“Great, great and.........great hotel”

Patong Terrace Boutique Hotel
Ranked #2 of 407 Patong B&B and Inns
Nice, France
“Great, great and.........great hotel”
Reviewed January 30, 2014

I stayed there in January for 4 nights (17 to 21 jan 2014) in the room with private terrace.

The good reputation of this hotel is well deserved.

Great welcome, friendly staff that speak english, the room is perfectly clean. There is a positive and friendly atmosphere in this hotel and I have to admit this is one of the best places I ever stayed.

Good quality breakfast for only 225 baht, airport transfer service, 24/h a day reception, positive and helpful staff (thanks for showing me the good restaurants and even giving advices and suggestions about thai food).
When i saw in the morning the housekeeping team come in and perfectly clean the room working with a smile I understood the secret of this place and I have to say congratulations to the owner because this property is really well managed.

The room is beautiful and has everything you need (minibar, bathroom equipment, inroom safe, mine also had a private terrace where you can relax and have breakfast) the bathroom is modern with a fantastic rainshower, bed quality is ok.
Honestly is really hard to find something wrong here, I had one minor internet connection problem but the staff was quick an solved it in 5 minutes with a smile.

The location is also a real + of this hotel because you have a wonderful spa just one minute walking and a lot of shops, restaurants, bars, the city nightlife is just a short walk from your room but you can sleep quietly thanks to the soundproof room.

What else can I say?

If you are visiting Patong this is your first choice, no doubt.

Thanks to everyone for making my stay memorable.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank Mr_Luca_Z
Peter D, Owner at Patong Terrace Boutique Hotel, responded to this review, January 31, 2014
Dear Mr_Luca_Z,

Thank you for writing your honest opinion about Patong Terrace Boutique Hotel!

Thank you from our entire staff for all this nice words! They follow all this comments on this side by using a translator and they have a smile from ear to ear after reading this review!

It is good to hear that we were able to give our contribution to make your stay, like you call it “memorable”. You are right, you understand a part of our “secret”; we work and act like a big family and try to make that our gust are feeling at home and comfortable! You stay in our Deluxe rooms, and we think also that the terrace is a nice place to start or/ and to finish the day, just above the hustle and bustle from Patong centre.

We like to thank you for your stay with us and for your recommendation!,Please feel free to contact us directly if we can give you any assistance to make some new arrangements!

Warm greetings from Patong Beach,

Peter

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (92)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed January 29, 2014

Patong Terrance Boutique Hotel was faultless from start to finish. My wife and I stayed for 3 weeks over New Year and into January and it was an absolute pleasure. All the staff are extremely happy, polite and helpful as is the owner of the hotel. The whole place was spotless all the time. The room décor rivals the big flash hotels but for a fraction of the price. Really great place that I would recommend to anyone! I have already recommended it to my friends for their honeymoon. Thank you once again to everyone for having such a big part in such a great holiday. See you again in a couple of years!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear Benf50,

Thank you so much for your nice review!

You were quite a long time in our hotel, and we had a very nice time with you and your wife! It looks or you always in a good mood, and it were a pleasure to see that you have such a good time here! That’s why we do it for!! Thank you for saying that our hotel is like a “big flash hotels, bur for a fraction of the price”! That we see as a big complement!

We cannot wait to welcome you again, we oke, we will wait a couple of years! Thanks again for your nice review, and warm greetings from our entire staff !

Patong, Thailand
Reviewed January 27, 2014

January 27th 2014,
I've been using tripadvisor for a few years for help in planning travel but have not contributed any comments. I 'm currently traveling in Thailand staying in Patong. I found my hotel the "Patong Terrace boutique" by reading TripAdvisor comments and recommendations. Without going into all the details of the service and asisstance recieved I'll just say that if your looking for a clean, convenient, friend and centrally located hotel this is a great choice. I can't forget to mention the AC, I'm Canadian so hotel AC is of major importance and the AC units are better then the 5 star hotel we were in last week. The staff is helpful and friendly. They serve a great iced coffee or a beer at the hotel cafe, a coffee to get you going and a beer on the way back to the room. Our stay is going so great we wanted to extend our stay a few more days but we were not sure about altering our planned arrangements however, with the help of the hotel owner Peter, we were able to book a few more days, finalize and book our transportation to Bangkok and arrange local transportation. No word of lie, we got this all complete before 9 am while we had a great breakfast at the cafe. From my original planned travel we saved money and will get get to Bangkok at a more convenient hour. Thanks Peter and Patong Terrace Boutique Hotel. With all our travel plans completed at 9:00 we enjoyed a carefree day at the beach.

Dear PolarPaul,

Thank you so much to write such a nice comment about our hotel! It was a pleasure to welcome you and your wife, and make some arrangements for you!

Of course it’s for our staff and for myself great to hear if guests appreciate our assistance, and they mention that we like to help them to make their stay in Phuket as careless as possible!
I hope you had a perfect trip To Bangkok, and of course we looking forward to welcome you again if you in Phuket! Tiy are more than welcome!

Warm greetings from Patong beach,

Italy
Reviewed January 26, 2014

In order to demonstrate that what I am writing is 100% true I have no problem to provide offline all the emails exchanged with the reception of this property to whoever is interested to doublecheck what I am telling hereafter.
I explicitly invite Tripadvisor.com to ask for them, so that they can judge by themselves how my reservation has been handled by the reception of this alleged TRIPADVISOR WINNER property.
In the following, the pure FACTS: during the past week I made a reservation through a search engine website and my booking was CONFIRMED (in writing) with the advertised roomrate, for a n.6 night-long stay. To secure the reservation a non refundable deposit (10%) was also paid by me during the booking process.
Then the hotel sent an email claiming an alleged mistake and kindly proposed to honour my reservation with an updated roomrate that was only more than twice the one I got written confirmation for...
To concretely apologize, in return of such a much higher room rate, I would have received a free airport transfer (that may cost 600THB...)
When I read the risible proposal I could not believe it but I refrained to complain for it (and nevertheless, in the following I have aso been accused, in writing, to insult them...)
In my view, a HONEST business (as they claim to be) HONOURS the CONFIRMED (in writing) reservations, with the CONFIRMED room rates, without exceptions, otherwise the word "confirmation" becomes completely meaningless.
That's it.
Mistakes are ceirtanly possible and allowed, also for a Tripadvisor WINNER property, but consequences of those possible mistakes have to be paid by who is responsible for them, and this is certainly NOT me.
The conclusion of THEIR mistake is that my reservation has been dropped by the hotel, certainly NOT by me, and sooner or later I should get my deposit back from the search engine website, at least partially. Maybe a remaining part of what I paid should be refunded directly by the hotel, but certainly I do not provide my credit card details to a property that clearly is able to act in such an unfair manner.
They can say and write what they want to justify their behaviour: FACTS publicly speak by themselves, louder than whatever countercomment.
Diring all the emails that I had to read to get to such an unbeliavable conclusion, I particularly appreciate the following sentence, that I merely copy from one of their email: "even if they close us from there site, we will not accept this booking! I like to mention that we have to welcome you as OUR GUEST; We are not YOUR GUEST"
I particularly appreciate the content and also the tone... since the hotel was in fault, admittely, not me...
How to summarize... Let's say "A nice kick in the pants!" sent from a Tripadvisor WINNER to a guest (that also paid a deposit to secure the reservation with them). Gorgeous... Isn't is?
I hope that the Manager of this Winner property is NOT 100% aware of the unbelivable handling of my reservation.
I could NOT (and I will NOT) see the Patong Terrace Boutique hotel rooms in the future and then I cannot comment on them, however I certainly saw WHO is managing this propeery and FACTS listed above speak by themselves.
Then, potential future guests decide on their own.
I would like to pint out that I am NOT insulting anyone. The reception, that at the end also had the courage to wish me (again in writing) "to have a perfect time in Phuket!" seemed to be "worried" negative reviews, but they can keep abslutelky calm on this... (and continue with their "good" and "polite" management... ): I also tell the (demonstrable) truth and I do NOT NEED to invent anything.
The pure truth is more than enough.
From a Tripadvisor WINNER property I would expect a different behaviour. Sorry for this.
Mauro

Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank maurocastagn
Peter D, Owner at Patong Terrace Boutique Hotel, responded to this review, January 29, 2014
Dear Mauro,

Thank you for your honest opinion here on tripadvisor about Patong Terrace Boutique Hotel! After we forward our e-mails between you and me to the bookings site where you made your booking, the complete agree and understand why we canceled your booking. It is a very strange reasoning from your site, that a tripadvisor *winner* have to do everything that YOU fits, and that you can insult them with bad reviews. We are not sensible for that argument, and for sure we are not sensible for insulting us with bad reviews!
As Owner of Patong Terrace Boutique Hotel, I’m, fully responsible for the e-mail corresponding with you; I handle this case all by myself, so there is nobody to blame from our staff about it.
I want to keep this response professional, and you are right; potentional guest can make up their own mind. I will not publish any small parts out of our e-mails to try to get the readers ”on my site”; but every well thing human should understand this case. You have what you want; gives us a very bad comment and I hope it makes you feel better. I hope also you will find a very nice, too cheap accommodation in Phuket, and have a good time their!

Kind Regards,

Santiago, Chile
Reviewed January 26, 2014

I spent 2 nights with my wife in Jan 2014 and it exceeded expectations, clean and modern room, great location, one block of the beach and in the heart of Patong street life, loved the dutch snacks in the bar downstairs, especially the "bitterballen" and "appel strudel", owner and staff extremely friendly and helpfull, genuine interest in making sure their guests are enjoying their stay, thanks Peter for the attention and chats and hope to be be back one day! Ronald & Jackeline

Dear Ronald & Jackeline,

Thank you so much to use your value time to write such a nice review about Patong Terrace Boutique Hotel! I like to apologize again that you did not like your room so much, but I hope we were able to solve this issue to your convenience. It was a very nice experience to meet you and have some chats with you, and it is good to hear that you liked our home made Dutch snacks!

Please feel free to use my contact e-mail if I can do something in the future or if you need any more assistance from my site, to set up so new arrangements!

Warm greetings, from our entire staff,

Los Angeles, California
Reviewed January 22, 2014

The hotel was clean, nice room, great staff, the only complaint I have is our pre-arranged car was not at airport to pick us up. We got in very late, 1145pm, for that reason we thought best to arrange transportation with hotel, after 30 mins turned on cell phone, called hotel, driver showed up within 15 mins. No one explained what happened to driver or acknowledged or apologized. Can't wait to see my cell bill.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Peter D, Owner at Patong Terrace Boutique Hotel, responded to this review, January 23, 2014
Dear Sophia A,

Thank you so much to write your honest review about Patong Terrace Boutique Hotel!

First of all, my sincere apologize that about your airport transportation. It is my personal failure, that I was not informed about the fact that the taxi was late. I can ensure you, If I knew before, I was apologize myself before, and should compromise you about this fact. Again; my apologize that this happened! We organize many airport pickups per year, and it is possible that, circumstances without control, makes that the taxi show up a little later, but at least you should receive an explanation or a apologize for this; I agree 100 % with you!

Thank you to mention that our hotel clean and that you liked the room and our staff! I hope the next time we will be able to make you stay without any complain, and we will go for 5 dots!

Thank you again for your stay and we hope to welcome you again in the near future!

Kind Regards

Aberystwyth, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 21, 2014

My family and I stayed in patong terrace for 6 nights early january 2014. Is a small hotel with very clean and spacious rooms. staff were very friendly and ALWAYS greet you with a big smile. Freshly cooked breakfast were very good too..... My whole family felt so welcome the whole time we were there. I honestly have nothing negative to say about this hotel, everything was perfect and spot on, staff were amazing! This is a HIGHLY RECOMMENDED hotel for anyone who wish to have plesant stay in patong beach without having to spend ridiculous money. Definitely great value of money for the service, location and the extreme clean rooms.
Also Location is great because is really easy to get to most places in town, 10 mins walk to patong beach, 15 mins walk to the shopping centre, the whole street was full of little shops and restaurants so I didn't need to walk far to get what I needed.

This is a fantastic hotel which I would recommend anyone to stay! I will definitely stay in patong terrace again on my next Phuket trip.

Finally I would like to thank all the staff in patong terrace for such a plesant stay!

Kitty

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Dear Kitty L,

Thank you so much for taking your value time to write such a raving review about our hotel!

It is good to hear, not only for myself, but for our entire staff that you had a good time with your parents in our hotel. We had also a great time with you, and it seems your family is always in a good mood! Of course we are delighted to hear that you say: “I honestly have nothing negative to say about this hotel” and you “highly recommended” us for anyone who wish to have a pleasant stay in Patong Beach. Thank you so much for saying that!

I was a pleasure to serve you during your stay, and we hope to welcome you again. Thanks again for all your nice words, and we hope you will share this whit your family! We hope to soon again in Phuket!

Kind Regards,