“Wonderful massage”

Bali Hai Spa & Massage
Ranked #27 of 96 Spas & Wellness in Patong
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Phuket's Finest Spa & Massage Boutique All the therapists are fully qualified and certified. A full range of quality Spa treatments at real value prices. A clean modern and friendly environment. New Zealand Management
Reviewed August 29, 2012

Visited Bali Hai a few times, for both full body oil massage and foot massage. Found it very good and was happy to see the TA award on proud display inside.

5  Thank lee_the_traveller
in 7 reviews
"expert"
in 2 reviews

Reviewed August 22, 2012

Good for massage, pedicure, manicure, facial and has a couples only room. Very good and great value for money.

2  Thank Linda M
Reviewed July 13, 2012

This massage shop has received mixed reviews on trip advisor about the quality of the massage as well as questionable comings and goings of men upstairs,. I went to Bali Hai on the last day of my trip for some pampering and the hope of getting a good head and shoulder massage. I had had massages done on several occaisions at other places in Thailand. and can confirm that the qaulity of the massage was poor. I received a facial, foot massage and foot scrub and these were quite enjoyable and the final thing was my head and shoulder massage. As it was quite noisey and busy down stairs I requested that the massage be done upstairs. The girl took me to upstairs and she commenced her massage. It was clear within the first minutes that the girl had no technique and was just pushing and rubbing randomly. After a little while another client was taken into the next curtained cubicle for their massage. I could clearly hear the man telling the girl he was from Luxumberg and her giggling and some other meaningless questions and answers. After a little while some other noises that to me sounded like pleasure moans ( it is a pleasurable experience having the knots rubbed out of your body) . I Iooked at my girl with a puzzled look on my face and she looked at me and sensed that I knew exactly what was happening in there. A few more minutes passed and what I heard next confirmed exactly what had been going on in there. After putting up with the annoying rubbing of a supposed massage and the questionable moan and groans from next door I had enough. At that point I told the girl THATS ENOUGH and I got up and dressed. Went down stairs and paid and left.
Earlier that day I had my fourteen year old daughter with me for a facial, I am really glad that she passed on the massage. I am not a prude but I totally felt disgusted by the lack of privacy this SEXUAL MASSAGE was conducted in. Stay away from here if you are looking for a lovely relaxing massage in a sereene environment. This establishment clearly delivers the massages referred to as HAPPY ENDINGS

4  Thank MimSunbury
KNRitchie, General Manager at Bali Hai Spa & Massage, responded to this reviewResponded July 19, 2012

Thank you so much for your feedback and positive comments regarding 3 of the 4 treatments you experienced at Bali Hai during your recent visit to Phuket.

we are happy you " enjoyed" your Facial, Foot care package and Foot massage but are disappointed that you did not receive a satisfactory Head and Shoulders treatment.

I have discussed this with the Therapist concerned who clearly remembers the session and your personal preference for a stronger treatment
Because of your build she was required to use a lot of physical strength to provide that strong level you requested during the 20 minutes.

She also recalls asking at the time you concluded the treatment if you were happy ,your affirmative reply and your stated urgency to go due to your flight home that day which you had already raised during one of the earlier treatments.

Despite her 2 1/2 years massage experience she has voluntarily commenced a month of monitored remedial training to prevent any future disappointments and to ensure our expected massage standards are met.
The Therapist who was in the adjacent room has also been spoken to and is no longer employed by Bali Hai.
Her actions are not representative of Bali Hai standards and the hundreds of highly professional treatments provided every week on all 3 floors to both men and women.
We are a Spa and our core business is providing therapeutic massage and treatments in a safe relaxing environment.
With regards to the company policy regarding any sexual massage I can confirm any such behavior is not condoned by the Bali Hai management and it is clearly stated in the company business rules that anyone caught providing such services will be dismissed immediately.

Reviewed June 25, 2012

I have been going to Bali Hai for years and have introduced many people to this place. The girls are lovely and very accommodating. I often get cold when I have a foot massage so they put a towel over me to keep me warm. They adjust the pressure as I have sensitive feet. I don't usually have a back massage as I need a proper table with the head hole. This is probably the only thing I wish they had. I will be back again in September and I usually go everyday for a foot massage. I like to read whilst I am being massaged and the girls often ask me about my books. Highly recommend Bali Hai. They have a loyalty card too which is great!