“Good Italian food in midst of Thailand”

Marco Polo in Sorrento
Ranked #33 of 581 Restaurants in Patong
Cuisines: Italian, Thai
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Family run business Italian food homemade pasta , dessert, and wood fire pizza.
Reviewed October 13, 2013

We were welcomed into the restaurant and seated very warmly. Had a delicious veggie pizza. The place was clean with free wifi.

There are newer reviews for Marco Polo in Sorrento

Reviewed October 7, 2013

I ate there 3 times in 9 days awesome Italian food best fettuccine mushroom and ham dish I have ever tasted

Reviewed October 6, 2013

We were talked into eating here by a very pushy Italian man. On the plus side the place looked Italian, there was a traditional pizza oven outside and the place was busy.
We entered, we're shown to a seat, they took our orders and brought us our drinks.
After waiting approx 10 minutes a waitress came over to us and asked if I wanted to change my order as the pizza I ordered would be 'long time' when I pressed her she said 45 mins. We reluctantly decided to wait as my wife's starter was imminent. When my seafood pizza eventually did arrive it was slightly undercooked and consisted of 1 muscle in a shell in the middle, 2 prawns and 3 slices of calamari rings. Some segments of the pizza had nothing on it. My wife's pasta had a tasty tomato sauce and was a generous portion, however the meatballs were undercooked and pink in the middle.
I did notice there were others in the restaurant complaining as well. This is not a criticism, but I suspect the place is Thai owned and the Italian guy is paid simply to get people through the door by hook or by crook. We felt conned in that they serve drinks, have the starter on its way and then tell you about the delay in your food, they should inform you at the outset.
Next time I pass this place I'll walk straight past.

2  Thank David G
Reviewed September 28, 2013

We ate there on two occasions after looking for something non Thai due to over doing it, meals were a good size and very nice, they have there own wood fired oven and the pizzas were delicious, the house red and white wines where cheap and decent compared to anywhere else in Patong, also real decent quality coffees to wash it down, would go again.

Reviewed September 17, 2013

Well we loved it, beautiful Italian food, lots of it, well priced and the service was excellent. Came with friends who had dined here before and we werent dissapointed. We had 6 kids out of a party of 13 and they looked after them well. I can see the Italian host could annoy some, but we are in Patong - surely you are used to people hassling you?!?!?!

Been to Marco Polo in Sorrento? Share your experiences!