“Citrus Heights Patong Phuket”

The ASHLEE Heights Patong Hotel & Suites
Ranked #126 of 328 Hotels in Patong
Mooloolaba, Australia
“Citrus Heights Patong Phuket”
Reviewed September 16, 2013

The staff were as helpful as they could be though not very many of them can speak much English. The hotel was clean & reasonably new, pool area on the roof was great!! We were told we could have a late check out which we were denied when the time came. I had my birthday during our stay & the hotel gave me a birthday cake, it was a lovely thought but I ended up very sick for 24hours after eating it. The buffet breakfast never offered bacon!!!

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the higher levels...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

1 Thank MissLisaFairy
Gan S, Менеджер по обслуживанию клиентов at The ASHLEE Heights Patong Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, September 16, 2013
Dear MissLisaFairy,
The Citrus Heights Patong team is always happy to hear from guests.
Thank you for sharing your experience with us, we are glad you enjoyed our facilities, clean rooms and impressive roof-top swimming pool.
Please let me give you some comments about late check-out. We are always happy to provide our guests complimentary late check-out when possible. Probably the hotel was fully booked on the day of your departure, so we were not able to provide this service. We are very sorry for the inconveniences that might cause you.
As long as we have a lot of long-stay guests at Citrus Heights, we are trying to change the variety of food at our restaurant every day. We offer American style breakfast with bacon, sausages, ham, eggs, toasts, cereals, salads, fruits, pasrty, etc.
On your next visit with us please let me know if there is anything I can do, please feel free to reach me at guest.relations@citrusheightspatong.com

Best Regards,
Guest Relations Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (72)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed September 7, 2013

This modern hote isl conveniently situated (short 15-20 minute walk)frombeach &shopping. The complimentary shuttle service to the beach and Bang La Road was regular & the driver very obliging .
The staff were wonderful, friendly, always smiling & extremely helpful .Their English was excellent -easily understood.
The Superior room we stayed in was very spacious with modern decor . Great value for money. We will definitely stay again on our next trip.

Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank ken f
Gan S, Менеджер по обслуживанию клиентов at The ASHLEE Heights Patong Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, September 10, 2013
Dear ken f,
We are glad to read that you chose Citrus Heights Patong for your recent trip and It is great to hear how much you enjoyed your stay with us! I appreciate the mention of our excellent location, proximity to the beach and shopping area in Patong. Also thank you very much for complimenting our staff. It’s our goal to provide the exceptional service to all of our guests. I’m glad to hear we've achieved this. I will pass on your comments for the staff to read.
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience for the first time on TripAdvisor!

It was a pleasure welcoming you to Phuket, please come back and see us again at Citrus Heights Patong!

Warm Regards,
Karachi, Sindh, Pakistan
Reviewed September 3, 2013

nice modern spacious rooms, a bit far from the beach but they have free shuttles service from hotel to beach. pool is on top floor which gives the excellent view of phuket. good variety of breakfast. they gave us early check in, wifi was slow.

2 Thank Ali-Nawaz85
Dear Ali-Nawaz85,
Thank you for staying with Citrus Heights Patong and we are glad that you enjoyed your rooms, the pool area, shuttle service and breakfast. A lot of our guests arrive to hotel after long flights and we’re always trying to provide the room as soon as possible. I am happy to hear that we were able to accommodate you before standard check-in time.
We appreciate your feedback, and look forward to having the opportunity to welcome you back soon.
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed August 24, 2013

We had stayed here for 4 days. When we reach there on our first day, the room was ready for us instead of waiting and the check in process was fast. The check in staff followed us to our room explaining the room amenities. We had a beautiful view facing the mountains. The room was clean and well furnished. There isn't much facilities in the hotel thou apart from 3 bars and a swimming pool. The pool is relatively small but I cant ask for much since its a boutique hotel. There is only 1 lifts so its very slow. The buffet breakfast is really delicious however it would have been better if there were different options each day. There a place near the reception area to use the computers for checking your emails and stuffs like that. The internet connection is definitely high speed. The hotel also provides daily shuttle services from the hotel to Patong beach and Jungceylon Shopping Mall.

Room Tip: Best is to get the mountain view rooms as there is another hotel just right beside Citrus.
1 Thank Agnes Tania Rit... F
Gan S, Менеджер по обслуживанию клиентов at The ASHLEE Heights Patong Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, August 25, 2013
Dear Agnes Tania Rit... F,
The Citrus Heights Patong team is always happy to hear from guests. So it gave me great pleasure to read your overall positive review and I am glad that you were satisfied with our hotel amenities and service provided to you. Many of our guests arrive from a long flight on a daily basis and we try to offer an early check-in whenever possible. I am happy that we were able to accommodate you.
Thank you for mention our main hotel facilities: such as pool, business center, bars. You are right, our pool is not very big, but we are glad that we can offer nice Mountain View there. It’s a pleasant place to be in a very hot day, enjoying cool water and drinking some fresh juice or cocktails from out pool bar.
Thanks for recommending Citrus Heights Patong. We appreciate your review and look forward to welcoming you back in the future
Reviewed August 20, 2013

This hotel is a good hotel, but it's in an inconvenient position.
The facilities were good as it's a fairly new hotel. This was our first trip in Phuket and I found that I am sensitive to smell. I was sick due to the sewerage smell just outside the hotel and you can smell it in the stairway area behind the elevator.
The staff are all sincere and lovely, and once you're in your room, the air-con works great and the rooms are large and comfy. Breakfast spread is decent also.
The hotel is far from the main streets of Patong. 15 to 20 mins walk in rubble(there is no proper street as the hotel is located in a construction area).
After exploring Patong for a few hours we wanted to grab a quick shower and rest for a bit in the hotel, but each time we either catch a taxi to the hotel and out again or else we end up walking to the hotel and being too exhausted to go out again.
15 to 20 mins may not sound like much but in 35 degrees to 40 degrees temperatures it's quite exhausting.
Also the hotel has a shuttle service that we used. We took the 10am shuttle to Patong beach, we waited for the 4.15pm shuttle at the same place to take us back to the hotel and it never came. We waited 30 mins(it was raining) and the shuttle never showed so we caught a taxi back to the hotel. The reception said that the shuttle doesn't come if you don't tell the driver in the 10am shuttle to Patong, which shuttle you will come back on which i think is silly. There's only 4 shuttle rides (only takes a few minutes for the shuttle to drive to Patong beach) the whole day and how would everyone know exactly which time they expect to go back to the hotel?

TIP: Remember to tell the shuttle driver to come pick you up. Take a folding umbrella with you at all times as it rains sporadically throughout the day

My sincerest thanks to the staff. I accidently left my wallet on the bed before I went out and while out in Patong I realised and panicked and rushed back to the hotel, running in the 40 degree heat and found the housekeeper had seen it and not touched it, knowing that I would rush back. Thank you for waiting for me to come get it.

Room Tip: TIP: Remember to tell the shuttle driver to come pick you up, they won't if you don't. Take...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Gan S, Guest Relations Manager at The ASHLEE Heights Patong Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, August 21, 2013
Dear JessC1010,
Thank you for staying at Citrus Heights Patong during your recent trip to the Land of Smiles! And thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience with us.
I appreciate the mention of our comfortable rooms and our helpful staff. Our team is always trying to provide excellent service to each guest, but it always warms our hearts when we know that we’ve reached our goal.
I do apologize that our location didn't meet your expectations. Usually our guests are very much satisfied with the place. It’s very convenient to get to the beach (15-20 minutes walking) and to the Shopping Mall is about 10-15 min. I am afraid that during your stay there was road construction in front of our hotel, that is why it could be noisy and also impossible to use direct way to the center of Patong.

I hope that you can visit us again in the future and if there is anything that I can help you with on your next stay please feel free to reach me at guest.relations@citrusheightspatong.com

Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 13, 2013

The hotel is poorly built. The drainage water had seeped in and got into the pipes and mixed with drinking water. We were transfered to another hotel only for bath. We were again brought back to this terrible place for the rest of the day. There was no water even to flush, to use wash room. The receptionist was good, the wi-fi was not working, the staff at the breakfast buffet were rude.
Completely spoilt and greedy hotel. Not at all a 4 star. Visit dont go here for your own good.

Room Tip: Dont choose any room from here. Your travel agents might misguide you to come here. Dont get cheated...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank 25TravelPrincess
Gan S, Менеджер по обслуживанию клиентов at The ASHLEE Heights Patong Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, August 14, 2013
Dear 25TravelPrincess,

We are very sorry that you had such a bad experience during your visit to our hotel. Please accept our apology for all the inconveniences caused by water problems.
I would like to give you some details about this case. Unfortunately during that day the weather in Phuket was terrible, we had heavy shower all night long. A lot of places in Patong were flooded including our parking area on the ground floor of hotel. Some dirty water got into pipes; in that case we decided to stop our pump. Before turning on water pump we needed to pump out dirty water from the ground floor. It took some time, that is why we offered our guests to take a shower in other hotel. We also tried our best to provide excellent service for our guest in that unpleasant conditions by free room upgrading and providing complimentary Thai dinner.
We had change the water pump in Citrus Heights and we made sure that our water supply system is more protected now.

Once again, I am very sorry for the inconvenience this has caused you.

Guest Relations Manager

Travelers are raving about these Patong hotels

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed July 31, 2013

very clean room and well furnished..we booked the triple room, it is cheap and nice..there is swimming pool at rooftop..with the reasonable price, we really like it. and the location is convenient as well..hotel provides shuttle bus to patong beach and shopping center.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Jessywen
Gan S, Менеджер по обслуживанию клиентов at The ASHLEE Heights Patong Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, August 5, 2013
Dear Jessywen,
We are pleased to read that you chose Citrus Heights Patong for your recent trip with friends. I see that you booked the triple room and I am glad that you enjoyed it and enjoyed your stay at our hotel. Thank you for mention our opportune location, you are right we are in walking distance from everything that Patong area can offer. However, we do provide shuttle service for guests convenience.