyfriend and his family. Due to the mum and sister love to shopping, i choosen this hotel as the hotel location is very stratregic. Near to Bangla road for the nightlife and nearby there is a Juncelyn mall for shopping.
Our travelling date is my boyfriend's birthday and i wanted to gave him a surprise. I was impressed with the reservation staff, Ms Kumlai extra miles service. I request the hotel to arrange a cake in room before i arrive, without any doubt, she willing to assist me to buy a cake even with her own money without knowing who am i. She even give me some advice and pricing for the Taxi and some packages.
Hotel staff friendly service make me and boyfriend's family enjoy the trip very much.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed May 30, 2012

This hotel have 78 rooms, provide breakfast buffet. The only i don't like - the mattress was hard but still clean overall. Basically this hotel quite near Bangla Road for the nightlife and very near to Juncylon Hotel.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank myting99
Perth, Australia
Reviewed April 1, 2012

Very poor service and very over priced. They claimed that i had torn a sheet and i had to pay 700TB before i left, just not execptable......... Rooms are small and the balcony is poor. just very poor all round. 1500TB per night in low season is a total joke for what you get here!!!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank paul e

Travelers are raving about these Patong hotels

Reviewed February 29, 2012

Being our first trip to Phuket my girlfriend and I were pretty excited about our stay. We were so happy to see the private driver ready to pick us up at the airport and even happier to see the hotel when we arrived...... I'm sad to say it stopped there.

Our first room was a "private bungalow" but I would more likely describe it as an out of place shipping container plonked right next to the pool acros the road and in another resort..... Go figure...... When we went to have a lay down and a decent sleep after our 22 hour trip from Brisbane via singo we were horrified..... The bed sheets were filthy. They had what looked like blood splotches that had faded to brown on them and also some sticky looking s**t on the that I didn't want to imagine the origin of....... Not cool at all.

We went back to reception and told them we wanted another room, to which they unhappily abliged..... We were put in a tiny room whit a nice view of................ The building next doors back wall and plumbing about a meter away. Just lovely.
After a bit of a nap we decided that it would do for the two night we needed it.
Well only just. The drain in the shower didn't work, probably because it was half under a wall and whenwe told reception... On 4 occasions, they would send up the same 15yo kid to try and plunge it out with no result. No attempt to change to room, even on our request.

Don't get me wrong, if you are 18-21 and all you want to do is get drunk as hell and go to ping pong shows then go for it, but I think I'd prefer a kick in the head over staying at this place again!

• Stayed February 2012
2 Thank StuAnTeegs
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed January 19, 2012

Firstly, the great things about this hotel:
1. The location is exceptional. An easy five minute walk to Bangla Rd and 10 minutes to the beach. If you don't fancy the chaos that is Bangla Rd every night there are plenty of bars, restaurants, massages, laundry facilities along the way.
2. The huge shopping centre (Jungceylon) is also just around the corner and offers a huge range of eateries and shopping without the haggling if that is what you prefer.
3. Our room had a small balcony which is great if one smokes (him) and the other doesn't (me).
4. The roof top pools (there are two to choose from) are brilliant and just big enough that it is a peaceful area to chill out. The bar staff are friendly and happy to bring your your food or drinks order.
5. Overall, the staff are very friendly and helpful despite not speaking much English and all wanted a hug after our stay. We became especially friendly with the cocktail bar attendant (Va?).
6. Very substantial buffet breakfast provided with eggs cooked on the spot

The not so good:
1. the regular smell of sewage in the lobby areas (street level) and the communal toilets (reception and pool area)
2. our air conditioning stunk (room 711). When we complained on our arrival, we were told to shut the bathroom door!!! When we said no one had used the bathroom yet, their solution was to spray the room with perfume!! This lasted all of 10 minutes then back to the same stench again. My husband services air cons so he removed the filter and it was filthy despite the building being brand new! He washed it out as best he could in the shower and it fixed the problem a little bit so we removed the filter for the duration of our stay and replaced once we left. We figured it was probably healthier to not have a filter than to have air blown through whatever was making it stink.
3. The hardest mattress I have ever slept on - the tiles on the floor were softer. I know Thais like a hard mattress but this must be a conspiracy to encourage tourists to have more regular massages. :) I know I did as it really put my back out.
4. Although we had paid for a superior room, there were no drawers at all and the only hanging space was a bracket sticking out from the wall. Okay for a very short stay but not good enough for 8 night stay as we were living out of our suitcases as a result. No iron provided (not an issue for us).
5. Our hotel door did not shut easily which meant you had to be very careful to push/pull it hard to ensure you did not leave your door open.
6. a 500THB deposit required for the key and only one is given despite two of us in the room. We had to pay a second deposit for a second key otherwise no light or air con if one person is out for any reason.
7. the hotel blares out the most inappropriate music during the evenings which make it very difficult to sit around and have a cocktail before or after getting on with your plans. We could not understand the reason for this as the music is suitable to the 18-25 clubbing crowd and most people walking up and down this street are must older. We would have stayed longer and had more drinks there if it wasn't for the music.
8. This didn't affect us however we noticed that if you want to bring home a lady friend, you must pay a 500THB fee to the hotel before you can go up to your room. This is absurd as a whole room has been paid for which is for two people so I don't see why you would need to pay to have a visitor overnight if there was only one person in the room anyway.

Room Tip: Odd numbered rooms seem to have a balcony eg 711 whereas our friend didn't one (her room 512)
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with friends
4 Thank Lavoon
Belfast
Reviewed January 12, 2012

The most frustrating thing about writing a review for this hotel is that words fail to express just how dreadful this hotel is.

We arrived early evening in January, a youngish couple on holiday. Immediately Initital impressions didnt bode well, the restaurant was closed and the hotel had a tacky bar blaring out obnoxiouly loud music set up on the street at the door. Still, not to be discouraged, we apprehensively progressed to reception and after being spoken to like an irritance, were taken to our "room." Up on the 8th floor the room wasnt even painted and had concrete floors, walls and smelt of a builidng site. The bathroom was equally unfinished and half expecting some kind of joke I turned to the porter (dressed like a rebellious 13 year old) with a smile and gently protested.

So back down to reception it was and this time we were taken to another room, again NOTHING like the pictures (no balcony and tiny beyond belief). I protested yet again and (after being sworn at in Thai) was taken to a room resembling something like the picture.

Having thought my nightmare was over we discovered once in the room the air conditioning didnt work, tv didnt work, shower was blocked and there was no toilet tissue. By this stage a now irate receptionist was just ignoring me. Seemingly angry I wanted some basic amenities.

This set the tone for the rest of the trip. Sleepless nights due to loud music and no air con and being abused by the most unpleasant staff I have ever encountered. I also saw TWICE fellow travellers arguing angrily after they had been double booked. The hotel seemingly does this and then offers them a room at a sister hotel further away without notice. As usual the staff didnt see this as a problem.

The stay came into its own upon departure however when the "staff" on reception demanded I paid for the room. It was already long since pre bought through agoda." I explained this and was met with "you lie, money now." On trying to leave I was man handled in a threatening way and they shouted they had no record of me paying - i responded I did and their incompetance isnt my problem. Only after opening my own internet banking, and a vicious row, would they allow me to leave and not threaten me.

The only redeeming feature is the location, 5 minutes from the nightlife hub. If this makes up for staying in unfinished rooms, threatedning staff, no air con, no balcony, no resaturant, no cleaning etc go for it. My adivce is to head to the countless other hotels nearby and avoid at all costs.

Room Tip: One that is finished would be a good idea. It seems the 8th floor isnt but they put people there any...
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple