“Good value for money”

Ranked #113 of 322 Hotels in Patong
Singapore, Singapore
“Good value for money”
Reviewed July 12, 2014

I stayed here in June 2014. The hotel is new, clean, and very comfortable. We had a connecting room which is perfect for my family. The location is very convenient to both Bangla road and patong beach. Highly recommend to all visitors to Phuket. The best part is the price... 5 star accommodation for a fraction of the price.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

1 Thank 533Hanoi533
Gan S, Guest Relations Manager at The ASHLEE Plaza Patong Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, July 17, 2014
Dear Guest, 533Hanoi533,
Thank you for taking the time and sharing your feedback on your recent stay with us. We are very delighted to learn that you have such a positive impression after staying at our Citin Plaza Patong.Hotel&Spa. That is great that your family could enjoy our connecting rooms, convenient location and reasonable price.
We will be happy to see you again. Meanwhile we send you our best wishes and sunny greetings from Phuket and Citin Plaza Patong!
Guest Relations Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (71)
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Reviewed July 1, 2014 via mobile

We stayed here for 5 nights and it was great. The hotel was cheap and the reviews seemed pretty positive so we booked up! And it was great, check in process was quick and easy. Front of house staff were very friendly, the hotel had great rooms and was exceptionally clean! Pool was a great little touch also. The location, for me was perfect. It's far enough away from everything to get a perfect sleep, but within 30 seconds if walking you hit and amazing good market. Then 10 minutes from that Bangla street! The walk seems far but there are markets along the way which are better than the markets near the street!

Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Sam H
Gan S, Guest Relations Manager at The ASHLEE Plaza Patong Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, July 5, 2014
Dear Sam H,
Thank you for sharing your experience with us and our future guests via TripAdvisor. We are very pleased to learn that your stay at Citin Plaza was so wonderful and you had such a great time with us. We appreciate your mention of our friendly staff, exceptional cleanliness and convenient location.
We will be happy to see you again and provide you the same exceptional service you truly deserve. We hope for the next trip to the Land of Smiles you choose our Citin Plaza Patong hotel. Please send me an email (guest.relations@citrusheightspatong.com) before placing a new booking, so I may see to it personal.
Kind Regards,
Singapore
Reviewed June 29, 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for 2 nights for a business retreat in March 2014. I would say we had a lovely trip!
We contacted Ms Aey (Director of Sales) and their service was tops! As we were a large group, most request put forth to the team were met without much trouble. Rooms are very new though we were separated into 2 blocks since we booked many rooms.
Although I read reviews about bad wifi signals, I had no problems with it, we simply used the wifi at the lounge/lobby.
The team at Citin Plaza did an awesome job. Feedbacks from colleagues were great too~
I would definitely recommend this hotel!

Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank pink_akachan
Dear Pink_akachan,
Thank you very much for your feedback and comments. We are very happy to learn that your team and you enjoyed your stay with us, thank you for joining us and spending your business retreat at Citin Plaza Patong. We are glad to know that our service was on top and our team ensured you had a great and comfortable stay.
Please come and visit us again, if not for the business trip, then for your holiday with friends, family or as a solo traveler.
Thank you once again for the recommendation; hope to see you soon at Citin Plaza Patong
Reviewed June 22, 2014

I stayed here with my wife in May of 2014. Very neat place and located in a very quiet area with no one to disturb you. The rooms were very neat and also came with good service from the staff. No complaints towards the staff of the hotel. The only issue is it is a little far from the middle of the city. If that aint seem to bother you, then it's a really good place to stay in.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

1 Thank DreamCatcher217
Gan S, Guest Relations Manager at The ASHLEE Plaza Patong Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, June 25, 2014
Dear Winston D,
it is always a pleasure for us to read such a reviews about the stay of our clients at our Citin Plaza Patong Hotel and we thank you very much for using TripAdvisor for this. It is so good to know that you have been satisfied with the rooms and the efforts of our staff. The location may look a bit far from the center, but at the same time Citin Plaza is away from noisy streets and not far from the beach. Also we provide free scheduled shuttle service.
We hope to see you soon again and meanwhile we send you all our best wishes and sunny regards from Phuket.
Reviewed June 18, 2014

I forgot to write this review but I stayed in Citin Plaza in April with my boyfriend. We had come down the road after having a horrific night in coco resort (don't go there!)
In honesty I'd have been glad of almost anything after the previous hotel but we were honestly so relieved when we arrived! The staff were friendly and helpful; they let us check in early and we were showed to our room in 1 of a few of their neighbouring buildings.
The buildings interiors are modern and stylish and walking through, you can smell the fresh cleaning products (this is a comfort if you've just come from a bug riddled hotel).
Our room was for gorgeous; modern clean and spacious with a balcony and seating area.
There was free wifi, complimentary bottles of water, tea and coffee, soaps etc.
There was also a welcome booklet, explaining not only details about the hotel and the services they provided such as shuttle busses to the beach but also information of etiquette and such as a little friendly advice to tourists.
Personally I didn't think the hotel was that far from the beach, probably a 10minute walk but it was always a nice stroll in the gorgeous weather.
The hotel has it's own cute little graded and a few bakery's near by. There's a few 7/11's and family marts nearby and a big night market just next to it.

There are also swimming pools, I think at least one on the roof of each building but Im sure you can use any of them. There were 2 pools on our roof, completely separated.

One thing I would say was that there weren't many sun loungers but they may have been in storage as it wasn't high season; this never bothered us anyway we were often the only people there.
If you don't mind the walk then there is a big shopping complex nearby and also bangla road; If I remember right it only cost us 150Baht from bangla stadium after the muai thai one night.

They also helped us arrange transfers and the option of other services were also available.
The night before our early morning transfer, a member of staff delivered a letter to our room reminding us of the time of our pick up and how they hope we enjoyed our stay, I thought that was a really nice touch.

We loved our stay here I would definitely recommend it.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Tara G,
Thank you for taking the time to share your positive feedback of your recent visit with us. I am sorry that you had such an unpleasant experience in the first hotel; however, I am truly delighted to read that this gave you the opportunity to stay with us in Citin Plaza Patong. I am glad that you enjoyed your spacious room and interior of the hotel. Thank you for your very kind words pertaining to our staff. We're always glad to hear that our staff is doing a great job of taking care of our valued guests. I have also shared your comments with the entire team to acknowledge of their efforts to make our guests’ visits more memorable and pleasant.
Thank you for recommendation. We hope that the next time your travels bring you to Phuket, you come back and visit us at Citin Plaza Patong. Please contact me directly for any assistance you may need before placing a new booking (guest.relations@citrusheightspatong.com).

Mandaluyong, Philippines
Reviewed June 18, 2014 via mobile

I am very particular with Guest Services and i seldom do reviews unless i feel they establishment deserves a kudos. Citin is one of the rare hotels i would like to compliment. First, the cost is very affordable. I was worrying on my way to the hotel what disaster i might encounter since i had a very good deal but when i arrive, surprised that the room and amenities surpassed my expectations. I also got good service from their technical staff when i complaint about my internet and they didn't hesitate to transfer me to another room without much talk or discussion. I was also allowed to checked in late since my flight is still in the evening.

Overall, i cannot say anything bad with their services, their staff and the location.

Will not look for any other accommodation eventhough i can see a lot of nice hotels in the area. Its enough that i experience a very good service from CITIN PLAZA.

-Christopher Reyes

Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
Dear Mr. Christopher Reyes,
Thank you for giving Citin Plaza Patong Hotel a try. I am glad that you enjoyed our room and amenities, but most importantly, that our service team was able to make your stay more pleasant and relaxing. Thank you again for giving us an opportunity to serve you; we certainly look forward to hosting you the next time you are traveling to Phuket.
Thank you too for using Tripadvisor.
Sunny Regards from Phuket,
New Delhi, India
Reviewed June 12, 2014

We stayed in this hotel for four nights and I regret to point out that this was perhaps the worst experience we had at any Citin Property anywhere in the world.

Things started out well. The check-in was most efficient. In fact the staff at the reception at that time was the best person we encountered in the hotel (I should have asked her name so I could mention it here). The Place itself was good and so was the neighborhood. The housekeeping services were also good, even though on one of the days we found that the staff was trying to force room cleaning on us even though it was not the best suited time for us. She agreed to come back later almost grudgingly, and this did not leave a good taste.

The main problem was almost a total lack of sensitivity towards the customer experience. As you checked-into the the room, you were greeted by a Price List of the amenities placed in the room. This included things like the pillow and the bed and the towels and flash light etc. Maybe you had some bad customers pilfering things in the past, my recommendation is that you find a better way of controlling the problem rather than slapping this price-list on all customers. On top of that various things listed in the Price-list were never there in the room and even though there was never any dispute on this, it left a feeling of uncertainty till check out. There was also a price list of the stuff in the mini-bar, which is OK except that there was never anything in the minibar. The worst experience came when we needed a bottle opener and did not find one kept in the room. We were told by the reception that the entire hotel has only one bottle opener and that we need to carry our bottles to the restaurant if we wanted to use the bottle opener. This, in my multiple decades of travel, is the worst thing I have ever heard from any hotel staff. I wonder what other TA users would say about this. Also, we were not able to figure out who was the target for the breakfast they served. It was certainly not meant for the Indian palate. We were rather disappointed with the breakfast.

The checkout process was also very smooth. Incidentally the check out was handled by the same girl who had handled the check-in.

Overall, while other things could be well understood, it was that one bad experience about the bottle opener which marred what could otherwise have been a reasonably nice experience.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Gan S, Guest Relations Manager at The ASHLEE Plaza Patong Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, June 13, 2014
Dear Sanranj,
Thank you for choosing Citin Plaza Patong during your stay in Phuket. We really appreciate your feedback and such a detailed review on your stay. Please accept my sincere apologies if you think that housekeeper was not professional and polite enough, they are usually very flexible with the time for cleaning guests rooms and always receive compliments from our guests for being very friendly, attentive and for providing great service.
Regarding the bottle opener, I am very surprised to get this information. I’ve transferred your comments to the Head of Front Office Dept. to bring up this issue to our new staff and make sure such a misunderstanding will never happened again.
We are happy that overall you had pleasant and comfortable stay with us. Thank you again for sharing your comments with us, that’s how our valued guests make us better and more professional.
Please let me give some comments about breakfast. We serve American style breakfast at our restaurant and also some variety of Asian dishes. In future we are planning to have Indian chef to be able to satisfy the taste variety of our numerous guests. We hope you will visit us again and find the positive changes in our service,
Please come back soon and give us another chance to show our famous Thai hospitality and provide you exceptional service you truly deserve!
Guest Relations Manager

Travelers are raving about these Patong hotels