“Fair enough ” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Nirvana Inn

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Nirvana Inn
Ranked #166 of 319 Hotels in Patong
Visakhapatnam (Vizag), India
“Fair enough ”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 24, 2014 via mobile

Run by an expat, quite a decent hotel. All charges are transparent. Aircon does double time with no effect though. It is in close proximity to all the so called "happening places " in phuket, however we didn't find anything happening at all. Rooms are spacious and beds are good. No telephone in room which means no room service. Not the very best but good value for money.

Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 10, 2014 via mobile

Nice hotel, clean and friendly staff. The owner is also very helpful.
Anyway ... Nice location away from center but 5 min by motorcycle.
We enjoyed our stay at the Nirvana Inn!
If we go back to Phuket we WILL get back there.

Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Michael A
Nice, France
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 8, 2014

Considering it was the cheapest we found we were expecting a dump but we were quite please. Very clean, big room with AC. The cleaning ladies were very helpful with us when we encountered a problem ( taxi did not show up ).

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2013

I highly recommend this italian run hotel, clean room, good A/C, TV with Tea/coffee making facilities, and a quite location but close enough to anything required, have just spent 3 weeks here and would definately return.Easy to park motorbike and a laundry service within 20 metres, a 'family Mart at the end of the road also.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
nirvannainn, Owner at Nirvana Inn, responded to this review, November 15, 2013
Thanks for your review. But the truth is that you are a five star person. Your presence was a pleasure only Sir. Your sense of humor and your kindness will not be forgotten. Me and all the stuff are really happy that you went home satisfied. This is when a “customer” becomes a friend. I can’t imagine a better way to relate. Thank you again.
Navi Mumbai, India
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 11, 2013

Nice and comfortable stay at this hotel. My wife and I spent 3 nights. The hotel staff upgraded us with the deluxe superior room at the same price on the day when I arrived, although we booked superior room. Customer service is really good especially manger Buan (not sure how to spell) was very kind in all regards. The hotel is run by the Italy family and hence more or less a family type of environment.

The hotel can help you put with the tour booking, but we managed to get this very easily from online or there are lot of kiosk outside the road hence you should not bother much.

This place is at the other street of pubs and disc and hence no disturbance of night life, if you coming with your family or wife. 7/11 and other marts are at walking distance.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
nirvannainn, Direttore generale at Nirvana Inn, responded to this review, October 13, 2013
It was a pleasure to meet a family like this. Tourists who like to live every minute of their vacation. Enthusiastic and viable. In my opinion there is only one way to travel : be pry and tireless.
You are both.
Sincerely yours
Maddalena
Toronto, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 5, 2013

For a rather grimy and expensive city, the Nirvana Inn is a fine place to stay a night or two. It was our first point of touch-down on arrival in Thailand. Rooms are clean and the Italian couple who own it were friendly and helpful. Cost was about $35CA a night. No complaints.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 25, 2013

Aweful aweful location for an inn.
I chose this hotel from hundreds available in Patong for 2 reasons: the beautiful photos on this site and great reviews on tripadvisor synonymous with reliability and quality. Checked-in and it was actually poor level of cleanliness: stink perennial and continuous sheets with stains, "signs" brown on the wall, shower mat filthy, indecent sink, shower grate with hair. (See the photos I posted). Even the corridors were stains with marks and filt. The rooms allocated to us, despite my specific request; were on 2 different levels and not on the same level. The rooms were completely different from those posted on the website: furniture minimal, consisting in bed with two pillows and white sheets (nothing like colorful pillows and bedspread on the website), only one bedside table, zero hangers in the closet (I had to request them). Most importantly the bathroom was the dreadful note: amenities having the name of another hotel, no glasses as toothbrush holder, showers has no curtain, with continuous flooding consequently the entire bathroom and finally no plugs to charge shavers.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank Mahommad A
nirvannainn, Owner at Nirvana Inn, responded to this review, July 28, 2013
Dear Mr Mahommad,
I am a surprised about this review after having had the excellence award from Trip Advisor as per many continuous good reviews.I am shocked because it seems a description of another Hotel, or a big misunderstanding. We have to check it together.

First of all we had no customer from Abu Dabi in the mentioned period as far as I know.

We double checked all the vouchers and bookings today but I can't. find any trace of you. As per documents you have never been our guest. We have to keep all the registrations as per law. Besides I was here personally. Where are the pictures? Can I see it? By the way we hadn't any great reviews on TripAdvisor at the time. So is impossible for you to have chosen us because of the reviews.
I need some evidence than we should discuss the topic in a friendly way.

About the cleanness of my Hotel the description doesn't fit with reality too.
Is checked by my general manager personally and I have professional cleaners checking the rooms every day.
I live in the Hotel myself and there is no permanent stink or strange smells as the rooms are perfumed everyday and we don’t live near to any smelly river and the rubbish is collected very far from my location.
The rooms are exactly as seen in the pictures, with towels shaped and colored bands on the top.
The furniture are the nice furniture that every two star hotel has and for sure the bathroom or the corridors are not filthy, we disinfect everyday and put strong products against every possible insect every day.
Besides he talks about pictures. I need to see the pictures so we have an evidence.

There is another Nirvana in Patong, but not Nirvana inn. Maybe you have been there. Is funny that a person send a review in July when he has been here in November with the family. Can you explain to me why you decided to write this review now?

I will attach my file about the mentioned period even if is a very private information. Just for your INFO if you ask. I can't attach from here. You don't appear. What is the surname you booked with?

Michele Tumminelli
Nirvana inn owner.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Patong
SM Resort
#46 of 319 in Patong
Nirvana
Nirvana
#25 of 397 in Patong

Been to Nirvana Inn? Share your experiences!