“I'am Back!”

Ranked #122 of 322 Hotels in Patong
Scottsdale, Arizona
“I'am Back!”
Reviewed April 8, 2014

I stayed at the Citrus height back in November of 2013 my original reservation was for just one week I enjoyed the hotel (Amazing Staff) and Phuket so much I stayed for 3 more week. Now just 4 short month later ( I'am Back again) I arrived at the Hotel yesterday 4-8-14 at about 5 PM I got 2 feet inside the lobby and was greeted by the front deck staff who remembered me from trip :) They treated me like family! even the security guard came up to say hi and shake my hand as if I never left. My favorite part of this hotel is the (Staff) treat them with respect and they will give you the shirt off their back. My room is great just like last time I will continue to come back. (Thank you Citrus Height Staff) & My favorite lady at the front deck :)

• Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
Gan S, Менеджер по обслуживанию клиентов at The ASHLEE Heights Patong Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, April 15, 2014
Dear Robert L,
It is such a pleasure for us to know that you’ve decided to come back to our hotel after staying with us for 1 month! Citrus Heights Patong is a small boutique hotel and we always happy to welcome back our returning guests. Thank you so much for your comments about our staff. It is so important for us to get a feedback from our guests and we are very happy to learn you enjoy our hotel and service provided.
Have a great time in Phuket and we hope your stay will be as pleasant and comfortable as the previous one. For the further bookings please contact me directly at guest.relations@citrusheightspatong.com, so I may look to it personally and ensure you have a great stay at Citrus Heights.
Kindest Regards,
Guest Relations Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (72)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Batam, Indonesia
Reviewed April 2, 2014 via mobile

Stayed for 4 days with my family, room and bathroom quite big and clean my wife and my son love it.

Breakfast average.

They have swimming pool on the top of building, nice view.

Staff friendly.

Location OK,

But housekeeping double charged me for the beers.

Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
2 Thank PangkyIyudSahudi
Gan S, Менеджер по обслуживанию клиентов at The ASHLEE Heights Patong Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, April 4, 2014
Dear PangkyIyudSahudi,
Thank you for choosing our Citrus Heights Patong to be your accommodation during your recent trip to Phuket. We appreciate your time and review via TripAdvisor. Our staff at Citrus Heights will be happy to see you and your family again. Thank you for the good rating and comments about our swimming pool with nice view and friendly staff. We will do our best and improve our breakfast to your liking, also we are very sorry if we made a mistake and charged you more. Please accept my sincere apology for this situation.
Looking forward to see you again at our Citrus Heights Patong Hotel.

Best Regards,
Perth, Australia
Reviewed March 27, 2014

My family of four stayed for a week. Girls loved having their own room. Staff were extremely helpfull with our touristy adventures. My only issue is the food wasn't enjoyable most of the time. The pool was lovely and warm but got annoyed at seeing cigarette butts on the floor.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank Kerridgefamily
Gan S, Менеджер по обслуживанию клиентов at The ASHLEE Heights Patong Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, April 1, 2014
Dear Kerridgefamily,
We appreciate you taking the time and share your experience with us and all the travelers via TripAdvisor.
Thank you for your review and for good rating of Citrus Heights Patong! We are very glad to know that your family had a great time with us. I appreciate the mention of our nice rooms and helpful staff. I have also shared your comments with our Chef about breakfast and with Housekeeping Dept. in order to take more attention to the cleanliness of the swimming pool area.
We look forward to your return and we will be happy to accommodate you during your next visit to the Land of Smiles.
If there is anything I can be helpful with, please send me email before placing your booking – guest.relations@citrusheightspatong.com. I will be happy to help you with any inquiry.

Reviewed March 27, 2014

Arriving with 2 friends, booked 2 rooms in advance at only 2.100baht/night. We were meeting with other friends, to enjoy relaxing days under the sun and the crazy night life.

Upon check-in we were taken to our rooms that werent ready. They tried again with other rooms which werent ready either, only 1 had been cleaned. As an apology they upgraded one Superior (I think it was called, the basic standard room) to a Premier - which I got. The Premier was very big and spacious indeed! King size bed, one xtra bed, sofa, chairs and table, work table. Kitchen WITH washing machine and big refrigerator. Big bathroom with tons of space for stuff, bathtub and separate shower cabin ( a bit small though). Hot and cold water works well. Door to the room is solid and opens via keycard - just the way it should be!

This room is nice and the bed was surprisingly good, I slept like a baby. And there is zero noise at night, at least in the Premier which is located with the balcony to the soi, as opposed to facing the bigger street. My friends didnt complain about noise either, slept well too.

The Premier room is normally priced at 3.500baht they said.

There is one big annoying factor here and that is the elevator! There are 8 floors in this hotel but only ONE single elevator, and of the slowest possible kind you can imagine. Even when it arrives to a floor, it takes a good 5 seconds for the door to open. Thats how slow this thing works in general. Waiting time for the elevator is ridiculous and how any sane engineer can think of only 1 elevator for 8 floors, is a mystery. Unacceptable! Stairs are constructed in a weird way, also annoying to walk up and down.

We didnt eat at the hotel, except for breakfast a couple of times. It was not great and not super bad.

There is a pool on the top floor, 8th floor. Not a big area but its ok, big enough, and its situated on the roof which gives maximum sunny hrs. Was good and we enjoyed it. there is also a bar there, albeit service can be improved.

Location of Citrus is on Nanai Road, the parallel road to Rat-U-Tit Road which is where Bangla and Jungceylon is. Distance from Citrus Heights to Jungceylon was nothing more than a 1km walk, maybe a tad more. If you can walk, its no problem if you dont mind working up a good sweat. A bike would have been useful but we didnt really see the need. When going home at night from Bangla area, we got bikes at 50baht. Just say 50baht and they go with it.

The tip is to walk away from the Bangla/Rat-U-Tit intersection, walk UP bangla road towards Nanai Road and get a bike close to Nanai - that will save you at least half of what the 'Bangla' bike and tuktuk mafia will charge you (they even tried with 300bath for this 1.5km trip).

For the traveller who wants to enjoy the more....mmmm...intimate aspect of the night life, the hotel charges a whopping 1.000baht if you bring home a guest. They say its normal policy. My opinion about that, even though I dont bring 'sleep over' guests, is that its just really bad and poor service toward the guest who already paid for a room. Charging 1.000 baht for literally nothing, is pure greed!

Shame on this hotel. I have stayed in upscale hotels where guests were obviously bringing company at night, seen them walk right past reception, without even a hint of disturbance from the staff. If the hotel, for security reasons, wants to see ID from strangers, I think that is xtra service for the guest as long as there is no charge. Guest paid for the room already hence it should be absolutely free to bring company, period. I can see if some guests for this reason will not come back to this hotel.

Other than this, service from front desk was overall good. At checkout, they had a taxi come to drive us to the airport within 10 minutes. Same price as all over Patong btw, which is 800 baht.

Our stay was all in all very very good and the Premier room was great. I can recommend this hotel since its only 2.100baht/night and its a new hotel, rooms are nice, a lot nicer than many of the outdated hotels with their crap beds and 20yr old tv's.

Some may feel the walks are long but the money saved on accommodation is quite a bit vs staying close to the beach in a similar new hotel..

Room Tip: Premier room is a LOT nicer than the standard rooms.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank ArchStantonTh
Dear ArchStantonTh,
Thank you very much for choosing Citrus Heights Patong Hotel during your recent trip to Phuket. Our staff and Management team really appreciate such a kind and detailed review on your stay with us. We are happy to know that overall you had great experience staying in our hotel. We are very glad to know that you liked our Premier room. Thank you for mention of our modern and spacious rooms, convenient location and good breakfast.
Please let me give you some comments about the charge for outside guests. This is a very common practice for most hotels in Phuket. We do have additional charge for the guests not registered at the Reception Desk, but staying overnight.
We are looking forward for your next return to Phuket. Please visit us again and enjoy our great value for very reasonable price.

Best Regards,
Reviewed March 11, 2014

People who aren't on a tight budget should give it a try. They provide a shuttle bus service for most prime visit locations so it's extremely convenient for first time travellers. Rooms are clean and spacious with adequate facilities. Hotel staffs are very friendly and eager to help with any enquiries.

• Stayed March 2014
1 Thank Loonchua
Gan S, Менеджер по обслуживанию клиентов at The ASHLEE Heights Patong Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, March 17, 2014
Dear Loonchua,
Thank you for your kind review of the Citrus Heights Patong Hotel. We are happy to read your feedback and comments with regards to our special transfer service and our nice clean rooms. We also appreciate your kind recognition of our team and their efforts to help make you feel welcome.
Please, visit us again soon. You can contact me directly at guest.relations@citrusheightspatong.com so we can prepare for your next stay together.
Reviewed March 3, 2014

Stayed at Citrus Heights for a week last month. The reception area was spacious with a number of seating areas and smelt lovely (lemongrass oil burning). One caution is the small sharp step when entering the hotel (we all tripped on this at one point during our stay!) After checking in, we made our way to our rooms (we were on the 5th, 7th and 8th floor so would've been quite an effort to take lug our luggages up the stairs) Unfortunately there's only one lift, a very slow lift at that. When the lift finally came, we all headed to our rooms and the porter came up after us and brought our luggages to our rooms which was nice. We were in room 710.

The room was very spacious, which gave us more than enough room to move about and store luggage and things without cluttering up the place. We had a twin room with two beds, a sofa, wardrobe, desk, chair, TV, bathroom and balcony. The beds were firm and comfy as was the sofa. I will mention though that the edges of the bed and sofa are sharp so don't be walking too close to them (or around in the dark) as catching your legs on these edges is not ideal (my boyfriend had a cut on his foot from this). The wardrobe had the usual hangers and a safe in it (the use of the safe was free of charge). I used the wardrobe as a storage area for all my shopping (shopping would've been all over the place if it wasn't for this!). We didn't really use the desk but it was there and the chair was ... well I didn't sit on the chair but it looked comfy. The TV was a good size, most channels were in Thai (as expected) but one or two were in english which was a plus (we didn't watch the TV much). The bathroom was a good size, with enough space between the stations. Two things I'll mention is: BEWARE of the small sharp step down into the bathroom (we painfully tripped on this multiple times) and there is no shower curtain so using the shower will make a flooding mess (there is a drain in the corner but who wants to swim out of the bath tub?) I used the detachable shower head which was better to use. Didn't go out on the balcony as much but we had a "great" view of the building next to us. Went out there one time and caught eyes with a 'neighbour' (talk about awkward!) ... We kept the curtains closed. The room was well lit with spot lights here and there. Only trouble was finding the light switches to turn them all off so we could sleep. It was like a game trying to find these switches as they were all over the room. We turned off most of them, but couldn't seem to find the switch for the lights which were directly above our beds. After flipping every switch we could find, we ended up having to take the key card out of the slot and have everything shut off (they provided a flash light too). The rooms were cleaned very well daily!

We booked a bed and breakfast. Breakfast is served from 6.30am (for the early birds) to 10.30am (11am on weekends). They had tea and coffee on the pot; a bread and pastry area (with toaster); a section with lunch - type food where they served rice, fried rice, pork, fish, chicken and vegetable dishes; there was a guy frying eggs in the corner; another drinks section (guava, tropical, milk and water); cereal; fruit and salad. There was seating inside and outside which was nice.

The roof top pool was nice with some deck chairs about and a deserted bar. We went for morning swims some mornings. It's generally a quiet area, never crowded. We were swimming one time in the evening and I saw a couple getting served some food and drinks at the bar area so I'm guessing they asked for that in reception. Nice and clean area, perfect to get some sun and swim. One caution though, when entering and swimming around in the pool, beware of the sharp steps! They're not marked out so you could easily hurt yourself if not careful. (I noticed that these small sharp steps are a sort of trend around the area). Speaking of deserted bar, there was also an indoor and outdoor bar in the lobby area. I never really saw staff there either.

All staff were generally friendly, especially the porter guy (I think his name is Krut?). He was always helpful. He drives the free shuttle to Patong beach or Jungceylon (shopping centre) and back. One day, we missed the shuttle and were walking to the shopping centre. Randomly he saw us on his way back to the hotel and picked us up! He made another trip to the shopping centre just for us, which was really nice of him!

Hotel location is a nice walk away from the beach (if you like walking, you won't mind this 10-15mins walk). Jungceylon is a bit further, might want to take a tuktuk. Getting around Patong in a tuktuk generally costs 200 or 300 baht (per ride, not per person). We travelled in a group of six for this price. Taxi's (actual cars) will cost a bit more.

Overall, it was a lovely stay and I would recommend the hotel :)

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
3 Thank m-juliette18
Gan S, Менеджер по обслуживанию клиентов at The ASHLEE Heights Patong Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, March 4, 2014
Dear M-juliette18,
Thank you so much for such a kind and detailed review and good rating. All your comments are very much appreciated by our team at Citrus Heights Patong Hotel, also all the details are very helpful for our future guests and TripAdvisor’s travelers.
We are happy to read your appraisal and comments with regards to our nice lobby, spacious rooms, good breakfast and relaxing pool area. We also appreciate your kind recognition of our team and their efforts to help make you feel welcome. Our bellboy Mr. Krot was elated to read your review and appreciated all of your kind words.
Please make sure we take into consideration all your comments about safety issues. Actually all the steps in a bathroom or swimming pool have rough surface for the safety purpose, to avoid slipping. We will continue to work towards excellence with regards to our service and facilities and hope for another opportunity to provide you with such an experience. Please contact me at guest.relations@citrusheightspatong.com prior to your next stay so that I may see to it personally and have opportunity to welcome your future stays at our Citrus Heights Patong.