“Paid more than we received”

Marco Polo in Sorrento
Ranked #33 of 583 Restaurants in Patong
Cuisines: Italian, Thai
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Family run business Italian food homemade pasta , dessert, and wood fire pizza.
Reviewed January 24, 2013 via mobile

This restaurant provided mediocre food that was bland and tasteless. I had the lasagna which tasted as if it was store bought but my friend however had the linguini alla puttanesca which he deemed to be good but overcooked.
The price was very high for Thailand and especially for the quality of food provided.
I highly recommend going across the way to ristorante de mauro which is far better for both food and value.

2  Thank Maurizio C
There are newer reviews for Marco Polo in Sorrento

Reviewed January 17, 2013

We tried to dine Italian, this restaurant, but in my opinion is not Italian, looking at the menu, service staff, or some Asian people who's ran the restaurant, only one man I think Italian, out the door into the street, chatting and drink wine. The standard of food poor, overcooked pasta and pizza, not tasty at all, service also very confused, we asked to change our two courses, no answers only sarcastic smiles. I do not like this place, we will not return ever again. Absolutely not recommended

3  Thank casedis
Reviewed January 12, 2013

I was intrigued by the homey feeling when i walked inside this unpretentious Italian restaurant. I was greeted with comfort, and there's free wifi available!
The linguine i ordered was brilliant with massive amount of clams! Too bad i couldn't have a taste on its famous stone-oven pizza due to i came on my own that day. Surely...i'll be back to taste another Marcopolo's signature menu!

1  Thank Liandy_Vu
Reviewed January 12, 2013

Up the street we walked, and as from numerous other reviews...we were verbally "attacked" by the Owner/Spruiker to come on in. Not sure why I wanted Italian in Thailand...that's another story. The hospitality was good, but, as we were on THE front table, we heard it all...agaian, and again. Our male waiter was very attentive...the others, shoulda been home doing their nails!! The bride pizza lover, was very disappointed, the base was soggy, and while the ingediants were fresh...it was tasteless to be honest. My pasta was (as numerous others have said) chewy..sauce ok. The mixed brushetta was quite tasty. Because no-one came near us for a while, the plates sat there, and we declined desert. The saving grace was the Owner realised we had been neglected, and did pour us a couple of Lemoncello's. It was just ok...at the prices, there were p[lenty of other places to try

2  Thank Gary D
Reviewed December 31, 2012

I certainly agree with some previous reviews, restaurant with poor quality of food, so much confusion in the service, one Italian out of the door into the street, calling people only, a good actor, but not professional, do not believe the words of this person , not sincere. I'd rather not go into the details of food, better not comment. I would strongly recommend others Italian restaurants nearby, are significantly better with great food and service. This marco polo absolutely not recommended.

3  Thank jason119

Been to Marco Polo in Sorrento? Share your experiences!