“Not a "Boutique Hotel"”

Ranked #2 of 405 Patong B&B and Inns
New Jersey
“Not a "Boutique Hotel"”
Reviewed February 8, 2013

Though clean and friendly, this is not what one would call a Boutique Hotel (which suggests luxury) but more of a youth hostel. We were greeted by cracked glass on the counter of the reception area, ripped pillowcases and a virually windowless room, with a big pile of garbage and laundry in the hallway outside. Lot's of noise at night in the hallway. If you are in your 20's and need a clean inexpensive place to crash in a central location, this is the place for you. If you are looking for the luxury, comfort, and quiet of a real boutique hotel, go elswhere.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Peter D, Owner at Patong Terrace Boutique Hotel, responded to this review, February 9, 2013
Dear Guest,
I would hereby like to thank you for taking the time to write a review and give your opinion about Patong Terrace Boutique Hotel on Tripadvisor that you announce as “not a boutique hotel”
We are very happy that we have the possibility now to give our opinion as well, for sure after the review you wrote already at one of the big booking site! We are glad that we live in a country where we can give our free opinion, and we respect your as well!
First we like to mention that we very sorry that we were not able to fulfill your expectations about or place. We take every complain very seriously, and we try to improve our customer satisfaction every day!
In this case, we think your review is the result of the fact that we not like to honor your request for a refund from your room rate. We not make a refund because you decided by yourself not to use your room during your stay, we will follow our cancellation policy, and last but not least, we think there is not a serious complain about the hotel!
In our opinion, you expect a 5 star hotel for a 2 star price! There is no discussion about our rooms; everything is working, complete and not damaged. Maybe the glass on our front desk is cracked, but we think this will not affect your stay with us. We believe for a 2 star hotel (and 2 star price) a LCD TV, good air-condition , Rain shower where all our guest are raving about, comfortable bed with good clean and NOT broken bed linen, quickest free internet that is available in Thailand is quite a luxury! Our staff is well trained, speak English very well, friendly, they like to help everybody with a big smile and we are located in the heart of Patong, with all the important spots on walking distance (so not on a hill!!)
You are right; if you in the middle of Patong, you have not a particular view! Our rooms have small windows, but we are very open and honest in that, we tell you in advance; we have also rooms without a window! All our information on the (big global) websites is up to date, like our pictures; we have nothing to hide! What you see is what you get!
We agree together at your check in, that you should move the next day to a higher floor, where is less *traffic from guests*, and that room has not one but three small windows. On that floor our house keeping is also not collection laundry or the content from the trash bins. (We not collecting any garbage in our building; sound maybe nice but this is much exaggerated!!) After 17.00 hour, we remove all the laundry and It will not affect your stay anyway! You not would give it a change and you decided to check out after about 18 hours that you check in …. This is your own decision that we respect!
You not would like to hand your room key to our staff, so we were also not able to rebook the room, and we kept the room for you during hole your booking. The last night you return to hand us the room key; thank you for that! I think you can understand that this is also a point why we not can make any refund to you!
That in your opinion our hotel is just a place for 20’s is just a disqualification from our hundreds of guests that we welcome every week; in all ages!
Last week we receive a request again from your site for a refund; we still cannot honor it; I think everyone how reads this story will understand this, and agree. Finally this review is telling more about you self than about our hotel!
We I read other reviews from your hand on “tripadvisor”, and I understand you stay in a 4** resort in Phuket after you left our hotel. You were very satisfied about it, and we happy to hear that! For me is this also a conformation as well that you just pick the wrong hotel by choosing to stay with us, and a 4** accommodation fits you better! Of course you cannot compare us with a 4** resort; and the room rate is quite different also! From that way, I think it is not fair to try to blame our hotel and try to make a big story from thinks they are not there, incorrect or exaggerated!
We are sorry again for you that we were not able to make you happy and satisfy you like we can do with many, many other guests! We hope your next stay in Phuket will be perfect!
Kind Regards,
Peter

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (90)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed January 30, 2013

I was only here for one night and I thought the hotel was good and very clean. I liked the location as it was near the beach and nightlife, without being right in the middle of it. The staff were all very friendly. The beds were the most comfortable my friends and I stayed in on our entire trip to Thailand!! My only issue was that the deadbolt in the room didn't work, but I didn't bother mentioning it to the staff as we weren't even there for 12 hours.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Samantha M
Peter D, Owner at Patong Terrace Boutique Hotel, responded to this review, January 31, 2013
Dear Guest,

My staff and I are happy to hear your wonderful comments about our Patong Terrace Boutique Hotel that you announce it as ““Good hotel’’

Good to hear that you like our location like you say; “it was near the beach and nightlife, without being right in the middle of it”, maybe are a couple of hundred bath cheaper, but you will spend it for taxis; for sure!

We are glad to hear that you like our beds! You say; “The beds were the most comfortable my friends and I stayed in on our entire trip to Thailand!!” that is a big compliment! Thank you also that you say about our staff that they are very friendly!

We very sorry to hear that you could not use the deadbolt to double lock your room; we didn’t know it was broken and we solve it already! We sorry to hear it when you check out and we hope it effects not your stay to much! For our guest safety we have 24 hours per day front office and CCTV in hole our building!

From our site; we were very happy to welcome you! Thank you for taking the time to write a review, and for being our guest and we hope to welcome you, again in the near future.

Melaka, Malaysia
Reviewed January 20, 2013

We stayed here for 4 nights and would highly recommend this hotel. Location was great, easy access to the beach, food, shopping , mall & night life.We felt really safe walking back at night even though it was just the two of us , as the hotel lobby was brightly lit ( very welcoming) & staff was awake . Friendly , warm, helpful & caring staff & management.Rooms are safe , clean & comfortable . Would definitely stay here again

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank CherylAnn7
Peter D, Owner at Patong Terrace Boutique Hotel, responded to this review, January 20, 2013
Dear Guest,
I would hereby like to thank you for taking the time to write such a nice review about Patong Terrace Boutique Hotel on Tripadvisor !
My staff and I are happy to hear your wonderful comments about our Patong Terrace Boutique Hotel that you announce it as “Perfect”
You are right; we are located in the heart of Patong Beach, close to night life, Beach, food and shopping mall; You describe it is “Great”! Thank you for mentioning about our Hotel; “Rooms are safe, clean & comfortable.”
We very happy with your comment about our staff; “staff was Friendly , warm, helpful & caring staff & management.”
Thank you about your remark that you feel save in our hotel. We have not only 24 hours per day night reception, but we have also Video camera surveillance, that is awake for 24 hour per day!
From our site; we were very happy to welcome you! It is for me, and our staff a big motivation to get positive feedback and we try to improve our service, and customer satisfaction every day!

Once again thank you for taking the time to write a review, and for being our guest and we hope to welcome you, again in the near future; you are more than welcome!
Perth, Australia
Reviewed January 11, 2013

Great rooms built and decorated to specifics. The place is very clean filled with extremely friendly staff more then happy to help with a smile. It is located a good 500m from bangla with easy access to the beach (down the street right infront of the hotel). The rain showers are the best I've ever had let alone in phuket.

Highly recommend

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank ignitemusic
Peter D, Owner at Patong Terrace Boutique Hotel, responded to this review, January 11, 2013
Dear Guest,
My staff and I are happy to hear your wonderful comments about our Patong Terrace Boutique Hotel that you announce it as “perfect Patong”
You are right; we are located in the heart of Patong Beach, close to night life on Bangla road!
Thank you for mentioning about our Hotel; “Great rooms built and decorated to specifics.” We very happy with your comment about our staff; “extremely friendly staff more than happy to help with a smile” Thank you about your complements about our showers; the start to be world famous!

Once again thank you for taking the time to write a review, your recommendations and for being our guest and we hope to welcome you, again in the near future; you are more than welcome!
Tilburg, The Netherlands
Reviewed January 9, 2013

We stayed at Patong Terrace in december 2012. The nice decorated and homely rooms are kept clean to a very high standard and the rain shower was amazing.

Our vacation was really so much more enjoyable because of the excellent service and friendly, warm and inviting staff and management.

The food was really good (The best breakfast we had in Phuket).

Ideal location (close to the beach, restaurants, mall en nightlife), good price, nice rooms and friendly staff.

Peter and staff, Thank you!
Hans en Marijke

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Peter D, Owner at Patong Terrace Boutique Hotel, responded to this review, January 9, 2013
Dear Hans en Marijke,

I would hereby like to thank you for taking the time to write a nice review about Patong Terrace Boutique Hotel on Tripadvisor !

My staff and I are happy to hear your wonderful comments about our Patong Terrace Boutique Hotel that you announce it as ““Best hotel of Patong”

It is good to hear that you Like our location you say; ” Ideal location (close to the beach, restaurants, mall en nightlife)”. We know that it is very convenient if you have everything on walking distance!

Thank you for mentioning that our rooms are “nice decorated“ and “kept clean to a very high standard. All our guest are raving about our rain showers; we call it our “power showers”!
You Stay in one of our new deluxe room types with a private balcony and terrace and we glad to hear that you enjoined it!

We were very happy to welcome you every day, some times more times per dat at our hotel bar. All guests, even if they not stay not stay in our Hotel, are more than welcome for breakfast, lunch, or just a snack or a drink! It is good to hear that you liked our breakfast at our hotel bar that you describe as: “The best breakfast we had in Phuket.” Thank you for this big compliment!

Thank you also for your compliments about our staff; it is nice to hear you say; “excellent service and friendly, warm and inviting staff and management.”

From our site; we were very happy to welcome you, and we had a good time with you! It is for me, and our staff a big motivation to get positive feedback and we try to improve our service, and customer satisfaction every day!

Finally, such a great comments makes us and our team just going that few miles further for our guests and we do it with all pleasure!

Once again thank you for taking the time to write a review, and for being our guest and we hope to welcome you again in the near future.

Reviewed January 8, 2013 via mobile

The owner provides great service and is informative. The rooms are safe and clean. And the location is great and close to all the action and just far enough away from Balang street. I would highly recommend it.

• Stayed December 2012
Dear Guest,
My staff and I are happy to hear your wonderful comments about our Patong Terrace Boutique Hotel that you announce it as “Excellent service and well run”
It is good to hear that you like our location, that you describe as a “the location is great and close to all the action and just far enough away from Balanga street.”
It is good to hear that your say about our rooms: “The rooms are safe and clean”

Once again thank you for taking the time to write a review, your (highly) recommendation and for being our guest and we hope to welcome you, again in the near future.

Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed January 8, 2013

From the moment we stepped off the taxi, we were greeted warmly by the owner of the hotel and the service staff, who led us into the reception area and did a very quick check-in for us. We were served face towels and welcome drinks before being shown to our room.

We stayed in the deluxe room, with a pretty terrace overlooking the streets. The staff gave us a thorough run-through of all the amenities in the room before leaving us. The room looked exactly like the pictures, nicely decorated, homely, and was very clean. Bed was comfortable, sheets were clean and crisp. The toilet was clean, well stocked, and the rain shower was amazing after days out in the sun. The wifi in the room was consistent and fast. The hotel location is great, easy access to food, markets, mini-marts, bars, beach, and mall.

All through the stay, the staff were very warm and helpful, ready to answer any questions we have about the area.

We highly recommend the hotel, and will definitely stay there again!

Room Tip: Deluxe rooms have pretty terraces, but are on the 2nd floor and face the main street, so may be slig...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Yi Xin S,

My staff and I are happy to hear your wonderful comments about our Patong Terrace Boutique Hotel that you announce it as ““Beautiful rooms, wonderful service, great location, highly recommended”

It is good to hear that you Like our location, that you describe as a “Great”, of course it is convenient to be close to the beach, markets and if you like to join it; the night live!

Thank you for mentioning that our rooms “looked exactly like the pictures, nicely decorated, homely, and was very clean”; cleanness is one of our prior aspects of attention!

Thank you also for your compliments about our staff; it is nice to hear you say; “the staff were very warm and helpful, ready to answer any questions we have about the area”

Once again thank you for taking the time to write a review, your recommendation and for being our guest and we hope to welcome you again in the near future.