“Once Again An Outstanding Stay!!!”
Review of Lemongrass Hotel

Lemongrass Hotel
Ranked #15 of 409 Patong B&B and Inns
Reviewed May 15, 2013

This is my second stay here at the Lemongrass Patong after approx 13 months. I believe the management has changed from my stay here last year, however it still remains my favourite as the service & quality remains the same Perhaps even better!!

Firstly, Phuket is not really a place to be staying indoors as you have loads to do such as driving/ riding around to various beaches, Jungceylon Mall, Shooting Range, eateries scuba etc.. So the cost for a room here is really dirt cheap keeping in mind the rooms & service they offer are extremely clean & comfortable to come back & sleep over at nights.

Secondly, this hotel is situated close to Patong beach as well as a drivable/ ridable distance to other great beaches that Phuket has to offer such as Kata, Karon etc.. I prefer the other beaches to Patong as they are much more cleaner and less crowded.

Thirdly, Night life is in Patong so if you are someone looking for that, then hey you are still close to it keeping in mind the price that you would pay.

Fourthly, step out of the hotel & you have a Family Mart (24/7 store) that you can fetch for anything from Alcohol to First Aid :) and everything that you may need or expect from a general store. So cheers to that!! Literally 5 seconds to get to the store for all your needs.

Fifthly, you need to rent a bike to enjoy around in Phuket (I prefer the bike to Tuk Tuk's or Taxi's) and as tourists we will be apprehensive to leave our passports around with rentals on the streets even though it is safe to do so (I guess its just in the head :) but the hotel offers bike rentals and you need not pledge your passport. So that really works great for me and sure for most of us. However, The hotel does charge 50 Baht more than the street rentals for bike's but I still believe that is much better than having to mess around with your passport.

Lastly, The breakfast is great, the service is outstanding (ask for anything sane and it is arranged for or at least they try their best). Ride back to the airport is pretty much a deal too (We were four adults with loads of luggage and got a Prado at just 900 Baht, however if you are willing to share a minivan which would go around picking up people from around the place would work out much cheaper).

CONCLUSION: Absolutely worth the money, very clean rooms & bathroom, functional AC which really gets cold at nights unlike some dingy ones I have come across for this amount that you pay, excellent location, 5 second access to alcohol or provisions 24/7, proximity to Patong beach, Night life & Jungceylon Mall. What more can one ask for!!!

A stunner for me - 10/10!!!! Enjoy readers!!!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank SunilSaldanha
There are newer reviews for Lemongrass Hotel

Reviewed May 7, 2013

The staff were really friendly and welcoming and very helpful - and they all spoke good English. The room was a good size, well laid out and very clean and tidy - as was everywhere. The hotel is easy to find, and not too far from the beach - a reasonably easy walk and all on the flat, but away from any noisy or rowdy areas, so there were no noise issues at all. Having the restaurant downstairs and a 7-11 right next door were also really convenient and the meals that I had there were good and reasonably priced. All up a great place to stay and I am happy to recommend it.

Room Tip: I would suggest a deluxe room on the front of the building with a good sized balcony.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed May 3, 2013

Great value at Lemongrass. We paid $18 for 2 nights and $15 for a 3rd. It's a short walk to the beach but far enough from the craziness of Patong. Staff was great and restaurant was good as well. Was one of the best I've stayed in on our trip. Also got a free upgrade.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 19, 2013

As mentioned by another review, I have to reiterate that it is BEYOND EXPECTATIONS : ) We were very impressed with the room with the inexpensiv price that we paid for. It is clean and with modern amenities. The guy in the reception can speak and understand english very well which makes communicating easy. The staff are helpful and accomodating. They even have an adaptor for our charger. The wifi is unbelievably fast. Location is a 10 min walk to the beach . This hotel was recommended to us by our friend, so we would like to continue to suggest them to others as well. They truly deserve it.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 19, 2013 via mobile

I needed to book a cheap hotel for 2 nights from my arrival back from Similan Islands and my flight to Bangkok. This hotel was cheap, reasonably convinient and the rooms comfortable. If I was coming on a holiday I wouldn't choose to stay here as its still a relatively long walk to the beach, Bangla road and jungceylon but for a 2 night business stay it was fine. My balcony had a 2 inch gap between the end of it and a brick wall so not really a view or anything but not the end of the world. Restaurant food was overpriced for tiny portions. This is something that only posh, expensive, branded restaurants can get away with, not here. Rather annoying how unhelpful staff were when I needed to get to the airport by 5am the next morning but at least they let me check out.

• Stayed: March 2013
Reviewed April 18, 2013 via mobile

On our first day at Phuket, we were hungry and wanted to eat some decent food in a decent place. We were staying at Citin Plaza at Patong, it was just two minutes from the hotel. The food was delicious. We tried a lot of Thai dishes.. An awesome experience . It's value for money kind of joint .. Must try !!

• Stayed: April 2013
Reviewed April 15, 2013

We stayed at the lemon grass hotel during a one night stay in patong for thai new year water festival. the town was crazy, and there was nothing to do that particular weekend other than drink and get wet. however, the hotel was superb for the purpose we needed it for. the room was clean with modern decor and the en suite shower room was great. there was no window in our room however, but all we needed was a bed for the night. the price was also very reasonable - 600 baht. the staff were friendly in the restaurant below, which served food in line with the pricing of the hotel. pleasant none the less. i would not hesitate to stay here again.

Room Tip: ask for a room with a view.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple