“A gem”

Marco Polo in Sorrento
Cuisines: Italian, Thai
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Family run business Italian food homemade pasta , dessert, and wood fire pizza.
Reviewed October 16, 2013

We stumbled upon this little gem one night.
The service was friendly and welcoming to kids and the food was lovely.
If we had of been staying in Patong we would have gone back again and again.

Reviewed October 14, 2013 via mobile

Great place great service & great food. We found the place one night & went back the following night. Will be a regular place to eat when I return to Patong

Reviewed October 13, 2013

We were welcomed into the restaurant and seated very warmly. Had a delicious veggie pizza. The place was clean with free wifi.

Reviewed October 7, 2013

I ate there 3 times in 9 days awesome Italian food best fettuccine mushroom and ham dish I have ever tasted

Reviewed October 6, 2013

We were talked into eating here by a very pushy Italian man. On the plus side the place looked Italian, there was a traditional pizza oven outside and the place was busy.
We entered, we're shown to a seat, they took our orders and brought us our drinks.
After waiting approx 10 minutes a waitress came over to us and asked if I wanted to change my order as the pizza I ordered would be 'long time' when I pressed her she said 45 mins. We reluctantly decided to wait as my wife's starter was imminent. When my seafood pizza eventually did arrive it was slightly undercooked and consisted of 1 muscle in a shell in the middle, 2 prawns and 3 slices of calamari rings. Some segments of the pizza had nothing on it. My wife's pasta had a tasty tomato sauce and was a generous portion, however the meatballs were undercooked and pink in the middle.
I did notice there were others in the restaurant complaining as well. This is not a criticism, but I suspect the place is Thai owned and the Italian guy is paid simply to get people through the door by hook or by crook. We felt conned in that they serve drinks, have the starter on its way and then tell you about the delay in your food, they should inform you at the outset.
Next time I pass this place I'll walk straight past.

2  Thank David G