“Leaping Leprechauns - Stews, Songs & Cider”
Review of Irish Times Pub

Irish Times Pub
Ranked #91 of 655 Restaurants in Patong
Cuisines: Irish
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed May 7, 2012

Whether it's an Irish stew, a lovely cold brew or a good old singalong, you can't go past the Irish Times Pub at Jungceylon in Patong.
Their Sunday "all you can eat" carvery roast is excellent value - slip back in line and top up your plate until you eat your fill and of course you'll be served a complimentary glass of wine to wash it all down!
The menu is extensive, offering both western and Thai dishes, all reasonably priced. The staff are welcoming and attentive and always eager to please.
There's always something happening at Irish Times Pub - televised sports, quiz nights, live music, special occasion celebrations - they even have their very own leprechaun.
If you're looking for a venue that's family friendly, offers great food & beverages and has friendly welcoming staff, then you can't go past Irish Times Pub - give it a go, you'll be pleasantly surprised!

Reviewed May 6, 2012

While visiting Phuket, we decided to stop and have dinner in this place after a bit of shopping.
The staff members were really nice and welcoming, the live band even played a song I requested and the food was really good. I had the pork ribs and my wife the fish and chips that night. Both dishes were fantastic, good timing as well. The sauce of the pork beatiful and the ribs very tender, melted in my mouth. The fish well cooked and the tartare sauce exquiste, the chips were hot and crunchy. The cocktails also were really good.
We even went back to have dinner again a couples of times because we loved the place.
You should also try the cashew nuts chicken or the nachos, delicious!
I wish I could put a picture of the ribs so you can see how mouthwatering they look and perhaps you might understand why I enjoyed them so much.

1  Thank Tonyflorez
Reviewed May 6, 2012

We love Irish Times Pub, the food and the atmosphere. The Lamb Shanks are to die for!!!! The Sunday Carvery is very filling and includes a glass of wine. If you like Irish music you will love going there when the Roaring Boys are playing. I dare you not to tap your toe to that group. The Wednesday Quiz Night is alot of fun. Where else can you go, play for free have a few brews and have a chance to win some money. It's a fun night had by all. One of these days I just might win!

So if you looking for good food, a friendly staff and toe taping music (what the hey get up and dance) go to Irish Times Pub in Jungceylon. You won't be disappointed.

1  Thank Basimidgy
Reviewed April 2, 2012

We were looking for somewhere to grab a quick bite to eat whilst on route to Thai boxing...the menu outside looked pretty standard but seemed to be ok...so we decided to try it out.
It did not start well with the staff showing little interest in us...and their attitude was so bad when they did finally approach us, I felt as if we were a massive inconvenience just being there!
I ordered a chicken burger as I thought this was a pretty safe option..however when it arrived it appeared to be chicken flavoured mince all mashed up together in the shape of a burger.I thought I'd give it a go & after one bite realised that it was pink & uncooked in the middle.I pointed this out to the waitress who after no apology snatched it back off me & took it back to the kitchen.After waiting for around 25 minutes another chicken flavoured mince monstrosity turned up on my plate...this appeared to taste worse than the first offering & left me wondering why I had even bothered sticking around.At this point I decided to abandon the whole thing & whilst waiting for the bill ,which I was requested to pay in full even after our less than satisfactory experience, a large cockroach scuttled across the table in front of me...so on the whole...definitely a restaurant to be avoided!!

2  Thank Beakertravels
Reviewed February 29, 2012

The pub, well decorated, but frankly we are disappointed by the quality of food, very average, nothing special, however, very large choice of cold beers and good music, we hoped the food better, no way. Also the service quite good, average of Patong beach. not recommended, for who wants to eat well, but for the beers and the music, ok.

Been to Irish Times Pub? Share your experiences!