“Hard to believe place like this exist.”

Andaman Phuket Hotel
Ranked #153 of 321 Hotels in Patong
New South Wales, Australia
“Hard to believe place like this exist.”
Reviewed August 24, 2013

It may be just a stones throw from the markets, but you will think it is an entirely different part of town. Tucked away from the main roads, this little gem get little to no street noise and is simple enough to find your way back once you start venturing out by yourself so no real fear of getting lost. The staff were very helpful and quite friendly (even locking yourself out of thwe room at 2am, they still managed a polite smile and warm greeting). I probably spent more time chatting with them than anyone else there, helping me with the finer points of the Thai language, directions and what to beware of when you venture out after dark. The food I found to be top notch which made me wish I had eaten there more often, and the fruit juices were probably some of the best I have had in a long time. The air conditioned rooms were clean and tidy and the beds comfortable with nice thick curtains. You may not think about it but after a long night, come back and put air con on and make sure the curtains are pulled shut then fall asleep, you will wake up in the afternoon, in the dark and not know what time it is except from the small rays of sunlight from around the edge of the curtains. All in all I found it to be a relaxing and comfortable place to stay, good food and a great location with really friendly staff. If life ever sends be back Thailands way, I know where I'll be staying, without a doubt.

Thankyou to Ric and the crew.

Room Tip: High floors are closer to the spa, pool and sauna.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Ric W, Owner at Andaman Phuket Hotel, responded to this review, August 26, 2013
Well I am obviously very happy with this review and I thank AKO for taking the time to review our Hotel.
My staff all try very hard to be courteous and helpful to all our guests and from this review, we can see it is being recognised.

We look forward very much to your return

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed August 19, 2013

This place is away from the hustle and bustle of the main drag so it's quiet but not too far from the entertainment of Bangla Rd or whatever else takes your fancy.
Everything is new. The staff are excellent. Food is great, just a pity not more people see it from the road.
So if you want a great nights sleep, good food and happy smiling faces you can't beat it.
It has WiFi, a safe in the room, cater for all side tours and they own their own dive boat at Chalong Bay if you want to go and experience scuba diving!!!
They have brand new motorbikes to hire.
Simon Cabaret is a 3 minute walk away.
Beach is a 5 minute walk, most of the time you can have the pool to yourself though.
Bangla Rd and Jung Ceylon are a 200baht ($7US) taxi ride away.
can't recommend highly enough.
Always my preferred choice from now on in Patong!!!

Room Tip: Can't beat Floor 5....bigger balconies!
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Ric W, Owner at Andaman Phuket Hotel, responded to this review, August 21, 2013
I want to thank "VIKING" I got to meet him on his stay with us, so I know his name.
We always try very hard to look after everyone who comes to stay with us.
If you have a problem, then it is OUR problem, having said that, Mr Viking was very complimentary about our hotel and his short stay, he was in our restaurant every night and enjoyed the food and especially our Australian and French wines.
He hired one of our motorbikes and travelled around the area and also went out on our DIVE BOAT the "PRAPIS 12" to Racha yai the day before he left.
I am pleased that we are now his "preferred choice" when he next visits our Hotel.
Our new website will be operational in about 3 weeks (5th-10th September) so I hope everyone will take a look at it and book their next holiday with us online and also come DIVING or SNORKELLING with the SIMILAN QUEEN DIVING CENTER.

OWNER
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed May 7, 2013

My wife and I were stayed here after our original hotel. We were so glad that the change was positive! As this is a new hotel, it is not busy and overcrowded so everyday we stayed (7 nights), we had the beautiful pool to ourselves. We also went to Phi Phi island but because we told them the night before about our early departure (7am), they were ready for us and gave us a 6.30am wake up call. The breakfast each morning was great, especially the roast potatoes. The lady working in the restaurant in the morning is lovely with a lot of personality and humour, she made our mornings entertaining, even though sometimes the staff are difficult to communicate with, a little patience and a relaxed attitude goes a long way.

Room Tip: Introduce yourself to Ric the owner, excellent host cannot do enough for you.
Ric W, Owner at Andaman Phuket Hotel, responded to this review, May 9, 2013
On behalf of my hard working staff I would like to thank Richard for his review, it is pleasing to know that all the hard work started back on the 1st November when we took over is making a difference. We still have a long way to go and encourage any reviews, both good and bad from our guests that identify a problem that they find and we can remedy.
Once again thank you Richard (GREAT NAME THAT !!)

Owner/Operator
Andaman Phuket Hotel
Rijeka, Primorsko-Goranska, Croatia
Reviewed April 13, 2013

My husband and I were staying at this hotel when we went to Thailand for our honeymoon. We can not even describe how great it was! The staff was very friendly for the first moment, the room was always clean and tidy- then clean every day inthe morning when we leave for beach and the dinner we had there the first night was also so tasty that I would always recommend it to at least try it once while you're staying there--- we didnt eat there afterwards because we wanted to see a lot of other places too, and also it was a bit more expensive then in some local pubs... The pool is also nice and clean althouh a bit small but I would anyways recommend you to go to the beach- not the towns beach but the one that is 5 km from the town of Patong and it is called The Paradise Beach- it's magnificent! so close to the town and still has amazing submarine life and coral reefs! Also I would advise you to for at least one day rent a motorbike- cuz that's the right way to try and live in Thailand - it's just such an adrenalin rush to be incorporated in their fussy traffic!

Room Tip: it's in a area of town which does not have such a nice view (that's why it is cheaper) but b...
Ric W, Owner at Andaman Phuket Hotel, responded to this review, April 14, 2013
I thank Maja for the review, I took over the Hotel on the 1st november and am slowly making changes. My front office staff whilst not being fluent in English do a very good job, we have a lot of Nationalities staying with us and they try to understand everybodies requests. We have reasonably priced, good quality food in the restaurant with our guests receiving 20% discount when they dine, we don't expect our guests to eat here every night but we are happy they did so for one of their nights

For the Andaman Phuket Hotel
Best Regards
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed March 3, 2013

Friendly staff, but their English wasn't so good, so sometimes communication wasn't ideal. But good enough to get the main points across. We didn't eat at the restaurant here, as there were plenty of other dining options nearby.

Within walking proximity to the beach, yet quiet enough from all the noise for a good night's sleep.

Free wi-fi and outdoor swimming pool. Small fitness room, but it was too hot to use. And who would use the sauna in such hot weather, too? The lights in the pool wouldn't turn on, so we had to ask the staff to turn them on. And the bubbles in the jacuzzi didn't work.

Wi-fi was a bit spotty at times, but there were a couple of options to choose from, so we generally got some signal.

Overall, pretty good for a few nights stay.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Ric W, Owner at Andaman Phuket Hotel, responded to this review, October 24, 2013
I thank l-Lin 10 for giving us a lovely review, we take every opportunity to look after our guests. We hope to have them back here again and again

London UK
Reviewed January 23, 2013

Beautiful hotel - beautiful rooms and great location close enough to walk to the centre of Patong, but far enough out to be quiet enough to sleep! Would stay here again (although see next paragraph) and the receptionist called Piano (who worked most afternoons and evenings) made me and others feel very welcome and greeted us all with a huge smile and 'hello' every time we walked in or out - the way Patong used to be everywhere. I was the only Brit in the hotel as far as I could tell - everyone else seemed to be Russian, but thankfully mostly Russian couples or families, not the macho and aggressive/noisy single Russian males who seem to dominate Patong at present.

Sadly the one exception (as mentioned by another reviewer) to my pleasant stay in this lovely hotel was one of the reception/hotel staff who seemed to be an owner or related to the management. A middle aged Thai lady who was quite simply rude and utterly unfriendly no matter what - almost a Thai version of Basil Fawlty - I would hesitate to come back on this basis alone - why should I give my hard earned money to someone who clearly couldnt care less how she treats her paying customers?! A great shame - but I suspect nothing will change as I got the impression she was part of the ownership or management.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank PhilLondonUK
Ric W, Owner at Andaman Phuket Hotel, responded to this review, April 14, 2013
I am the Owner of the Hotel and I took over in November 2012. I know of the lady to which this guest is referring. I can assure him that this person was not a representative of this Hotel ("BASIL FAWLTY..........YES.....................MANAGMENT......................NO !!!!! ) she was a receptionist who has now been fired because of her unfriendly manners and attitude in dealing with our guests. Piano has unfortunately returned home to be with her mother, but our front office staff now are excellent and work very hard to look after our guests inquiries. I have the best staff an Owner could have.
Please come back and stay with us again and you will see

For the Andaman Phuket Hotel

Best Regards

Edmonton, Canada
Reviewed December 31, 2012

Andaman Phuket Hotel - Patong Beach
Location
The hotel is in an okay location with good surrounding amenities. Outside of the hotel was a great coffee shop with fresh pastries, we enjoyed this spot daily. Beside the coffee shop was a bank with a foreign money exchange which came in handy. A taxi port is also at this block and a close spot to have your laundry done which is great. The hotel was approx a 7-10 min walk to the beach and had sidewalks most of the way. We tended to steer clear of the beach west of our hotel (south end of Patong Beach) as the water was a different colour and not as nice as the water at the other end of Patong Beach (we had previously stayed in a different hotel at the north end) we were later told that a main sewer drain is situated down at the end with the murky dark colour so your looking at a 40 minute walk to nice beach water or 200bht taxi ride. Not ideal, but fine as there is lots to see along the way.

Our room was decent, spacious and clean. Comparable to a Super 8 hotel for the price of a Marriott. We longingly looked at some of the higher end hotels and Even the Holiday Inn which boasted better rooms and better locations and views. Our balcony view was absent of any sun and looked directly into the rooms of the adjacent hotel via a back ally. The lobby had a pool table which was out of service for our entire stay as a giant light fixture was parked on top and was waiting to be installed. The restaurant\ bar was okay but nothing to write home about. I was really unimpressed that in a location like Phuket where tropical fruit is plentiful and cheap that we didn't have a better selection at breakfast. The fruit tray was set beside a fire hot toaster oven, so at best the watermelon was warm if not hot, depending on what time we came to breakfast and how long the tray was sitting for. The second day I noticed a number of fruit flies on the fruit and so I started buying my own fruit from the fruit market, keeping it in my room fridge and taking it to breakfast. Pitiful. The restaurant was also never busy and we ate breakfast at different times during our stay, it made me seriously question how long some of the food was sitting out on warmers, and made me miss the made to order breakfast we had at the Patong Forest Hotel. We never used the pool, it looked nice but we are beach people.
The font desk woman, who was there most mornings was one of the least friendly Thai's we encountered. Ever. I didn't expect English to be spoken but a smile is the same in any language, my husband and I even tried greeting her with a common Thai greeting and she didn't even look up from her computer screen. She was rude whenever we asked a question and so we waited until other people were at the desk to make inquiries. Our room attendant was great, and friendly. So was the taxi driver for the hotel- we arranged for the hotel car to take us to the airport. He was great, spoke enough English for us to converse for nearly the entire hour long ride.

Overall our room and location was fine, but the food and service was not good. Based on the interactions with the front desk I would never return nor recommend to friends, too bad because we heard this hotel is owned by an Austrailian and so assumed a better experience. .,

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank capezio
Ric W, Owner at Andaman Phuket Hotel, responded to this review, November 8, 2013
I am sorry that I missed this review and did not respond sooner
Since taking over we have made a lot of changes, some have been good and some NOT SO
But we do try to make our guests comfortable and have a relaxed holiday.
We do hope that you will try us one more time so that we can show to you our ongoing commitment of giving you a better holiday than our competition
We take every review on board that we receive, after we took over on November 2012

Regards