“Good, but not perfect”
Review of Magnifique Tailor

Magnifique Tailor
Ranked #1 of 75 Shopping in Patong
More attraction details
Owner description: Established since 1991, Magnifique Tailor is one of the shops from the first generation of tailor shops in Phuket. We provide fine custom tailoring experiences for both men and women. Suits, dresses and uniforms are our specialty with designers working to determine customer requirements. Our styles range from classic to modern styles. We pay close attention to our workmanship and customer service is our priority.
Reviewed February 2, 2013

We also read on Tripadvisor that they were highly recommended and their service was excellent. Despite us sending them an email with the picture of the dress we wanted and them confirming that they had the matching color, they didn't have the right colour fabric and the finished dress still needed some minor adjustments. We went back 4-5 times to try and get it right and in the end it was almost perfect but not quite the perfect fit we were looking for. We also had a men's jacket made which turned out great. So the result was a mixed however, their service was great and they were really patient with us. The price is not dirt cheap but reasonable for a custom made jacket and dress, and they were in no way pushy and trying to sell it to us, which is the service we wanted.

MagnifiqueTailor, Owner at Magnifique Tailor, responded to this reviewResponded February 4, 2013

First of all, we would like to thank you for taking the time to positively review us even after six months. We look at it as constructive criticism and we have actually improved in many aspects since your last visit.

On behalf of the team I'd like to apologize for the mixup regarding the sample fabric that you had sent through. Sometimes we face difficulty in accurately matching the fabric that we see on the computer screen and the fabric that we actually have in-store.

As for the dress, thank you for being patient with us while we were fine-tuning the dress to give you the perfect fit but did not succeed, my apologies once more. I do hope that you were given a choice by our staff to leave the dress behind as it is our policy that we follow strictly when we are unable to completely satisfy our clients.

I'd like to sincerely thank you for your compliments and you can be sure that we work on becoming 'perfect'. We definitely will make up to you on your next visit here.

Wish you a wonderful 2013 !

-Nick

Reviewed February 1, 2013

I read here on Tripadvisor that Magnifique was a highly sought after tailor in Patong. Simply put, it was. I arrived there on my 2nd day in Phuket and was greeted humbly by Nick, who after picking the materials that I wanted, worked very hard to fulfil my requests. I would like to argue that my request with the suit requirements was unstandard and was probably a little more stringent then normal requests (I was definitely attempting to get a copy of another suit). Even in the initial jacket styling fit, he got it right then and there, and the suit turned out even better.

With his higher then normal pricing (Fair nod to everyone, it is pricier then the dodgy scalper's "Suits in 24 hours" stores) you do get immaculate quality at a fraction of what you'd pay here. I got a 3 piece Super 160's Wool suit, Egyptian Cotton Shirt and 100% Pure Cashmere Overcoat for $1000AUD. All prepared within 4 days and picked up by me in 5.

I genuinely thank Nick for all of his effort. I'd like to give a special thank you to his Mum aswell, who is just as friendly as Nick is, as well as all of the other staff who helped me, got me drinks (All free, which is a godsend in a country that is rather hot :P) etc. It is a great place to shop, and you feel really good about yourself for spending your money on people like them.

Reviewed January 31, 2013

My husband wanted a suit made in Phuket but there are so many around so we looked up a few places on TripAdvisor. #1 on Tripadvisor was Magnifique Tailor and it also happened to be the first one we found while we were wandering around Patong.

What a great place!! AC, free drinks, fun people and 3 dogs to play with in the store.
They treated us well, were very informative, and gave my husband plenty of time to make the best decision.

4 days later he had 2 suits and 2 shirts for a fraction of the price that we would pay back home.
They are professionals and use top quality materials so you do pay more than if you used the annoying roadside con-artists.

Thanks guys!

Reviewed January 31, 2013

Went with a few mates to get some tailored suits. We chose this tailor due to the reputation they had on TA. And boy they did not disappoint, we were in Phuket for a limited time. Because of this a friend was a bit nervous on whether the suit will be to his satisfaction. Nick took care of the situation perfectly. Also he has some great suggestions on places to go and things to do. :) Thanks Nick for the great service.

Reviewed January 30, 2013

I came to found magnifique tailor through tripadvisor and as soon as we hit Patong area we went to there straight away....As we walked into the store we were greeted straight away and was offered drinks...then Raj went through the materials for suits and pricing etc......our suit was made within the schedule and everyone was very satisfied with their suits. Thanks Nick.