“Mixed review”
Review of Magnifique Tailor

Magnifique Tailor
Ranked #1 of 69 Shopping in Patong
More attraction details
Owner description: Established since 1991, Magnifique Tailor is one of the shops from the first generation of tailor shops in Phuket. We provide fine custom tailoring experiences for both men and women. Suits, dresses and uniforms are our specialty with designers working to determine customer requirements. Our styles range from classic to modern styles. We pay close attention to our workmanship and customer service is our priority.
Gaborone, Botswana
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“Mixed review”
Reviewed March 27, 2012

Having been told by so many people that if you have a favourite shirt take it with you to Thailand and it will be perfectly copied. well my husband did just that. He had 5 different colours made of the same design. Very friendly staff but unfortunately did not deliver on time which resulted in them having to deliver the shirts to our hotel while we were at a show as we were leaving early the next morning. Sadly not all the shirts are the same size which we only discovered on returning home. The shirts were not cheap (in comparison to what we had been told by friends) but we thought they would be worth it in order to get the perfect fit. The red shirt was also stitched with white thread on the inside seams which means that my husband can't turn his sleeves up as he loves to do. Sadly we are very disappointed. So make sure that you also get to fit and check each item before parting with your money.

Visited March 2012
MagnifiqueTailor, Owner at Magnifique Tailor, responded to this review, March 29, 2012
My sincerest apologies for the disappointment you had here with us. We do try and make sure each item is tried on to make sure they fit best but sometimes because of very limited time, in this case 2 days, it was not possible. However, let us try and make this disappointment diminish because that is what we do here at Magnifique. If its not too much hassle please do send me your husband's original shirt and I will personally make sure to make 5 shirts with the measurements exactly matching the original shirt, completely free of charge and we will even cover for the shipping cost. We will try and keep this process at minimum inconvenience. I'd like to apologise once more and would appreciate a chance to make you and your husband happy.
Thank you.

• Korean first
  • Thai first
Perth, Western Australia, Australia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Follow the reviews to Magnifique, you won't be dissapointed...”
Reviewed March 25, 2012

My fiance and I spent a week in Phuket, and one of the must-do's was to pick up a new suit for work. We found our way to Magnifique from the incredible reviews and from the start were very impressed. The detail and quality of the product is unquestional, and the service we received was extremely professional. The staff are all very friendly and honest (no doubt a flow on effect from the lovely owner, Rita) and the suit looks and fits a treat! my fiance now has to beat off other girls every time I wear it! Now of course, there are plenty of places in Phuket that will do a cheaper suit, but If you are after a good quality, well fitting suit with trusted service, go to Magnifique. Besides, it's still a quarter of the price of what you would expect for the quality here in Aus!!

To top everything off, they now have my sizing and are able to send me shirts, trousers, jackets etc whenever I'm running low! Brilliant! From the service we received, we are very much considering having Rita take care of my fiance's wedding dress.

Cheers, Jim

2 Thank James R
MagnifiqueTailor, Owner at Magnifique Tailor, responded to this review, March 28, 2012
First of all, thank you very much for your positive feedback. We try to make sure that you have a good, hassle free experience here with us. It was very nice to have you here and it would be an honor to make a wedding dress for your fiance. I do hope we can be of service to you again.
Thank you.

-Rita and Magnifique Team
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Excellent tailors”
Reviewed March 24, 2012 via mobile

I have had things made by more than 15 different tailors in various countries. I read the reviews and went around 5 different tailors shops in Phuket. The quality here is excellent and the prices a lot more reasonable than instyle . They deserve to be no 1. I had 2 cashmere jackets made. Excellent quality, great job. Would recommend.

Cardiff, United Kingdom
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 28 helpful votes
“excellent service”
Reviewed March 23, 2012

After some research via Trip Advisor I found my way to Magnifique Tailors in Patong. I was after a suit and a couple of shirts. This experience was a pleasure from the start, David was on hand to patiently explain the whole process of choosing the right materials and making sure i was fully informed throughout the fitting process. There is an enphasis on attention to detail and quality workmanship at Magnifique. Any adjustments/ alterations are carried out without fuss.

I paid a very reasonable price for what amounts to great quality suit. I only had to pay the balance when i was fully satisfied with my order. I met the Owner, Rita when collecting my purchase and she enquired about my overall experience. This is a well run, professional tailors.

Avoid the cheap vendors when in Patong and head straight to Magnifique. I recommend this tailor and will be ordering more shirts in the future via the internet.

Monterrey, Mexico
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Fast and perfect!”
Reviewed March 21, 2012

I had read great reviews about this place and decided to visit. Once there I decided to have a cashmere suit made. I was leaving 2 days later so they managed to have my suite made in 1 day! The suit fits perfect, quality is excellent, and I even got a free tie! Would definitely recommend to anyone who wants a really nice, great quality, tailor made suit!

Visited February 2012