“Good value, great location, clean and nice rooms.”

Golden House Hotel Patong Beach
Ranked #67 of 409 Patong B&B and Inns
Reviewed January 7, 2013

If you want somewhere easy on the budget and a little bit further from Bangla Road. This is a great spot, the restaurant downstairs is awesome. Rooms are both nice and clean, staff friendly and helpful.

Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank jaydoss
golden h, Owner at Golden House Hotel Patong Beach, responded to this reviewResponded January 19, 2013

Dear Jadan,

Thank you very much for your comments. We are very concern about this opinion of our value guests in order to improve and provide the best services according to the guests preferences.

Hope to see you again.

The Management

There are newer reviews for Golden House Hotel Patong Beach

Reviewed May 23, 2012

stayed thr for 4 nights without any annoying reason, comfortable, friendly n helpful staffs , beside the hotel got a 24 hours mart, easier for all travellers. Great value.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank SevinOoi

Dear SevinOoi,

We are very happy to hear that you were very satisfy during your stay with us and we appreciate that you took the time to post a review of our services. This is very helpful for us have the opinion from our value guests

Thank you again and we hope to see you again.

The Management of Golden House Hotel in Patong Beach

Reviewed April 10, 2012

My friend and I stayed for 2 nights and we had a wonderful stay in this hotel. Our room was well-kept, very organized and the bathroom was soooo clean! The hotel is located in the middle of everything. Walking around the town of Patong is pretty safe. Claudia and Lyn were so helpful in arranging our transportation needs and practically everything we needed during our stay. We weren't able to take the Phi Phi tour because of overbooked accommodations for the said tour. This will be the reason for us to go back to Patong and stay again in Golden House Hotel.

Cons: No light in the corridor of the 5th floor, no coffee/tea maker in the room and only 2 choices for the breakfast menu.

But hey, these cons are just minor things. If you want to have a cup of coffee before retiring at night, you could just ask someone from the reception desk for a cup of hot water and they'll gladly bring it to your room...Thanks Lyn! =) As for the dark corridors in the 5th floor...Well...During our first night, I couldn't help but remember that Thai horror flick I watched 7 years ago...SHUTTER..and OMG! We were in Thailand!!! :D At first, it gave me this eerie feeling that I couldn't shake off but then we got used to it & we felt safe already! =) As for the breakfast choices, I didn't enjoy it much since I don't eat pork. My friend, however, relished every morsel of the bacon, including MY bacon! :D They served bacon with eggs, croissant and baguette. Maybe they could add more choices for their breakfast menu, particularly for those who are non-pork eaters. :)

Airport to Hotel Transfer Advise:
The hotel does airport transfers but they advised me via email that it's more expensive that way. I was told just to get a limo service straight from the airport which charges 700 BHT compared to 1000 BHT if the service would be coming from the hotel. But when we landed in Phuket, we met a very nice and outgoing Swiss couple and told us to to take the MINI VAN instead. It will bring you right in front of your hotel and charges for only 150 BHT per person. You just have to wait for the van to be filled-up with its commuters. It was just like a 5-minute wait for the van to be full. =)

I'll see you soooooon Phuket! :)

Room Tip: I think all rooms are perfectly excellent! =)
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank pssstpssstpssst
golden h, Propriétaire at Golden House Hotel Patong Beach, responded to this reviewResponded April 12, 2012

Thanks a lot for your comment. We are very happy to hear your satisfaction. This is our aim!

We hope to see you again soon. Do not hesitate to contact us directly with your requirements and it will be our pleasure to serve you again.

Note: As for the light in the corridor, we will ensure that it is fixed immediately. As for the Van from the airport, yes, I omited to mention this option.

Thanks Again.

The Management

Reviewed February 8, 2012

We can't count the mid budget hotels in Patong Beach! This hotel has just what makes the difference! Well maintain, very clean, spacious rooms and especially a very friendly and useful staff. The owner, a french woman, is always looking at providing any supports to her customers, whatever it is in her hotel, or to give an easy life and enjoy holidays to the customers. Whatever you need, she will always do her best to make your life easier, enjoying and relaxing during your stay in Phuket!
I really enjoyed my time there! Also, there is an excellent French restaurant in the lobby area, where you can have any type of breakfast, lunch and real french food.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled solo

Thank you for this excellent comment.

Yes, we are making all our effort to keep our place nice and clean, with our friendly staff. We are also glad with our bar / restaurant area where we can provide to our guests a good atmosphere to relax and enjoy a nice meal prepared by our French chef.

Thanks again

Reviewed February 7, 2012

nice place to sleep . I stayed there for 7 nights and I enjoyed both the friendly staff and peace of the place. i do recommend it to backpackers

Room Tip: the best rooms are the ones with no balcony since they are roomy and quiet
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 22, 2012

I landed in Patong at night without booking a hotel, willing to take potluck. I got dropped in the centre of town near the Jungceylon mall and started walking. I made it passed about 20 massage parlours full of bored young girls with nothing much to do. They all seemed really interested in making my feet feel better.
10 minutes along the road I saw the name of this hotel as I had researched a few online. I will admit I was looking for Coast Star Mansion but didn't find it, luckily. Do yourself a favour and don't stay there! I checked it out and its a bit rough. Same price range as this hotel but there's a vast difference.
Anyway, Golden House is very nice and I've stayed in 4star resorts that are very similar in room quality. The owner managers are French and the house restaurant features French cuisine as well as local and western dishes.
My huge room faced away from the street and as a result was dead quiet all night and all morning. The room was huge, the bed was a comfortable king and the bathroom was clean and tidy. No complaints. No view from the window which was fine by me. I don't travel to spend a lot of time looking out the window. I was happy enough to stay on for 5 nights here.
Everything is handy like 7/11's, ATMs, motorbike hire, etc the desk staff generally spoke good English and were friendly and helpful as well. It was a relief to have a pleasant hotel room close to everything without being knee deep in hookers. Those places are 10 minutes up the road!

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank craigbowen234
Reviewed January 15, 2012

a very nice and good Hotel. Cheap prices for a good service and very nice people. Situated in the centre you can reach most of the beaches easily. Shops are available near the hotel and bikes can be rented at low price. All in all a good solution for your stay in Patong

Room Tip: nice and clean rooms for a cheap price
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled with friends