“Airport Transfer”

Quezon City
“Airport Transfer”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 7, 2013

Dear Mr. Peter,

Thank you for making our stay in your hotel a memorable one.

Let me just clarify certain things:

The distance of 300 meters that you told us between the arrival gates for domestic and international flights is not entirely correct. At the most, the distance is only 50 meters - I went back to the arrival area when we left Phuket. Our group of 6 persons were walking back and forth between the 2 gates for almost half an hour (bet. 4:35 pm and 5 pm) looking for somebody with my name on a placard and we found no one.

You claimed that your driver was there but you can't really attest to it since you were not there yourself.

But if we are right and you are right also - So what really happened?

If your driver was really there, I can only surmise that he was waiting for our flight number to appear in the arrival monitor. However, AirAsia cancelled at the last minute the flight we were supposed to be in so we arrived in Phuket on a different flight at 4 PM (flight # 3007) instead of
4:15 pm. I didn't inform you anymore of the change since there is only a 15 minute difference in arrival time. To compensate for the time change, we didn't go out until it was 4:35 pm and your driver was not there. Maybe, he was checking the arrival monitor for our original flight number to appear or maybe he was just goofing off.

Why didn't we call you?

As I have said, we didn't have a roaming feature in our cellphones. Also, I have emailed you several days before our arrival to remind you of the land transfer and you replied that everything is in your booking system already.
To be there on time and not to see your driver for almost half an hour is something we didn't expect.
The cost of the van that we hired and the cost of your van is the same so there is really no reason for us to hire a new van except that we didn't see your driver.

Your Thai staff did a very commendable job in apologizing several times for what transpired when we checked-in. He even told us that you will take the time to talk to us about the incident and we were expecting a peace offering for what transpired.

However, we got the shocked of our life that instead of apologizing you berated us in a very condescending manner and even lectured us on what we should have done. I hope your behavior is not because of the color of our skin. If you have done what your staff did to us, apologize first and then inform us in a nice way that we need to meet half way for the expenses that were allegedly incurred, I don't think there would be any problem. 750 THB is just 20 USD, just a McDonald meal in the US and there are 6 of us who will share on this.

I wrote this email just to set record straight and to tell you again that your driver was not there on the appointed time.

Abraham M. Leano (Stayed October 01-05, 2013)
In behalf of Mr. Nilo Macasaet

Sharing our experience with this hotel specifically on the Manager.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Abraham L
Peter D, Owner at Patong Terrace Boutique Hotel, responded to this review, October 9, 2013
Dear Mr. Nilo Macasaet,

I would hereby like to thank you for taking the time to write a review about Patong Terrace Boutique Hotel on Tripadvisor !

The same content of this review you send me by e-mail last week and I will publish the same answer here as well;

Thank you for you for your e-mail again and warm greetings from Patong Terrace Boutique Hotel!

I hope you had a perfect time in Bangkok, and an excellent flight back home.

I’m very sorry about what happened with your airport transportation. Please believe me, for me it is also not a nice start that should be a great start from a great stay for you! We receive many guests in Patong Terrace Boutique Hotel, and our first goal is to give them a very good time, and we like to help everybody with everything we can!

Unfortunately, it can happened that something go wrong, we make mistakes, or just things works out different that we from both sides like. For me it is not the most important thing, how much we earn for it, who made the mistake, or who fault it is. For me it is important what is fair!

We give you all the correct information and you just wait at the wrong exit; that can happened! You time calculation is also not correct; we know from our experience if a flight arrives, it takes about half hour before the guest arrive at the exit. Now, you mention as well that your fight number and arrival times changes…. Please believe me, I understand this all can happen, but you cannot blame us for that. We make a clear appointment with a clear time, at a clear place with all the information!

I think it was possible to ask the airport information to make a call to the hotel….. easy to do, and most of the time they do it for free! You decided to book a taxi by yourself; still no problem, and still I’m willing to compensate you. Our staff informs me in the morning what was going on, and that you are not willing to pay the service we arrange for you. I investigate the matter, and make sure first, we made no mistake, and the taxi was there (and on time!!!).

If my talk in the morning was *to direct* or *shocking* you, than I will give you my sincere apologize for that!! I only try to explain what was going on, how we made the appointment, and how it works! During the conversation also came above that you were waiting at the wrong exit. 4 people ask me a lot of questions, and I try to answer them all. I stopped with the conversation, and for me was the case closed, after I was interrupting by the younger lady (your daughter?), and she starts to blame me….. Sorry for that…. But on my age of 51 years old I have also my respect. If she not wants to listen, and only want to get your right, that’s fine for me…

Some small things that I like to mention;

We not made any profit out of 750 THB. It cost me money as well, but that is not a problem; I feel very sorry this happened, ad that we were not able to let you forget this case.

That you mention that it should maybe has something to do with your skin color is the most rude insinuation I hear the last years that I’m in business! I Never, I repeat, NEVER!!! made or make any difference in people in skin color, sexes. Religion or something else…. I’m as foreigner here between all Asian people, not in a majority, how you think it should be possible to live here, if I had anything against Asian people???? It is a shame to think something like this!!!

I disagree with you that our driver was not there, or not on time. He contacts the hotel two times by Phone in the time he was there.

I’m very sorry again that it happened; my sincere apologize again, if my conversation was not nice, friendly or polite enough, and wishes you all the best.

Kind Regards,

Peter

My bottom line is; If you;
-Not at the appointment time
-Not at the appointment place
-Not on the appointment flight
-Not contact the hotel

I think we were very fair in our solution the let you pay 50% of the price.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (90)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 25, 2013

Stayed in this hotel as soon as I got to Thailand, I was in a lot of hotels in Thailand and even though I did not like Phuket, this hotel was possibly the best I stayed in. The staff are fantastic, easy to talk to and have lots of good recommendations for where to travel. Peter was always great with any queries and information. The hotel room was perfect, clean and lots of attention to detail!

Will hopefully be back again,

Thanks to Peter and his great staff

Room Tip: Top Floor Room is the nicest!
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Gareth B
Peter D, Owner at Patong Terrace Boutique Hotel, responded to this review, September 27, 2013
Dear Guest,

My staff and I are happy to hear your wonderful comments about our Patong Terrace Boutique Hotel that you announce it as “Very Accommodating!”

You make a big compliment to say that our hotel; ”was possibly the best I stayed in.” We delighted to hear that you say about our rooms:” The hotel room was perfect, clean and lots of attention to detail”. Of course we very happy to hear this all, but please keep in mind that we are just a 2** guesthouse! You are right, our staff try to give the best Service, you describe it as: “The staff are fantastic”.

I’m very happy to share your good feelings with our entire staff; thank you for that again!

We are happy to help all our guest with suggestions and good recommendations for where to travel but also if the interesting to make some tours our day trips! We know the places and we know the people!

From our site; we were very happy to welcome you! Thank you for taking the time to write a review and for being our guest! We hope to welcome you, maybe in the near future again!

Seoul, South Korea
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 25, 2013

I stayed here on two separate nights. One in the terrace room and one in the regular room. Obviously, the terrace room is a lot better but the deluxe will serve it's purpose. It's about five minutes from the main road with the bars. I would go back just because of the friendly staff and the owner Peter's kindness.
I plan on going back in January and would highly recommend this place to anybody who is going their to party and have fun in Patong.
However, if you are with your family and what not, I might want to recommend a nice resort.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Peter D, Owner at Patong Terrace Boutique Hotel, responded to this review, September 25, 2013
Dear Mr. JPark,

I would hereby like to thank you for taking the time to write such a nice review about Patong Terrace Boutique Hotel on Tripadvisor, and send to me by e-mail as well!

My staff and I are happy to hear your wonderful comments about our Patong Terrace Boutique Hotel that you announce it as “Very nice staff!”

You stayed in our most basic and most luxury room, so you mention there is of course a difference! Not only in price, but the biggest difference is of course the big private terrace/ balcony with the deluxe room. The other facilities are quite similar, and we believe in a 2**guesthouse like we are, the most important things are; a good bed, a good shower and a spotless clean room!

Thank you about your compliments about or staff, and I’m more than happy to share your experience with them!

Please feel free to keep me as a point of contact when you are planning your next visit to our hotel as I would be more than happy to help you with your arrangements.

Once again thank you for taking the time to write a review, and for being our guest and we hope to welcome you again in the near future.

Singapore, null, Singapore
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 23, 2013

Just back from Phuket a week ago, i like the design of the room and the bed is comfortable. Great location as walking distance to everywhere. Just one door step, there are alot of convenient store like 7-Eleven. They provide booking boat, taxi, show and etc services.

Room Tip: Street View room is better choice.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

1 Thank Smiley_0917
Dear Guest,

I would hereby like to thank you for taking the time to write a nice review about Patong Terrace Boutique Hotel on “Tripadvisor”!

My staff and I are happy to hear your wonderful comments about our Patong Terrace Boutique Hotel that you announce it as “Nice design and Comfortable Room”

We glad to hear that you like our rooms, and you say our beds are comfortable. The most important thing is that you come to sleep here, so our beds should be of the best quality, same like our bed linen.

Good to hear that you Like our location that you describe as a “Great location as walking distance to everywhere.” You are right, we are close to all things you will need like 7/11, family markets, restaurants, massage parlors and other places.

We are happy to help you with booking any trips, tours or your taxi to the airport or a car with a private driver to show you the highlights from Phuket! We hope you had great time with the bookings you made!

From our site; we were very happy to welcome you as a group off girl friends. You spend not so many times in our hotel, but we trust you had a very enjoyable time with us!

It is for me, and our staff a big motivation to get positive feedback and we try to improve our service, and customer satisfaction every day! We will try to satisfy you next time even more so we can get 5 out of 5!

Once again thank you for taking the time to write a review and for being our guest and we hope to see you again in the near future.

Melaka, Malaysia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 19, 2013

Friendly staff and able to reply our email enquiry very fast,efficient and helpful.
Mr Peter (MD), had assist us by arranging same floor rooms for our convenient.
Hotel were very well located.Nearby you can easily find convenient store like 711 and family mart.
We went with a group of girl friends,convenient for us to walk to all places like beach, shopping, massage. Almost every day, we reach hotel around 11pm+ after a whole day activities.Also, Hard Rock is just within walking distance.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank HoJesSica-786
Peter D, Owner at Patong Terrace Boutique Hotel, responded to this review, September 22, 2013
Dear Guest,

My staff and I are happy to hear your wonderful comments about our Patong Terrace Boutique Hotel that you announce it as “Good”

Nice to hear that you describe our e-mail communication as: “very fast, efficient and helpful”. We will try to replay on every e-mail within 12 hours, but for sure we replay in 24 hours!

If we are able to fulfill your request for rooms on the same floor, or across each other, we will always try the best to make this happens, unfortunately sometimes this is not possible. We happy its works out in your case!

It is good to hear that you Like our location that you describe as a “Very well located.” You are right, we are close to all things you will need like 7/11, family markets, restaurants, massage parlors and other places.

Johor Bahru, Malaysia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 15, 2013

Just back from Phuket few days ago, will recommend this hotel to my friends if they were to travel there!

When five of us arrived, we were welcomed by friendly staff with great smile! Stayed in One Tripple Room & Deluxe Room. After checked-in, staff bring us to our rooms and the rooms are clean and just nice. Hotel having strategic location as well, walking distance to 7-eleven, Patong Beach & also Jungcelon Mall. Definitely a hidden gem in Patong.

Staff are helpful and they always greet us before we went out from the hotel!=) when we faced some problem, hotel owner, Peter and his staff trying their best to solve it.

What a great place with great people!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Peter D, Owner at Patong Terrace Boutique Hotel, responded to this review, September 16, 2013
Dear Guest,

I would hereby like to thank you for taking the time again to write a nice review about Patong Terrace Boutique Hotel on Tripadvisor !

My staff and I are happy to hear your wonderful comments about our Patong Terrace Boutique Hotel especially commenting “Great experience in Phuket, Thailand”.

Good to hear that you like our location that you describe as a *strategic location”. You are right; we close to all you need!

Thank you very much for you say” What a great place with great people! I think you catch in one sentence what we like to be! Of course we are delighted you say about our place:”definitely a hidden gem in Patong”

From our site; we were very happy to help you solving some small problems and give you all the assistance you need if you interesting to book some tours and trips.

Thank you to mention that you say our staff is very helpful! It is for me, and our staff a big motivation to get positive feedback and we try to improve our service every day!

Once again thank you for taking the time to write a review, your recommendations and for being our guest! We look forward to welcome you again!

Perth, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 10, 2013

This is the second time I have stayed at this hotel and all expectations were exceeded. The staff were very friendly and helpful, food was delicious and room was amazing. I know where I will be staying on my next trip to Patong. Many thanks and congratulations to Peter and his staff for doing a wonderful job . See you on my next trip guys!.. :)

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Stefan M
Peter D, Owner at Patong Terrace Boutique Hotel, responded to this review, September 11, 2013
Dear Stefan,

I would hereby like to thank you for taking the time to write such a nice review about Patong Terrace Boutique Hotel on Tripadvisor !

My staff and I are happy to hear your wonderful comments about our Patong Terrace Boutique Hotel that you announce it as “WOW! Great hotel ...”

It was more than a pleasure to welcome you again in our small Hotel! It is nice to have you and your friends around, and you seem always to be in a good mood. Not only in the hotel, but we know you like our fresh prepared food in the hotel bar as well!

Thank you for mentioning about our rooms; “Amazing”, our staff is; “very friendly and helpful”, but we more delighted that you so raving about our concept, and it is a pleasure to see for us that you feel at home and have a good time in our hotel!

We were very happy to welcome you again! It is for me, and our staff a big motivation to get positive feedback and happy to do our “wonderful job” every day, special for guest like you and your friends!

Of course I will share your experience with our entire staff and once again thank you so much for taking the time to write such a nice review. We look forward to welcome you again!